12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 May '16 19:46
    there is growing evidence that self-regulation or self-control
    abilities may have as much effect on academic and
    other life outcomes as IQ.

Way down the page on the link under Important Unresolved Issues

https://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/amp-67-2-130.pdf

As a teacher I've noticed this for many years now. Kids who can behave themselves in class out perform those who can't behave. Seems to me that if this is the case, then learning to behave should be the most important thing taught in schools.

Of course in the US we don't try to teach behavior, We just try to teach teachers how to manage bad behavior so that we can produce marginally educated deviants.
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    04 May '16 20:48
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]there is growing evidence that self-regulation or self-control

As a teacher I've noticed this for many years now. Kids who can behave thems ...[text shortened]... o teach teachers how to manage bad behavior so that we can produce marginally educated deviants.[/b]
    So does Eladar believe that female students academically outperform male students because
    female students behave better?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 May '16 22:062 edits
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    So does Eladar believe that female students academically outperform male students because
    female students behave better?
    So does Douchebag always type in such a condescending manner?

As to the question, ignoring the troll style in which it was written, there is little doubt that girls' behavior adds to their superior academic performance compared to their male counterparts. This would also add to girls doing better in school.

Girls' strengths in reading and writing are generally more useful when it comes to education compared to a guys' strengths in spacial ability and mathematics.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    05 May '16 00:16
    [b]there is growing evidence that self-regulation or self-control

As a teacher I've noticed this for many years now. Kids who can behave thems ...[text shortened]... o teach teachers how to manage bad behavior so that we can produce marginally educated deviants.[/b]
    What measures would you prefer the State run schools employ to teach us all how to behave?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '16 01:19

As to the question, ignoring the troll style in which it was written, there is little doubt that girls' behavior adds to their superior academic performance compared to their male counterparts. This would also add to girls doing better in school.

Girls' strengths in reading and writing are g ...[text shortened]... ful when it comes to education compared to a guys' strengths in spacial ability and mathematics.
    Great reply .
    I was going to answer the troll's question but your response was much better than what I thought up.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 May '16 01:35

Girls' strengths in reading and writing are g ...[text shortened]... ful when it comes to education compared to a guys' strengths in spacial ability and mathematics.
    My earlier question was based on a logical extension of what Eladar wrote.
    Why does Eladar apparently believe that his insults can conceal his general idiocy?

"...guys' strengths in spatial ability and mathematics."
    --Eladar

From an earlier thread (where Eladar ignored this), according to the American Enterprise
    Institute (a right-wing American website), on the 2015 SAT the average scores in mathematics were:
    White females: 518
    White males: 551
    Asian females: 585

Eladar may like to boast that white males were 33 points superior to white females, but
    how would he explain that white males were 34 points inferior to Asian females?
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 May '16 01:462 edits
    Originally posted by FishHead111 to Eladar
    Great reply . I was going to answer the troll's question but your response was much better than what I thought up.
    How many times has FishHead111 already been banned by RHP?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '16 02:371 edit
    How many times has FishHead111 already been banned by RHP?
    Gotta be at least 20 or more over the past 15 years. Maybe a lot more, dunno, I never kept count.
    How about you?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 May '16 15:10
    My earlier question was based on a logical extension of what Eladar wrote.
    Why does Eladar apparently believe that his insults can conceal his general idiocy?

"...guys' strengths in spatial ability and mathematics."
    --Eladar

From an earlier thread (where Eladar ignored this), according to the American Enterprise
    Institute (a right-wing American w ...[text shortened]... te females, but
    how would he explain that white males were 34 points inferior to Asian females?
    Try comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges. In case you don 't know what that means, try comparing Asian girls to Asian guys. In the same way you can compare white girls to white guys.

When it comes to blacks, I think you will find that black girls out perform black guys. This is explained by the fact that guys suffer more from a bad environment. In the same way, guys excel more due to a good environment.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 May '16 15:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What measures would you prefer the State run schools employ to teach us all how to behave?
    http://teacher.scholastic.com/professional/bruceperry/self_regulation.htm
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 May '16 20:02
    Try comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges. In case you don 't know what that means, try comparing Asian girls to Asian guys. In the same way you can compare white girls to white guys.

When it comes to blacks, I think you will find that black girls out perform black guys. This is explained by the fact that guys suffer more from a bad environment. In the same way, guys excel more due to a good environment.
    Why does Eladar apparently believe that it's unfair to compare white students to Asian students in the USA?
    Would Eladar say that whites are supposed to be intrinsically inferior to Asians in mathematics?

And regarding Eladar's ignorant claim that 'black girls out perform black guys', the
    American Enterprise Institute (right-wing American website) reports that on the 2015 SAT in math:
    Black males scored 435, black females scored 422 on average.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 May '16 22:12
    Why does Eladar apparently believe that it's unfair to compare white students to Asian students in the USA?
    Would Eladar say that whites are supposed to be intrinsically inferior to Asians in mathematics?

And regarding Eladar's ignorant claim that 'black girls out perform black guys', the
    American Enterprise Institute (right-wing American website) reports that on the 2015 SAT in math:
    Black males scored 435, black females scored 422 on average.
    You really must have been a very hard worker in school.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 May '16 22:24
    Only a moron would think that I was saying that it is unfair to compare whites to Asians. I just said it was idiotic to compare race and gender simply as gender.

I think I've said it many times that Asians have a higher IQ than whites when comparing groups. Make of that what you will about what that means intrinsically when comparing individuals. You will of course come to an incorrect understanding, but that's just you being you showing how little you actually understand.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    05 May '16 22:29
    You really must have been a very hard worker in school.
    Eladar refuses to admit that he's wrong in claiming that black females performed better than black males in mathematics.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 May '16 22:30
    Eladar refuses to admit that he's wrong in claiming that black females performed better than black males in mathematics.
    I did not claim that it was a fact.

You continue to be a douchebag.