Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 14:48
    We do not kick presidents out of office. If Nixon wanted to remain in office he could have stayed.

If the puppet masters want a President gone they have him assassinated.
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 15:06
    @eladar said
    We do not kick presidents out of office. If Nixon wanted to remain in office he could have stayed.

If the puppet masters want a President gone they have him assassinated.
    Nixon resigned after he was told by Republican Congressional leaders that there was enough support in the Congress to impeach him in the House and convict him in the Senate.

And that's what would have happened if he didn't resign.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 16:42
    @livineasy4 said
    It is commonly accepted that he was just off-the-cuff on his remark to Putin at a rally. Why keep bringing it up that way. It was his way of highlighting the horrible things that Hillary, has done. He was speaking to United States citizens, who almost had Hillary as a president. Now there is a criminal for you. He wasn’t asking Putin to do anything.

But you know that. Why harp incorrectly about it. The drill is obvious.
    You understand NOTHING about the top powers in the world. When you or I say BS somewhere that's the furthest it goes. When a leader, prime minister, dictator, president, whatever, says something, there is a cadre of folks who analyse every word for policy clues. You probably didn't know that kind of thing goes on. So then what happens is those analyst folks talk to their upper levels and the word gets to the top, Kim Jon Un, Putin, Hussain, whoever, and THOSE folks make decisions based on that analysis.
    It was no coincidence Trump says, Russia, if you are listening....
    OF COURSE THEY ARE LISTENING. What did you THINK would be going on in an adversarial country? These are not just country bumpkins making noises, the words they say may be taken as jokes to the likes of you but I can assure you those folks in those other counties don't take ANYTHING said as a joke.
    The result was within 6 hours the cyber attack was on. That was NOT a coincidence. That was CAUSE AND EFFECT.
    The problem with what Trump said yesterday 'I don't call the FBI, ever, that's not how it works' and 'If a country, Norway, says they have dirt on a political opponent, I'll read it, maybe I go the FBI, maybe I don't'
    THAT tells opponents 'we have an in, all we have to do his feed him crap and he will be in our pockets'

THAT is how it REALLY works.
  4. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 17:09
    @sonhouse said
    You understand NOTHING about the top powers in the world. When you or I say BS somewhere that's the furthest it goes. When a leader, prime minister, dictator, president, whatever, says something, there is a cadre of folks who analyse every word for policy clues. You probably didn't know that kind of thing goes on. So then what happens is those analyst folks talk to their up ...[text shortened]... all we have to do his feed him crap and he will be in our pockets'

THAT is how it REALLY works.
    So, I think you are saying Trump has no method in his madness. That he doesn’t have purpose in his remarks. You will agree, he keeps folks off balance? Trust me, he knows what and why he says things. ‘Of Course’ he knew they were listening. And remember he does one hell of a job connecting to his throngs. Maybe Biden should try the same thing. He ain’t got much throng.

Anyway, Trump May be just a bit complicated for our consumption. End Result: The Russians did not do what he laughingly suggested, and no one was helped or harmed by the innocent comment. Time to Move On.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 17:11
    @no1marauder said
    Nixon resigned after he was told by Republican Congressional leaders that there was enough support in the Congress to impeach him in the House and convict him in the Senate.

And that's what would have happened if he didn't resign.
    Well if Nixon had played it like Obama he would not have resigned. No President will resign again, just use your power as President to keep the others in check.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 17:19
    @eladar said
    Well if Nixon had played it like Obama he would not have resigned. No President will resign again, just use your power as President to keep the others in check.
    I'm detecting some paranoia in your last few posts.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 17:22
    @averagejoe1 said
    And remember he does one hell of a job connecting to his throngs.
    A self-obsessed jackass braying to the herd.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 17:33
    @averagejoe1 said
    So, I think you are saying Trump has no method in his madness. That he doesn’t have purpose in his remarks. You will agree, he keeps folks off balance? Trust me, he knows what and why he says things. ‘Of Course’ he knew they were listening. And remember he does one hell of a job connecting to his throngs. Maybe Biden should try the same thing. He ain’t got much throng. ...[text shortened]... t he laughingly suggested, and no one was helped or harmed by the innocent comment. Time to Move On.
    Actually they did do what he "laughingly" suggested:

On July 27 2016, Unit 26165 targeted email accounts connected to candidate Clinton's personal office . Earlier that day, candidate Trump made public statements that included the following: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press." 183 The "30,000 emails" were apparently a reference to emails described in media accounts as having been stored on a personal server that candidate Clinton had used while serving as Secretary of State.

