Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 25 Mar '12 13:16 / 2 edits
    Obama has said that he has no power over the price of gas, but this article seems to challenge that notion.

http://www.youshouldbuygold.com/2011/10/how-much-oil-can-an-ounce-of-gold-buy/

The charge is that the reason oil keeps going up is the inflation of the dollar. Essentially, since OPEC was created in 1961 an ounce of gold could buy around 15 barrels of oil. Today, the same can be said.

"It takes more than 4700% more dollars today to buy an ounce of gold than it did when Nixon disconnected the dollar from gold. Over that time period, the dollars loss of purchasing power in relation to gold has averaged 10% (compounded) per year." The article goes on to say that this is equivalent to paying the government a 10% tithe every year on top of taxes paid every year.

Stimulus er...um.....tithe anyone?
  2. 25 Mar '12 15:20
    That is what Ron Paul has been saying, but nobody wants to believe him. People would rather live in blissful ignorance than avoid economic slavery. People vote with their hearts, not their minds. Their bliss will end in the long term.

People are sheep waiting to be sheared and that is what they get.
  3. 25 Mar '12 17:53
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    That is what Ron Paul has been saying, but nobody wants to believe him. People would rather live in blissful ignorance than avoid economic slavery. People vote with their hearts, not their minds. Their bliss will end in the long term.

People are sheep waiting to be sheared and that is what they get.
    All we like sheep have gone astray.......:'(
  4. 25 Mar '12 19:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    All we like sheep have gone astray.......:'(
    Yep! You'll believe any crap that a crazy old racist spouts.
  5. 25 Mar '12 20:39
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Yep! You'll believe any crap that a crazy old racist spouts.
    Yet you will be a willing slave. Pathetic irony!
  6. 25 Mar '12 21:07
    To be sure, the Ron Paul cult followers are the most sheep-like. The irony of a Paul cult member calling others sheep.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    25 Mar '12 21:13 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama has said that he has no power over the price of gas, but this article seems to challenge that notion.

http://www.youshouldbuygold.com/2011/10/how-much-oil-can-an-ounce-of-gold-buy/

The charge is that the reason oil keeps going up is the inflation of the dollar. Essentially, since OPEC was created in 1961 an ounce of gold could buy around 15 barre a 10% tithe every year on top of taxes paid every year.

Stimulus er...um.....tithe anyone?
    Why don't rich people just do business in gold then? Why get the government involved? If people fear inflation why are they hoarding dollars?
  8. 25 Mar '12 21:18
    Originally posted by moon1969
    To be sure, the Ron Paul cult followers are the most sheep-like. The irony of a Paul cult member calling others sheep.
    How so?
    Please explain how you come to that conclusion. We all want to know.
  9. 25 Mar '12 21:25
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Why don't rich people just do business in gold then? Why get the government involved? If people fear inflation why are they hoarding dollars?
    Because the powers that be are spreading propaganda that convinces people like you that gold is a bubble waiting to pop. Wrong, wrong, wrong! How many years have to go by before idiots like Kazetnagorra and sh76 admit they are wrong?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul303.html
  10. 26 Mar '12 00:14
    Because the powers that be are spreading propaganda that convinces people like you that gold is a bubble waiting to pop. Wrong, wrong, wrong! How many years have to go by before idiots like Kazetnagorra and sh76 admit they are wrong?

Rockwell is nothing but "Klan Philosophy for Dummies." He only proves my earlier point. If you hear a man preaching civil rights by location then you should know that you are NOT hearing a libertarian - only a secretly hooded charlatan.
  11. 26 Mar '12 02:18
    Rockwell is nothing but "Klan Philosophy for Dummies." He only proves my earlier point. If you hear a man preaching civil rights by location then you should know that you are NOT hearing a libertarian - only a secretly hooded charlatan.
    Still throwing your dung I see. You are such a primitive dolt.
  12. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    26 Mar '12 03:01
    Because the powers that be are spreading propaganda that convinces people like you that gold is a bubble waiting to pop.
    What kind of empircal evidence would it take to convince you that you were wrong?
  13. 26 Mar '12 12:43
    Still throwing your dung I see. You are such a primitive dolt.
    Yeah, go ahead and call me names. It is is all the klan has left. They dupe the stupid (if the shoe fits) and spew hatred. You should be ashamed to be associated with them but I'll be charitable and just conclude that you don't know any better. I did tell you how to recognize their trash. Can't you see that the people you support are preaching the straight klan philosophy? Civil rights are not determined by location! (No matter how much the klan would love that.) Wake up Rusty!
  14. 26 Mar '12 13:06
    Yeah, go ahead and call me names. It is is all the klan has left. They dupe the stupid (if the shoe fits) and spew hatred. You should be ashamed to be associated with them but I'll be charitable and just conclude that you don't know any better. I did tell you how to recognize their trash. Can't you see that the people you support are preaching the strai ...[text shortened]... are not determined by location! (No matter how much the klan would love that.) Wake up Rusty!
    Your obsession with the klan would be funny if you were not so serious about it. It is sad that you actually believe your own rhetoric.
  15. 26 Mar '12 15:28

I'll bet you an ounce of gold the bubble will burst within the next 5 years.