Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    09 Sep '17 03:222 edits
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

    This six-page test of about 36 total questions gauges your political compass on on chart ranging from left to right and authoritarian to libertarian. The results of my test are as follows:

    https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-2.0&soc=-4.67

    Your Political Compass

    Economic Left/Right: -2.0
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.67

    Basically, the chart indicates that I fall slightly to the lest, and that I'm moderately libertarian.

    My only gripe with this test is that there are no neutral positions on any of the topics; you either have to agree or disagree on all of them. Still interesting, nonetheless.

    Post your results.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    323089
    09 Sep '17 03:46
    I found doing this test interesting because it clarified my position on a number of topics, but the overall result came as no surprise:
    Economic -6.5, Social -2.62
    That puts me pretty close to Gandhi and I'm pretty happy about that.
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56303
    09 Sep '17 04:021 edit
    Economic: -9.9
    Social: -6.46

    I'm nearly in the bottom-left green corner (more communist than Stalin and more libertarian than Gandhi).

    I found a few of the questions actually quite hard to answer.
    For example: a severely handicapped person with a high probability of passing on the handicap: should he be banned from having children?

    The moral implications of however you answer it are horrible.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35848
    09 Sep '17 04:18
    Someone brings this up every few years or so. I'm pretty sure where I'll fall on the graph.

    I'm at work right now, I'll check it out when I get home (90 min or so).
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65530
    09 Sep '17 04:39
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Someone brings this up every few years or so. I'm pretty sure where I'll fall on the graph.

    I'm at work right now, I'll check it out when I get home (90 min or so).
    Suzi,

    You're at work now, you'll check the quiz later, roger that, message received, we all appreciate regular updates on what you're doing. There is great anticipation. Could you please use GMT as a reference so those interested can make an appointment with their computer, waiting eagerly your results.

    Sincerely,

    Wajoma
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56303
    09 Sep '17 05:01
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Suzi,

    You're at work now, you'll check the quiz later, roger that, message received, we all appreciate regular updates on what you're doing. There is great anticipation. Could you please use GMT as a reference so those interested can make an appointment with their computer, waiting eagerly your results.

    Sincerely,

    Wajoma
    Yes. And everyone's just dying to hear your opinions about everything...
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    281496
    09 Sep '17 06:581 edit
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    I found doing this test interesting because it clarified my position on a number of topics, but the overall result came as no surprise:
    Economic -6.5, Social -2.62
    That puts me pretty close to Gandhi and I'm pretty happy about that.
    Ghandi dead. Lol. May you walk a mile in his shoes. Might meet douchess in Afrika
  8. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    281496
    09 Sep '17 07:03
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Suzi,

    You're at work now, you'll check the quiz later, roger that, message received, we all appreciate regular updates on what you're doing. There is great anticipation. Could you please use GMT as a reference so those interested can make an appointment with their computer, waiting eagerly your results.

    Sincerely,

    Wajoma
    +1000
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35848
    09 Sep '17 07:50
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Suzi,

    You're at work now, you'll check the quiz later, roger that, message received, we all appreciate regular updates on what you're doing. There is great anticipation. Could you please use GMT as a reference so those interested can make an appointment with their computer, waiting eagerly your results.

    Sincerely,

    Wajoma
    And I don't suppose you'd like to kiss my ass?

    Where are your results, oh great monitor of everything no one cares about?
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35848
    09 Sep '17 07:53
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    Ghandi dead. Lol. May you walk a mile in his shoes. Might meet douchess in Afrika
    Embarrassed to show everyone just how far right you are?

    No problem, I would be, too. IF I was that far right.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65530
    09 Sep '17 08:00
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Yes. And everyone's just dying to hear your opinions about everything...
    Shav, when someone conveys critical information to you, the correct response is to repeat the message back to them so that they can be sure their critical message has been received. This is common practice for emergency services and there is no reason why we should not adopt this practice when suzi is letting everyone know what she is doing.

    For example, the ambulance arrives at a scene and the EMT communicates back to the hospital "The patient is smoking." You can see the confusion right.

    Now imagine if we got confused about what suzi was doing.

    Can we have a 10-4 from you.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35848
    09 Sep '17 08:16
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Economic: -9.9
    Social: -6.46

    I'm nearly in the bottom-left green corner (more communist than Stalin and more libertarian than Gandhi).

    I found a few of the questions actually quite hard to answer.
    For example: a severely handicapped person with a high probability of passing on the handicap: should he be banned from having children?

    The moral implications of however you answer it are horrible.
    Damn, Shav, that is some ultra-liberal stuff there.

    For everyone except Wajoma, who still hasn't posted his results:

    Your Political Compass
    Economic Left/Right: -7.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.1

    This is about as libertarian (even though I hate that word, it reminds me of the US Libertarian Party, which is not this kind of libertarian at all) as Gandhi and about as communist as Stalin.

    At least in doing this test, I can see that some of my views are not as liberal as I thought, and I think this is primarily because I'm an American.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65530
    09 Sep '17 08:23
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Damn, Shav, that is some ultra-liberal stuff there.

    For everyone except Wajoma, who still hasn't posted his results:

    Your Political Compass
    Economic Left/Right: -7.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.1

    This is about as libertarian (even though I hate that word, it reminds me of the US Libertarian Party, which is not this kind of libertarian ...[text shortened]... my views are not as liberal as I thought, and I think this is primarily because I'm an American.
    Your first post was at 04:18 (Where you said "(90 min or so)")

    You finally post your results at 08:16.

    ahemmmm

    But, boy oh boy, was it worth the wait, oh yesssssssss.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    09 Sep '17 10:153 edits
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Economic: -9.9
    Social: -6.46

    I'm nearly in the bottom-left green corner (more communist than Stalin and more libertarian than Gandhi).

    I found a few of the questions actually quite hard to answer.
    For example: a severely handicapped person with a high probability of passing on the handicap: should he be banned from having children?

    The moral implications of however you answer it are horrible.
    Yes, Shav is a libertarian fascist.

    Nice.

    Let me guess, you are a libertarian when it comes to taking drugs and sex, but a fascist when it comes to money and a free market. To achieve this, the state must rise up and be all powerful, thus all other freedoms disappear as well. How else can it micromanage the economy and every single financial transaction?

    To continually justify itself, the state will preach "fairness" and "justice" on the basis for which it will forever centralize power and control the people.
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56303
    09 Sep '17 10:53
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Shav, when someone conveys critical information to you, the correct response is to repeat the message back to them so that they can be sure their critical message has been received. This is common practice for emergency services and there is no reason why we should not adopt this practice when suzi is letting everyone know what she is doing.

    For example ...[text shortened]... .

    Now imagine if we got confused about what suzi was doing.

    Can we have a 10-4 from you.
    I'd really rather hear about Suzi's shopping or the state of her socks, than read your right-wing, spiteful, claptrap.

    Comparing forum communication to walkie-talkie protocol is like comparing silk knickers with diapers.
Back to Top