Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    28 Oct '09 14:15 / 1 edit
    It is hard not to rejoice at the anger of John Doe, finally realizing that the system
    has failed to him while the true thieves pay huge bonuses to themselves and
    toast with champagne.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/oct/27/us-bankers-annual-convention


    Protesters picketed the Chicago offices of Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo, then
    gathered outside the ABA's convention venue waving placards including cardboard
    images of JP Morgan's chief executive, Jamie Dimon, and Bank of America's boss,
    Ken Lewis.

    "The banks have basically gone wild. They did a lot to loosen the regulations
    keeping commercial banks separate from investment banks. While they make
    billions, I lose," said Kenn Bowen, who recently lost his job as a telecoms
    technician in Iowa. "When they get into trouble, they ask for taxpayer bailouts
    which the government is more than willing to give."


    And the funniest thing is that the Bankers' meeting started with a speech where,
    guess, Reagan was quoted, lulz! May the pig fry in hell!
  2. 28 Oct '09 14:30
    Originally posted by Seitse
    It is hard not to rejoice at the anger of John Doe, finally realizing that the system
    has failed to him while the true thieves pay huge bonuses to themselves and
    toast with champagne.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/oct/27/us-bankers-annual-convention

    [i]
    Protesters picketed the Chicago offices of Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo, then
    gathere ...[text shortened]... g started with a speech where,
    guess, Reagan was quoted, lulz! May the pig fry in hell!
    Yeah, I've just been reading about this as well. I find it incredible how some people can go crazy at the idea of their tax dollar supporting public health care for the less well off, but giving their tax dollar to hugely wealthy individuals who are just ripping them off, well, that's ok. Why isn't there rioting in the streets about this?
  3. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    28 Oct '09 14:40
    Originally posted by The Snapper
    some people can go crazy at the idea of their tax dollar supporting public health care for the less well off, but giving their tax dollar to hugely wealthy individuals who are just ripping them off, well, that's ok. Why isn't there rioting in the streets about this?
    Because they are too busy warning us about death camps for Granny and how "talk radio" is going to be closed down by communists.
  4. 28 Oct '09 14:44
    Originally posted by Seitse
    It is hard not to rejoice at the anger of John Doe, finally realizing that the system
    has failed to him while the true thieves pay huge bonuses to themselves and
    toast with champagne.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/oct/27/us-bankers-annual-convention

    [i]
    Protesters picketed the Chicago offices of Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo, then
    gathere ...[text shortened]... g started with a speech where,
    guess, Reagan was quoted, lulz! May the pig fry in hell!
    I'm just glad both Bush and Obama chose to bail these guys out.
  5. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    28 Oct '09 14:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because they are too busy warning us about death camps for Granny and how "talk radio" is going to be closed down by communists.
    Yeah, and about how "socialist" the scary black guy is, lulz
  6. 28 Oct '09 14:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because they are too busy warning us about death camps for Granny and how "talk radio" is going to be closed down by communists.
    Its just they don't ignore it. What I am concerned with is the big picture. You have big government and big business in collusion with each other as they squash small business and the average Joe regarding his individual rights. The elitists now rule as they make slaves out of the rest of the populace.
  7. 28 Oct '09 15:46
    Originally posted by The Snapper
    Yeah, I've just been reading about this as well. I find it incredible how some people can go crazy at the idea of their tax dollar supporting public health care for the less well off, but giving their tax dollar to hugely wealthy individuals who are just ripping them off, well, that's ok. Why isn't there rioting in the streets about this?
    what's the incentive for agitprop when the democrats are in on the deal?
  8. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    28 Oct '09 16:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    what's the incentive for agitprop when the democrats are in on the deal?
    Its taken about 2 to 3 years of debating to finally get to a point where I can now safely welcome you and whodey on board as token aussies. g'day mates!!
  9. 28 Oct '09 16:13
    g'day! ... howzit goin? ...
  10. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    28 Oct '09 16:27
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    ... howzit goin? ...
    now just one rule...none of that sahffefriken stuff. its airgun mate! no not an oblique reference to Zionist terrorism, but a shortening of 'how you going mate." (said with barest lip movement- the only defence against swallowing flies!)
  11. 29 Oct '09 03:08
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Its taken about 2 to 3 years of debating to finally get to a point where I can now safely welcome you and whodey on board as token aussies. g'day mates!!
    Ferdinkom!!
  12. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    29 Oct '09 08:25
    It's an ironic twist of the English language that banker rhymes with a man who masturbates.