Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 18:591 edit
    If nothing else, I bet the house when they stand at the podium, Hillary will be the same height as Trump even though she is much shorter in stature.

That will be a given.

It's all about perception and deception.
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 21:282 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    If nothing else, I bet the house when they stand at the podium, Hillary will be the
    same height as Trump even though she is much shorter in stature.

That will be a given.

It's all about perception and deception.
    Anyone who's fatuous enough to base one's vote upon a candidate's apparent height should not vote.

Whodey likes to act as though Americans would be shocked to discover that a female
    candidate is much shorter than a male candidate as though Americans were not already
    accustomed to the sight of the average woman being much shorter than the average man.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 21:463 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder to Vistesd
    Trump will be Trump at the debate.

The rub is this; at this point the two major party candidates are really fishing for those who are currently expressing an intention to vote for one of the third party candidates - the chances of major defections from those saying they will vote for Trump or Hillary now is low, but traditionally third part ...[text shortened]... h Republican primary voters, but as I have stated that is not the critical target audience here.
    "I also don't agree that aggressive actions by male candidates toward females ones at debates are helpful to the former."
    --No1Marauder (to Vistesd)

No1Marauder's many extremely aggressive and abusive actions against me show his hypocrisy.

I suspect that No1Marauder has misunderstood or distorted Vistesd's apparent position.
    I don't believe that Vistesd was claiming that EVERY kind of 'aggressive action' or sexist
    argument by a male politician against a female politician must work. The MOST OBVIOUS
    TRANSPARENT SEXIST arguments likely would be counter-productive. If Donald Trump
    were to say explicitly that Hillary Clinton must not be elected because no woman ever
    could be qualified to be US President, only the most sexist voters would agree with it.
    So Donald Trump needs to make a sexist argument without appearing too overtly sexist.
    'Dog whistle' sexism works like 'dog whistle' racism.

I suspect that Vistesd believes (like some male political analysts do) that Donald Trump
    could use SOME kind of sexist argument to his advantage against Hillary Clinton.
    Notwithstanding No1Marauder's willful blindness to sexism, including his own, sexism
    remains a significant factor (some studies or surveys seem to find) in US politics today.
    I expect No1Marauder to sneer at the men who disagree with his blindness toward sexism.

The lawyer No1Marauder has a record of making disingenuous arguments, sometimes
    apparently appealing to sexism or rape myths, on behalf of men accused or convicted
    of rape or sexual assault. Accordingly, No1Marauder likes to take advantage of sexism
    while pretending that it does not exist or is not important.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 22:24
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Anyone who's fatuous enough to base one's vote upon a candidate's apparent height should not vote.

Whodey likes to act as though Americans would be shocked to discover that a female
    candidate is much shorter than a male candidate as though Americans were not already
    accustomed to the sight of the average woman being much shorter than the average man.
    Lot's of people should not vote.

Are you saying that the majority of voters are informed and should vote?
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 23:08

People with Whodey's abysmal 'reading comprehension' should not vote.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Sep '16 23:11
    "I also don't agree that aggressive actions by male candidates toward females ones at debates are helpful to the former."

No1Marauder's many extremely aggressive and abusive actions against me show his hypocrisy.

I suspect that No1Marauder has misunderstood or distorted Vistesd's apparent position.
    I don't believe that Vi ...[text shortened]... likes to take advantage of sexism
    "...the Americans who dislike her [Hillary Clinton] most are those who most fear emasculation."
    --Peter Beinart ('Fear of a Female President', in the 'Atlantic', October 2016)

If only white men could vote, then Hillary Clinton presumably would lose to Donald Trump.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 19:13

I don't believe that Vi ...[text shortened]... likes to take advantage of sexism
    LMAO! It's naturally off-topic and "all about you" (as to be expected from a mentally unhinged narcissist), but for you to dare complain about anyone's supposed "aggressive and abusive actions" on this Forum is hypocrisy on a grand scale.

The last paragraph is your usual lies, distortions and trolling.

The idea that I deny sexism exists in the US is so ridiculous it does not require comment.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 19:151 edit
    "...the Americans who dislike her [Hillary Clinton] most are those who most fear emasculation."
    --Peter Beinart ('Fear of a Female President', in the 'Atlantic', October 2016)

If only white men could vote, then Hillary Clinton presumably would lose to Donald Trump.
    If only white men could vote, Republicans probably wouldn't have lost a Presidential election since the 60s.

EDIT: As I suspected:

In fact, the last Democratic candidate for the White House to win the white male vote was President Lyndon B. Johnson – 50 years ago.[in 1964]

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/08/12/the-democrats-white-male-problem
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 19:21

People should vote.

People should get informed.

Reading townhall, the daily caller and the other sources you rely on is not the way to get informed.
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 19:34
    So what is everyones prediction for the upcoming debate between Hillary and Trump?

I'm guessing Hillary will be coughing up everything but the truth.
    My cousins don't want to watch the debate and it's on every channel. So they want me to rent a movie. LOL.I'm going to bring back Liar Liar for them.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 20:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I think Trump should bring up "Vince Foster was murdered" theories at the debate; that will certainly appeal to swing voters and cement his image as a reasonable person well-suited to be President of the United States.
    I hope he does. He did bring it up before and nobody wanted to challenge him on it except behind his back when he could not respond. Nobody had the guts just like you.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 20:301 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I hope he does. He did bring it up before and nobody wanted to challenge him on it except behind his back when he could not respond. Nobody had the guts just like you.
    When someone's uncle Fred starts talking about the implants the aliens who abducted him left in his brain, others often won't "challenge" him either.

That doesn't mean they think such beliefs have any basis in reality.

The percentage of crazy conspiracy nuts who aren't already voting for Trump is probably quite small and the average undecided (between Trump and Clinton anyway) voter's likely reaction to such talk is almost certainly going to be negative. If Trump dips his toe in such waters during a General Election Presidential Debate it's likely to be damaging, if not fatal, to his chances.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 20:31
    Originally posted by kquinn909
    My cousins don't want to watch the debate and it's on every channel. So they want me to rent a movie. LOL.I'm going to bring back Liar Liar for them.
    If I had a time travel machine, I'd do more interesting things with it than rent movies, I think.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 21:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    People should vote.

People should get informed.

Reading townhall, the daily caller and the other sources you rely on is not the way to get informed.
    And there should be world peace.

Thanks for that.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 03:04
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If I had a time travel machine, I'd do more interesting things with it than rent movies, I think.
    Of course you would, but did you know you don't need a time machine for renting movies?