Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '15 23:154 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Comparing a double murder to getting teeth knocked out. Typical.
    Comparing something that happens a thousand times a day all across America to a freak occurrence in Sweden that people want to make a big deal over like it happens every day.
    Want to start comparing videos of the black on white violence versus the handful of videos where it's the other way around?
    If you can even find any.
    Here look at this, is this more to your taste?

YouTube

Bet you missed this one too:

YouTube

There's thousands more if you are interested.Now find some of the opposite occurring lately.
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 00:41
    Originally posted by FishHead111 to AThousandYoung
    Comparing something that happens a thousand times a day all across America to a freak occurrence in Sweden that people want to make a big deal over like it happens every day.
    Want to start comparing videos of the black on white violence versus the handful of videos where it's the other way around?
    If you can even find any.
    Here loo ...[text shortened]...

There's thousands more if you are interested.Now find some of the opposite occurring lately.
    "...a freak occurrence in Sweden that people want to make a big deal over..."
    --FishHead111

So would FishHead111 like to claim that *if* white people had been murdered by a
    black man (preferably a Muslim immigrant), then he would have written something like:
    "This is no big deal. It's just an isolated incident. Blacks or Muslims should not be blamed for it." ?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 01:041 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "...a freak occurrence in Sweden that people want to make a big deal over..."
    --FishHead111

So would FishHead111 like to claim that *if* white people had been murdered by a
    black man (preferably a Muslim immigrant), then he would have written something like:
    "This is no big deal. It's just an isolated incident. Blacks or Muslims should not be blamed for it." ?
    I'm claiming that the amount of black on white crimes of violence in America are horrendous compared to the infinitesimal amount of white on black crimes and I'm prepared to back that up .
    Are you prepared to dispute it?

YouTube
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 02:472 edits
    Originally posted by quackquack
    SInce you are the most hateful person who regularly posts on this site, feel free to tell us if you agree with their assumptions. I personally will take the radical stance that double murder should be illegal everywhere and the motive is completely irrelevant.
    I am taken back by the naturally abusive nature of the Duchess. When I read this article, it reminded me of her.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/the-number-of-male-domestic-1284479771263030.html

When you think of a victim of domestic abuse, who comes to mind?

If you’re being honest, it’s probably a woman. After all, domestic violence against men isn’t a theme of many Hollywood movies.

Yet in 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released data from its National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey — and one of the most shocking statistics wasn’t just the sheer total of victims of physical violence but also how those numbers broke down by gender.

According to the CDC’s statistics — estimates based on more than 18,000 telephone-survey responses in the United States — roughly 5,365,000 men had been victims of intimate partner physical violence in the previous 12 months, compared with 4,741,000 women. By the study’s definition, physical violence includes slapping, pushing, and shoving.

More severe threats like being beaten, burned, choked, kicked, slammed
    with a heavy object, or hit with a fist were also tracked. Roughly 40 percent of the victims of severe physical violence were men. The CDC repeated the survey in 2011, the results of which were published in 2014, and found almost identical numbers — with the percentage of male severe physical violence victims slightly rising.

“Reports are also showing a decline of the number of women and an increase in the number of men reporting” abuse, says counselor and psychologist Karla Ivankovich, PhD, an adjunct professor of psychology at the University of Illinois, Springfield.

Ivankovich says there isn’t much buzz about these numbers or their implications, because we don’t know how to handle intimate partner violence against men. “Society supports that men should not hit women, by virtue — but the same is not true for the reverse,” she explains. “The fact is, it’s simply not acceptable to hit anyone.”

Yet, woman-on-man violence is often turned into onscreen amusement, like on a slew of reality shows — or the punch line of a larger, depressing narrative, says Anne P. Mitchell, a retired professor of family law at Lincoln Law School of San Jose (Calif.) and one of the first fathers’-rights lawyers in the country.

She points to the case of John and Lorena Bobbitt, which made national news more than 20 years ago when Lorena cut off her husband’s penis. The aftermath turned into a circus, and details would go on to reveal a volatile marriage, but Mitchell says the initial response of many radio and talk shows was just to laugh at the incident. “If something remotely similar had happened to a woman, there would have been a very different response,” Mitchell tells Yahoo Health.

