1. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 15:21
    Philippines' Duterte tells U.S. 'you have to pay' if it wants to keep troop deal

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-philippines-usa-defence/philippines-duterte-tells-u-s-you-have-to-pay-if-it-wants-to-keep-troop-deal-idUSKBN2AC1K2
    -----------------------

Excellent!!
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Feb '21 16:08
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Philippines' Duterte tells U.S. 'you have to pay' if it wants to keep troop deal

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-philippines-usa-defence/philippines-duterte-tells-u-s-you-have-to-pay-if-it-wants-to-keep-troop-deal-idUSKBN2AC1K2
    -----------------------

Excellent!!
    Easy Peasy pull out of the Philippines and let this scumbag rot and leave the Philippine people to get on peacefully with their neighbours in the region.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Feb '21 20:40
    @kevcvs57 said
    Easy Peasy pull out of the Philippines and let this scumbag rot and leave the Philippine people to get on peacefully with their neighbours in the region.
    How important are the Philippines to the US supporting the defense of Taiwan and Japan?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '21 22:013 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 01:14
    @Duchess64
    Tell me, what is the reason for the artificial militarized islands very close to the Philippines? Are you going to seriously jump on the peaceful nature of those islands?

No threat, don't worry, Filipino's, no bid deal, right? Totally peaceful exercise.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 03:141 edit

7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 12:002 edits
    @Duchess64 - The US Navy is more powerful than all other navies combined.

If the US Navy tangled with the Chinese Navy in the South China Sea, I think China might win that one.

Just as an example, the Chinese have a ballistic missile that can make minor
    adjustments in its downward flight, the only ballistic missile that can do that.

That means China can take out American Aircraft carriers by missiles fired from the mainland.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 12:231 edit

9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 16:20
    @athousandyoung said
    How important are the Philippines to the US supporting the defense of Taiwan and Japan?
    The USA is not supporting anything but their own interests in the region, in short containing China.
    How important do you think the Philippines are in the defence of Taiwan and Japan given the naval power and bases the US has in the region? It’s actually got bases on Japanese soil so I’m not sure why the Philippines is a crucial link pin.
    But if it is then yes pay for the use of Philippine military bases and just forget about the regime your supporting there,
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    14 Feb '21 22:571 edit
    @Duchess64
    Well I suppose it does make a difference *where* such a battle would take place but don't underestimate the Chinese Navy - or conversely, don't overstate America's. If you don't mind the findings of a SIM:

China vs. America: Who Would Win the Battle of the South China Sea?
    Would the U.S. Navy simply be out gunned?

by Kyle Mizokami

... Command is particularly suited for attempting a high-fidelity simulation of modern naval combat — it included an admiral and staff from the U.S. Naval War College in the game’s beta testing — and we’re going to take a page from the Navy and put America’s latest fighting ship to the test.

The result isn’t good — and a harrowing lesson to be cautious about how we equip the U.S. military.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/china-vs-america-who-would-win-the-battle-the-south-china-16467
    -------------------

You can find opinions that are opposite but to me, it seems that America does not have this incredible advantage, if any. And it is clear that China intends to keep building its Navy, while the US - not so much.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 02:13

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree