Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 25 Oct '12 21:52
    It's pretty clear that president Obama loves abortion and thinks every woman should try it at least once. It's also clear that he supports the killing of children that are alive if women decide they don't want them. As a state senator, he refused to vote for the born alive infant protection act, which would have required doctors to provide life support if an aborted fetus was born alive.
    He cosponsored legislation which would strike down restrictions on abortions at the state and federal level. He is on record as saying he supports even so-called late term abortions. Of course, during his run for the presidency he claimed that he didn't support late term abortions. Which position is the truth, Mr President?
    Of course, he also supports tax-payer funded abortions. After all, nobody should be denied the delightful experience of killing a perfectly blameless baby.
    Here's a link
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-obama-says-hes-pro-choice-third-trimester-abortions_650524.html

Do we really want someone for president who thinks the only good baby is a dead one?
  2. Standard member Soothfast
    25 Oct '12 22:03
    Originally posted by dryhump
    It's pretty clear that president Obama loves abortion and thinks every woman should try it at least once. It's also clear that he supports the killing of children that are alive if women decide they don't want them. As a state senator, he refused to vote for the born alive infant protection act, which would have required doctors to provide life support if ...[text shortened]... tml

Do we really want someone for president who thinks the only good baby is a dead one?
    Unless you have adopted an unwanted child I think you should shut up.
  3. 25 Oct '12 22:16
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Lucky for me, I don't care what you think.
  4. Standard member Soothfast
    25 Oct '12 22:22
    Lucky for me, I don't care what you think.
    Of course you don't care. Not caring is precisely what you do the minute a baby is actually born to the world. What you care about is using fetuses to advance your Handmaid's Tale agenda.
  5. 25 Oct '12 22:52 / 1 edit
    It's pretty clear that president Obama loves abortion and thinks every woman should try it at least once. It's also clear that he supports the killing of children that are alive if women decide they don't want them. As a state senator, he refused to vote for the born alive infant protection act, which would have required doctors to provide life support if tml

What babies? I think it clear the President does not like abortion. Nevertheless, the article you cite does not say that "Obama loves abortion and thinks every woman should try it at least once." A ridiculous assertion from you a stupid person.
  6. Standard member vivify
    rain
    26 Oct '12 00:55
    Well, you know how those muslim communists are. First they want death penals to kill our grandmas, now they want to kill babies.
  7. 26 Oct '12 12:46
    Originally posted by moon1969
    What babies? I think it clear the President does not like abortion. Nevertheless, the article you cite does not say that "Obama loves abortion and thinks every woman should try it at least once." A ridiculous assertion from you a stupid person.
    This is satire, moron. Every time you post another ridiculous thread about a "WAR ON WOMEN you're going to get another, even more ridiculous thread about how members of the democratic party love to kill babies. Obviously you believe that conservatives who think abortion is murder are WAGING WAR AGAINST WOMEN, even though they are following their beliefs through to the logical conclusion. I have decided to make ridiculous assertions also and support them with links. DEMOCRATS LOVE KILLING BABIES. The evidence is clear.
    http://www.issues2000.org/celeb/Democratic_Party_Abortion.htm
  8. 26 Oct '12 13:09
    Haha. Wow, the choice of president really has devolved to choosing between some guy who is kind of against abortion and some guy who is kind of in favour of allowing it. And somehow it leads to hysterical rhetoric like this.
  9. 26 Oct '12 13:16
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Haha. Wow, the choice of president really has devolved to choosing between some guy who is kind of against abortion and some guy who is kind of in favour of allowing it. And somehow it leads to hysterical rhetoric like this.
    It is ridiculous, that's my whole point. It's like this on every issue in this country, it seems like. Guys like moon and uther can't respect each other enough to acknowledge that reasonable people can have different opinions. We have to go to the "war on women" or the "baby killing" comments. How we hope to have congress do anything is beyond me. For a country founded on libertarian principles, we sure seem to dislike personal freedom.
  10. 26 Oct '12 14:52
    Unless you've decided to have sex with someone other than your marriage partner, then you should shut up! That's right, we should all have the right to have sex because it is what we feel like doing and if a pregancy should result we should have the right to kill the child we didn't mean to create! We want our lifestyle and don't want little things to get in the way! Babies are just parasites!
  11. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    26 Oct '12 15:08
    They're hard to adopt if they're dead. Just sayin.
  12. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    26 Oct '12 15:58
    Hehehe...
    You must be soooooo proud of your countrymen....
  13. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    26 Oct '12 17:18
    It's pretty clear that president Obama loves abortion and thinks every woman should try it at least once. It's also clear that he supports the killing of children that are alive if women decide they don't want them. As a state senator, he refused to vote for the born alive infant protection act, which would have required doctors to provide life support if ...[text shortened]... tml

As a Republican, I'm telling you that this is an extreme position. And unhelpful. Extremely unhelpful. Let's have intelligent conversations, shall we? Ones like this: I'm positive that abortion is a gut-wrenching, agonizing decision. I detest abortion - every single person born was not aborted. But, as a middle-aged, gray-haired man, and a person who believes in limited government, I do not believe it is the -

Yes. That baby is a person. Government exists to protect rights. I'm going to tell you that I'm extremely conflicted on this. I detest abortion, but I can't make abortion the reason I choose a candidate.
  14. 26 Oct '12 19:43
    Have you made such an adoption?
  15. Standard member Soothfast
    26 Oct '12 20:41
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Have you made such an adoption?
    No. But then, I'm not going around commanding women that they must allow nonsentient fetuses to develop into babies that they do not want, am I? Moreover, I'm not espousing the default Republican position that a woman with children she cannot afford to care for herself without government assistance is a parasite and a pariah, and so should be cast off to "fend for herself" as a form of punishment that dooms the children to a life of depravity that has every likelihood of ending in a prison or an early grave.

Pro-lifers reek of hypocrisy, and many do a poor job of concealing their true motive: a desire to use government as a weapon to foist their religious beliefs on others. If they really cared about "life" they would be adopting children in droves, and demanding an expansion of social welfare programs to make sure children who actually exist are given proper care and upbringing. What a bizarro turnabout that would be!

Alas, the reality is that pro-lifers tend to be Republican, and Republicans love tearing down social safety nets and squandering the savings on tax breaks for billionaires and starting wars that kill babies by the bushel in foreign lands. Yeah, I'm sure the Jesus they pretend to worship would be cool with all that...