Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    07 Dec '17 07:26
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Wages are going UP because of Brexit and DOWN because of austerity, what’s a girl to do! Ah some more cherry-picking perhaps.
    If your industry has not experienced a mass EU exodus then wage rises may not be in your cards. Your cherry picking, although probably used as a figure of speech to signify something different entirely, may in fact hold the secret to how you would supplement your income, going forward, in these uncertain times.
  2. 07 Dec '17 07:31
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    If your industry has not experienced a mass EU exodus then wage rises may not be in your cards. Your cherry picking, although probably used as a figure of speech to signify something different entirely, may in fact hold the secret to how you would supplement your income, going forward, in these uncertain times.
    Why do I need to supplement my income if wages are increasing?
  3. 07 Dec '17 07:32
    Well if you average up and down it sort of looks flat!
    Well there we are then, no change.
  4. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    07 Dec '17 09:09
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Why do I need to supplement my income if wages are increasing?
    Thank you for sidestepping my humourous aside. Don't mention it!
  5. 07 Dec '17 09:10
    Thank you for sidestepping my humourous aside. Don't mention it!
    Ok I get it now after a re-read
  6. 07 Dec '17 18:36
    Originally posted by @sh76 to Divegeester
    I'm sure there are problems that will be caused by Brexit and I don't know enough about the issues to be able to render a fully informed judgment as to whether it's a good idea.

I can tell you though, that the preponderance of American opinion (including my own) seems to be that Brexit makes the UK a more attractive place to invest/set up bra ...[text shortened]... e much more in common in economic philosophy with Britain than with the Mediterranean countries.
    Years ago, a South Korean corporation built an electronics factory (creating 500 jobs) in Northern Ireland.
    It did this not because it was going after the market in Northern Ireland or even the UK.
    It did this in order to gain access to the much larger market in the EU.