Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 21:23
    He still refuses to release them when he said he would when the audit was done. Last I knew 74% of Americans want him to. That means even most Trump supporters want him to release his taxes.

Why isn't this front page news?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 21:32
    Trump's refusal to release his tax returns has been extensively covered by the media. The situation hasn't changed so it isn't "front page" news every day.

Although one can only speculate why Trump won't release his taxes, a plausible reason might be that Trump is worth much less than he claims he is. Had Trump put his inheritance in the bank, he'd be worth around 10 billion right now, while Forbes estimates the value of his assets at around 3-4 billion. However, it is unclear how much debt Trump has leveraged so his net worth could be much less than this.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 21:35
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    He still refuses to release them when he said he would when the audit was done. Last I knew 74% of Americans want him to. That means even most Trump supporters want him to release his taxes.

Why isn't this front page news?
    Why should he? Trump was elected despite not releasing them, no incentive to do so now, and I doubt Trump cares what 74% of Americans think, he only cares what 1% of Americans think.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 21:38
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Trump's refusal to release his tax returns has been extensively covered by the media. The situation hasn't changed so it isn't "front page" news every day.

Although one can only speculate why Trump won't release his taxes, a plausible reason might be that Trump is worth much less than he claims he is. Had Trump put his inheritance in the bank, he'd b ...[text shortened]... , it is unclear how much debt Trump has leveraged so his net worth could be much less than this.
    Suzianne recently wrote that she suspects that Donald Trump's bankrupt and attempting to conceal it.
    I regard that as more of Suzianne's hyperbole.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 21:57
    Originally posted by mchill
    Why should he? Trump was elected despite not releasing them, no incentive to do so now, and I doubt Trump cares what 74% of Americans think, he only cares what 1% of Americans think.
    Judging by Trump's bizarre obsession with crowd size, his poor handling of losing the popular vote and his Pavlovian reaction to criticism, Trump appears to care a lot about what other people think of him. This is probably why he isn't releasing his tax returns.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 22:07
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra to Mchill
    Judging by Trump's bizarre obsession with crowd size, his poor handling of losing the
    popular vote and his Pavlovian reaction to criticism, Trump appears to care a lot about what
    other people think of him. This is probably why he isn't releasing his tax returns.
    Indeed, Donald Trump apparently is obsessed with being popular and deludes himself
    into believing that he's more popular than in reality.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 23:311 edit

Although one can only speculate why Trump won't release his taxes, a plausible reason might be that Trump is worth much less than he claims he is. Had Trump put his inheritance in the bank, he'd b ...[text shortened]... , it is unclear how much debt Trump has leveraged so his net worth could be much less than this.
    Never gets old, does it?
    It's like a classic by now, right?

Knock-knock!
    Who's there?
    Trump's billions!
    Trump's billions who?
    Trump's billions if he would have just invested in a simple, interest-bearing account with a no-load clause/no penalty for early withdrawal instead of investing in real estate and businesses and thereby created more opportunities for jobs and wealth in addition to all of the stimulation to the economies through increased traffic and commerce, plus the taxes associated with the same!

A classic!
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 23:36
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Suzianne recently wrote that she suspects that Donald Trump's bankrupt and attempting to conceal it.
    Why bring it up then?
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 00:071 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why bring it up then?
    It's an example of one American's interpretation of President Trump's refusing to disclose his tax information.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 02:09
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Never gets old, does it?

[b]Knock-knock!

Who's there?
    Trump's billions!
    Trump's billions who?
    Trump's billions if he would have just invested in a simple, interest-bearing account with a no-load clause/no penalty for early withdrawal instead of investing in real estate and businesses an ...[text shortened]... rough increased traffic and commerce, plus the taxes associated with the same!

A classic![/b]
    Cool story, bro.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 02:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Cool story, bro.
    Is it 2009 again so soon?
  12. Germany
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 07:31
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Never gets old, does it?

[b]Knock-knock!

Who's there?
    Trump's billions!
    Trump's billions who?
    Trump's billions if he would have just invested in a simple, interest-bearing account with a no-load clause/no penalty for early withdrawal instead of investing in real estate and businesses an ...[text shortened]... rough increased traffic and commerce, plus the taxes associated with the same!

A classic![/b]
    What's your point? If Bill Gates would've put his inheritance in the bank he would have much less money than he has now. The difference is that Bill Gates is a successful businessman and Donald Trump isn't.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 08:41
    What's your point? If Bill Gates would've put his inheritance in the bank he would have much less money than he has now. The difference is that Bill Gates is a successful businessman and Donald Trump isn't.
    You been drinking from Suzianne's Truth™ well again?

Hope you don't end up with the runs!
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 09:21

Trump's income tax returns wouldn't show his net worth, so I doubt that is the reason.
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 19:51
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    I note that Suzianne has *not* disputed the factual accuracy of what I wrote.
    If I had enough incentive, I expect that I could track down and copy and paste her statement.

So I conclude that the trolls who object to my post would like to help Suzianne cover up
    whenever she commits embarrassing 'whoppers' (as she often does) in her posts.