Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 29 Mar '16 16:15 / 1 edit
    http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/hans-von-spakovsky/attorney-general-lynch-looks-prosecuting-climate-change-deniers

    Should the US government legally attack climate change deniers?

    In news that should shock and anger Americans, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday that not only has she discussed internally the possibility of pursuing civil actions against so-called “climate change deniers,” but she has “referred it to the FBI to consider whether or not it meets the criteria for which we could take action.”
  2. 29 Mar '16 16:17
    Just think, 8 more years of O'Hillary and maybe people like me will be locked away for good.
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    29 Mar '16 16:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/hans-von-spakovsky/attorney-general-lynch-looks-prosecuting-climate-change-deniers

    Should the US government legally attack climate change deniers?

    In news that should shock and anger Americans, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday that not only has she discussed internally ...[text shortened]... it to the FBI to consider whether or not it meets the criteria for which we could take action.”
    Whodey Whodey Whodey...Please restrain your leaps of paranoia. Referring an idea to the FBI to consider, is NOT the same thing as passing a law. Relax all you climate change deniers, you'll be safe from the evils of those horrible Obama followers who want to rescue you from your ignorance. You'll be safe in your little cocoon of ignorance, as the glaciers continue to melt away at a record pace, and the temperature continues to rise. So place your little thumbs back in your mouths and continue to suckle. All is well....
  4. 29 Mar '16 16:47
    Originally posted by bill718
    Whodey Whodey Whodey...Please restrain your leaps of paranoia. Referring an idea to the FBI to consider, is NOT the same thing as passing a law. Relax all you climate change deniers, you'll be safe from the evils of those horrible Obama followers who want to rescue you from your ignorance. You'll be safe in your little cocoon of ignorance, as the glaciers co ...[text shortened]... ise. So place your little thumbs back in your mouths and continue to suckle. All is well....
    Billy boy, most of the most onerous laws started out as feelers, exploring public reaction. The first income tax was only about 1%, and almost nobody paid even that.
  5. 29 Mar '16 16:47
    Originally posted by bill718
    Whodey Whodey Whodey...Please restrain your leaps of paranoia. Referring an idea to the FBI to consider, is NOT the same thing as passing a law. Relax all you climate change deniers, you'll be safe from the evils of those horrible Obama followers who want to rescue you from your ignorance. You'll be safe in your little cocoon of ignorance, as the glaciers co ...[text shortened]... ise. So place your little thumbs back in your mouths and continue to suckle. All is well....
    I prefer thumb sucking to sucking at a public teat.
  6. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    29 Mar '16 16:51
    Originally posted by bill718
    You'll be safe in your little cocoon of ignorance, as the glaciers continue to melt away at a record pace, and the temperature continues to rise.
    Bill, do you have some accurate numbers for this temp rise you mention here?
  7. 29 Mar '16 17:10
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Bill, do you have some accurate numbers for this temp rise you mention here?
    So do you want the top bunk or bottom bunk?

    I prefer the top, you can have the bottom.
  8. 30 Mar '16 11:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/hans-von-spakovsky/attorney-general-lynch-looks-prosecuting-climate-change-deniers

    Should the US government legally attack climate change deniers?

    In news that should shock and anger Americans, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch told the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday that not only has she discussed internally ...[text shortened]... it to the FBI to consider whether or not it meets the criteria for which we could take action.”
    didn't we have this conversation before?

    let me ask you this. if someone testifies before a judge that asbestos isn't harmful in any way, and he is withholding evidence that proves the contrary, shouldn't he be prosecuted?


    yes, it probably would be difficult to prove that climate change deniers are knowingly spreading lies. We can't prosecute idiots just for ignoring the facts, otherwise no expert will ever be eager to testify.

    Climate change is real. It is man-made and it is dangerous to us and there is 0 data right now to suggest otherwise. Those that deny this are idiots or liars. The idiots should be left alone. The liars, if proven to be liars, should be prosecuted.
  9. 30 Mar '16 11:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Bill, do you have some accurate numbers for this temp rise you mention here?
    yes. everyone does. they are readily available on the internet
  10. 30 Mar '16 12:34
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    didn't we have this conversation before?

    let me ask you this. if someone testifies before a judge that asbestos isn't harmful in any way, and he is withholding evidence that proves the contrary, shouldn't he be prosecuted?


    yes, it probably would be difficult to prove that climate change deniers are knowingly spreading lies. We can't prosecute idiots ...[text shortened]... liars. The idiots should be left alone. The liars, if proven to be liars, should be prosecuted.
    So knowingly spreading lies is a criminal offense?

    Does that mean when Obama promised and lied that insurance premiums would not go up and we could keep the same doctor and medical health insurance that he should be thrown in jail?

    No, of course not. You probably want him to win another transparency award or Nobel Peace price.
  11. 30 Mar '16 12:36
    In order to start jailing political opponents, all you have to do is win in November to pack SCOTUS full of your fascist stooges. Then the sky is the limit. Not only will the IRS continue to hunt conservatives at will, they can then also be thrown into prison.
  12. 30 Mar '16 12:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    So knowingly spreading lies is a criminal offense?

    Does that mean when Obama promised and lied that insurance premiums would not go up and we could keep the same doctor and medical health insurance that he should be thrown in jail?

    No, of course not. You probably want him to win another transparency award or Nobel Peace price.
    "So knowingly spreading lies is a criminal offense?"
    if you profit from them, yes. if you cause harm to someone, yes.

    "Does that mean when Obama promised and lied that insurance premiums would not go up and we could keep the same doctor and medical health insurance that he should be thrown in jail?"
    did those insurance premiums rise because of obamacare directly? or did the insurance companies raised them? did obama knowingly lied to the public? was he the only one responsible? then yes, he should go to jail.
  13. 30 Mar '16 14:13
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    didn't we have this conversation before?

    let me ask you this. if someone testifies before a judge that asbestos isn't harmful in any way, and he is withholding evidence that proves the contrary, shouldn't he be prosecuted?


    yes, it probably would be difficult to prove that climate change deniers are knowingly spreading lies. We can't prosecute idiots ...[text shortened]... liars. The idiots should be left alone. The liars, if proven to be liars, should be prosecuted.
    All of your claims are debatable.

    By the way, Asbestos was once considered a miracle material, and is still useful, with proper precautions.

    Climate has always changed.

    Planetary temps have been much higher, without man in the equation.

    "Climate change is real. It is man-made and it is dangerous to us and there is 0 data right now to suggest otherwise. Those that deny this are idiots or liars."

    You are obviously a misinformed idiot. Man-made climate change is political bugaboo. You sell out science and your own ability to think by accepting this dogma without questioning, because it helps promote other self serving goals.
  14. 30 Mar '16 16:04 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "So knowingly spreading lies is a criminal offense?"
    if you profit from them, yes. if you cause harm to someone, yes.

    "Does that mean when Obama promised and lied that insurance premiums would not go up and we could keep the same doctor and medical health insurance that he should be thrown in jail?"
    did those insurance premiums rise because of obamacar ...[text shortened]... a knowingly lied to the public? was he the only one responsible? then yes, he should go to jail.
    Of course he lied. For proof, all I have to do is provide audio of one of Obama's goons, Robert Reich. Long before Obama was even elected, this was Robert admitting what politicians would say about reforming health care assuming they could be honest and did not have to worry about getting elected.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7Y0TOBuG4

    But alas, Obama had to worry about obtaining votes from people who would have to pay more and for less, so he lied to them

    And no, no one will be going to jail for this. Nixon proved that none of these liars ever actually go to jail.
  15. 30 Mar '16 16:08
    Originally posted by normbenign
    All of your claims are debatable.

    By the way, Asbestos was once considered a miracle material, and is still useful, with proper precautions.

    Climate has always changed.

    Planetary temps have been much higher, without man in the equation.

    "Climate change is real. It is man-made and it is dangerous to us and there is 0 data right now to suggest ...[text shortened]... by accepting this dogma without questioning, because it helps promote other self serving goals.
    I get called a liar 24/7 on these boards. I then assume by those judging me here at RHP, I also deserve jail time. All they have to do is obtain power and they will become the source of all "truthiness" in the universe. Everyone else will be jailed.