Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '18 11:04
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-ignores-court-ruling-he-cant-block-critics-twitter-president-thinks-hes-943315

A relatively minor thing in the wider world but POTUS blocked twitter responders and a judge issued a decision saying the affair is about freedom of speech and therefore unconstitutional for POTUS to block twitter accounts.

But of course even in a case as minor as this he shows his true colors.

I saw Stephen King interviewed and he said he was also blocked when he told POTUS his (Trump's) head was up his ass.

If I used Twitter I would have said the same thing and more, since the present POTUS is a narcissistic sociopath with dreams of dictatorship.
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    25 May '18 11:12
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-ignores-court-ruling-he-cant-block-critics-twitter-president-thinks-hes-943315

A relatively minor thing in the wider world but POTUS blocked twitter responders and a judge issued a decision saying the affair is about freedom of speech and therefore unconstitutional for POTUS to block twitter accounts.

But of course even ...[text shortened]... thing and more, since the present POTUS is a narcissistic sociopath with dreams of dictatorship.
    The emperor is running around naked. Who will have the courage to tell him?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 May '18 11:42
    I don't know about this one. Is it Trump's personal Twitter account? If so, I don't get why he can't be allowed to do what he wants with it, as long as it's within Twitter's terms of service.

Or is there something more I'm missing?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 May '18 12:321 edit

But of course even ...[text shortened]... thing and more, since the present POTUS is a narcissistic sociopath with dreams of dictatorship.
    You are only above the law if you are a POTUS with a "D" by your name, not if you have an "R" by your name as liberal judges around the country keep stopping you on the assumption you are a racist for all your policies that mirror your Dim rival.
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 May '18 12:35
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I don't know about this one. Is it Trump's personal Twitter account? If so, I don't get why he can't be allowed to do what he wants with it, as long as it's within Twitter's terms of service.

Or is there something more I'm missing?
    He uses this account to make announcements that are a matter of public interest. Whether he should is another matter, but he does. In so doing, he has made this account an outlet of government policy, and thus subject to the same requirements as official government organs.
    This verdict would never have passed if he'd had the self-control to put government matters on the official POTUS account and limit his private one to ruminations about the delevtability of his daughter's backside. But he doesn't, so he's brought this onto himself.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 May '18 12:53
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    He uses this account to make announcements that are a matter of public interest. Whether he should is another matter, but he does. In so doing, he has made this account an outlet of government policy, and thus subject to the same requirements as official government organs.
    This verdict would never have passed if he'd had the self-control to put govern ...[text shortened]... the delevtability of his daughter's backside. But he doesn't, so he's brought this onto himself.
    Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 May '18 16:09
    Trump has a pen and he has a phone.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '18 16:47
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Penis stronger than the sword.
  9. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    25 May '18 17:11
    😲 😵
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 May '18 17:15
    why are liberals so vulgar?
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 May '18 17:43
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    You elected Mr. "Grab 'Em the Pussy".
  12. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    26 May '18 03:05
    Originally posted by @vivify
    You elected Mr. "Grab 'Em the Pussy".
    Better 'n Hillary
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '18 04:12
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Why are conservatives so stupid?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    26 May '18 05:27
    Originally posted by @eladar
    But he hasn't demonstrated he can use either with any élan.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    26 May '18 05:29
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Better 'n Hillary
    'n
    ?
    What animal makes that noise? Can't be human can it?