Mitchell, who has legally represented numerous male victims of domestic violence, says abuse is typically difficult for men to process, let alone seek help for. “Men are brought up to believe it’s not OK to hit a woman or even hit back in self-defense,” she explains. “It is their job to protect her. Add in that you’d be a laughingstock if you said your woman hit you. So in the situation of the battered husband, they don’t know how to feel. They know it’s shameful. They do not want her to get in trouble. So they do not say anything.”

What abuse of men looks like

Physical violence carried out against men is often similar to physical violence against women, Ivankovich says, though it can differ. “Abusive women have been known to abuse in ways similar to men, including punching, kicking, biting, [and] spitting,” she says. “In some instances, to make up for the differences in physical strength, women might use weapons including bats, guns, or knives.”
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 03:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    I am taken back by the naturally abusive nature of the Duchess. When I read this article, it reminded me of her.

If you’re being honest, it’s probably a woman. After all, domestic violence against men isn’t ...[text shortened]... the differences in physical strength, women might use weapons including bats, guns, or knives.”
    Whodey's a pathological liar, and my conclusion is shared by many diverse writers here.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 11:02
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Comparing a double murder to getting teeth knocked out. Typical.
    OK how about these murders:

http://www.newnation.org/NNN-Black-on-White.html
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 13:023 edits
    Another vicious school beat down of a white girl by a wild black male .
    Never hit the news.
    YouTube

I got hundreds of examples folks.
    Anyone got the reverse?
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 14:55
    Originally posted by whodey

If you’re being honest, it’s probably a woman. After all, domestic violence against men isn’t ...[text shortened]... the differences in physical strength, women might use weapons including bats, guns, or knives.”
    Not only that, but instinctually, I believe that men are less likely to report domestic violence.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 15:01
    Whodey's a pathological liar, and my conclusion is shared by many diverse writers here.
    And you are a blithering idiot. He cited an article, and statistics from the CDC, not an opinion or anecdote. If anyone were a liar, it would be the CDC, or the writer of the article. On the other hand, you are recognized as a prevaricator supreme, in other words, a pathological liar. Everyone knows that, even your supportive writers.
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 19:062 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    And you are a blithering idiot. He cited an article, and statistics from the CDC, not an opinion or anecdote. If anyone were a liar, it would be the CDC, or the writer of the article. On the other hand, you are recognized as a prevaricator supreme, in other words, a pathological liar. Everyone knows that, even your supportive writers.
    My reference to Whodey being a pathological liar was about his baseless personal attack against me.
    In the interest of clarity, I made no comment about anything that Whodey posted afterward.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 21:191 edit
    My reference to Whodey being a pathological liar was about his baseless personal attack against me.
    In the interest of clarity, I made no comment about anything that Whodey posted afterward.
    Why would you answer a post and its citation, using just a pure personal attack? He made no personal attack on you, but used a citation to refute your absurd OP.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 22:021 edit
    Why would you answer a post and its citation, using just a pure personal attack?
    He made no personal attack on you, but used a citation to refute your absurd OP.
    "He (Whodey) made no personal attack on you."
    --Normbenign

As usual, Normbenign's extremely dishonest\ about Whodey's first sentence in his post.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 22:361 edit
    "He (Whodey) made no personal attack on you."
    --Normbenign

As usual, Normbenign's extremely dishonest\ about Whodey's first sentence in his post.
    So as I said, you answered a single sentence and ignored the meat of the post which utterly refuted your OP.

Please, every post you make starts with a personal attack. Was reading that whole article beyond your reading capacity? I guess so, moron.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 22:421 edit
    So as I said, you answered a single sentence and ignored the meat of the post which utterly refuted your OP.
    Please, ever post you make starts with a personal attack. Was reading that whole article beyond your reading capacity? I guess so, moron.
    I have the right to choose to respond to whatever part of a post that I care to do.
    Whodey's baseless personal attack against me was the only part that I noticed.
    As a general rule, I read little of Whodey's ample usual nonsense.

I note that this thread was about 'