Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 16:252 edits
    Anyone (whether you're American or not) care to declare who of the GOP field they'd like to see win the nom (and please don't say "I want to see X because he'll definitely lose the general" - that's not what this thread is about)?

I'll start. Right now, I'm leaning towards:

1. Walker
    2. Kasich
    3. Bush
    4. Anyone but Trump
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 16:421 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Anyone (whether you're American or not) care to declare who of the GOP field they'd like to see win the nom (and please don't say "I want to see X because he'll definitely lose the general" - that's not what this thread is about)?

1. Walker
    2. Kasich
    3. Bush
    4. Anyone but Trump
    In other words you are an establishment guy. The kind of guy who makes 6 figures but wants to fleece those who make 1/4 that amount to help pay for your opera tickets.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 17:14
    Originally posted by Eladar
    In other words you are an establishment guy. The kind of guy who makes 6 figures but wants to fleece those who make 1/4 that amount to help pay for your opera tickets.
    Yes, exactly.

But it's not opera tickets. It's my golf club memberships and polo ground invitationals that I'd like to make you subsidize.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 17:25
    Yes, exactly.

But it's not opera tickets. It's my golf club memberships and polo ground invitationals that I'd like to make you subsidize.
    Not sure endowment for the arts covers those things.
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 17:281 edit
    Marco Rubio the Spic
    Condi Rice
    That black general whose name I cannot remember
    Ron Paul
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 17:33
    Not sure endowment for the arts covers those things.
    It's okay. I'll take your cash instead.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 18:24
    It's okay. I'll take your cash instead.
    Perhaps in the way of government subsidies to your clients, but for now enjoy your cheap entertainment. oh yeah, I suppose you'd call it culture.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 19:201 edit
    Perhaps in the way of government subsidies to your clients, but for now enjoy your cheap entertainment. oh yeah, I suppose you'd call it culture.
    I'll consider your words as I sip Blue Label while riding in a stretch limo driven by Jeeves to my weekend house in the Hamptons and then while I'm swimming laps in my Olympic sized heated pool and relaxing in my hot tub.

It's a shame the helicopter is in the shop.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 19:25
    Of course no serious candidate is going to be popular among the raving lunatic segment of the GOP electorate (well-represented on this forum), but I wouldn't be surprised if Walker does well in the primaries.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 19:27
    I'll consider your words as I sip Blue Label while riding in a stretch limo driven by Jeeves to my weekend house in the Hamptons and then while I'm swimming laps in my Olympic sized heated pool and relaxing in my hot tub.

It's a shame the helicopter is in the shop.
    So you deny making 6 figures? Or do you deny having the government subsidizing your entertainment?

No need to live the life you describe to live a life far easier than the common man.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 20:43

1. Walker
    2. Kasich
    3. Bush
    4. Anyone but Trump
    Huckabee
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 21:01

1. Walker
    2. Kasich
    3. Bush
    4. Anyone but Trump
    I'm with you on Walker, a former governor, a survivor, and a guy with a track record of accomplishment in a very blue State, with massive public union opposition.

Kasich - Ugh - One of those guys who always runs, but isn't taken seriously.

Bush - I've had enough of the Bush family. He'd be savaged as was his brother.

I might take Trump, if he sticks it out. He surely beats Hillary. My favorite, before he announced was Walker.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 21:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Huckabee
    Huckabee seems to be more viable than in his former run. He's more than a southern governor now.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '15 21:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Huckabee
    I'd vote for Huckabee.

I'd probably vote for Trump.
  15. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves