After debating on these forums for a while now, I think I have deciphered the progressive handbook.
1. All economic problems are the result of capitalism and corporate America. Ignore politics and governments role in the matter except when blaming "W" or the Tea Party. Do this despite knowing governmnet has their hands in virtually every aspect of our lives.
2. All environmental catastrophies are the result of global warming whether they be hurricanes, volcanos, earthquakes, tornados, snow blizzards or a bad sun burn.
3. All international problems can be traced back to Zionism. All wars can be traced back to religion.
4. Protest wars abroad and demand impeachment for politicians who fight them unless they have a "D" by their name.
5. Stimulus packages work, they just are never big enough to do the job the way we would like.
6. FDR's New Deal worked. (cough). It is the template for all future economic problems even though it happened nearly 100 years ago. In fact, all his programs worked because he was a visionary and intellectual since all progressives are visionary intellectuals who strive to improve society.
7. If they bring up the fact that FDR was opposed to collective bargining and that the very thought of it was repugnant to him, ignore them.
8. If they bring up the fact that FDR imprisoned Japanese Americans vie Exectutive Order, continue to ignore them, only, start to walk away.
9. If they bring up the fact that FDR would probably raise the retirement age to the median age people die, which was 65 in the 1930's but now around age 80, run!!
10. Avoid being labelled a communist, socialist, or liberal as they have become toxic terms. Only use the term progressive. Be advised, however, we may need to find a new term in the very near future. In addition, avoid the newer term "stimulus". Instead, use the terms "investments" and/or "quantitative easing".
11. Avoid all conversations regarding government fiscal responsibility. Immediatly divert the conversation to gay sex.
12. Anyone who threatens or opposes your worldviews portray them as either intellectually challenged, racists, bigoted, and/or intellectually dishonest and decietful. Preferably they will be all of those things.
13. Reagan was one of the most liberal presidents of our time due to his spending. However, we hate him. We much prefer the much more conservative Barak Obama, even though we know conservatives to be evil and dim witted.....which Barak Obama cannot be.
14. Avoid any comparison to "W"......and I do mean ANY comparison. He is beyond toxic.
15. Problem "X" can be fixed by government regulation. Problem "Y" happened because of lack of government regulation.