Within approximately five hours of Trump's statement, GRU officers targeted for the first time Clinton's personal office. After candidate Trump's remarks, Unit 26165 created and sent
    malicious links targeting 15 email accounts at the domain including an email account belonging to Clinton aide The investigation did not find evidence of earlier GRU attempts to compromise accounts hosted on this domain. It is unclear how the GRU was able to identify these email accounts, which were not public.

Mueller Report, Volume I, p. 49
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 20:38
    @no1marauder
    Fake news, pure coincidence, right?
  10. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 01:10
    @handyandy said
    A self-obsessed jackass braying to the herd.
    But jackasses don’t accomplish stuff. Can you maybe say Sly Fox instead, or a beaver that can build a wall?
  11. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 01:21
    @no1marauder said
    Actually they did do what he "laughingly" suggested:

On July 27 2016, Unit 26165 targeted email accounts connected to candidate Clinton's personal office . Earlier that day, candidate Trump made public statements that included the following: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be ...[text shortened]... as able to identify these email accounts, which were not public.

Mueller Report, Volume I, p. 49
    A lib would naturally conclude this, and you may be right. Say a businessman A knows that businessman B is a crook. He laughingly tells another competitor Busimessman X that he ‘might find some interesting correspondence’ in B’s computer”, Businesman X might just do a little sniffing around. Isn’t that biz practice, esp if B is a crook? Who cares?

IT IS NO DIFF THAN THE DEMS SPYING FOR MONTHS ON TRUMP’S CAMPAIGN. Funny, y’all have never admonished them for that.

Now, where were we".........
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 01:32
    @averagejoe1 said
    A lib would naturally conclude this, and you may be right. Say a businessman A knows that businessman B is a crook. He laughingly tells another competitor Busimessman X that he ‘might find some interesting correspondence’ in B’s computer”, Businesman X might just do a little sniffing around. Isn’t that biz practice, esp if B is a crook? Who cares?

IT IS NO ...[text shortened]... UMP’S CAMPAIGN. Funny, y’all have never admonished them for that.

Now, where were we".........
    So at first you deny he did it, now "so what everybody does it and who cares". Could you provide a specific example where a Presidential candidate requested election help from another country's spy network? Thanks in advance.

Perhaps if the Trump campaign hadn't been so brazen in its attempt to get help from Russia it wouldn't have been investigated by the FBI and other agencies.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 02:20
    @sonhouse said
    So it is ok for Trump to be seen on tv kissing Putin's ass, in love with the worse dictator on the planet, dissing our real allies just like he was in somebodies pocket.
    You are not even claiming now you hold an open mind about Trump. You are firmly in his camp where he can do no wrong. How much crap from Trump does it take for you to see the corruption everyone else outsi ...[text shortened]... lionaire and could care less about the disabled.
    THAT is the kind of person your buddy Trump hires.
    Trump imposed sanctions on Russia. He is not kissing Putin's ass at all. You have a wild imagination fed to you by leftist propaganda.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/europe/russia-sanctions-explainer/index.html

Russia hates Trump. You have been duped by propaganda. Kissinger would never advise a president that kisses up to Russia. Stupid assertion!
  14. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 11:35
    @no1marauder said
    So at first you deny he did it, now "so what everybody does it and who cares". Could you provide a specific example where a Presidential candidate requested election help from another country's spy network? Thanks in advance.

Perhaps if the Trump campaign hadn't been so brazen in its attempt to get help from Russia it wouldn't have been investigated by the FBI and other agencies.
    But he didn’t ‘request’ such from another country. This was not literal. Laughingly. I would think that it would be acceptable considering the subject is a crook. No time for examples, this is and was no big deal. Now Hillary? THERE was a big deal.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Jun '19 12:30
    @averagejoe1 said
    But he didn’t ‘request’ such from another country. This was not literal. Laughingly. I would think that it would be acceptable considering the subject is a crook. No time for examples, this is and was no big deal. Now Hillary? THERE was a big deal.
    No, requesting a foreign country's spies to break into an American's private server and steal information to help you get elected isn't acceptable even if you think they are a "crook" (naturally the irony of Donald Trump claiming someone else is a "crook" is beyond possible parody).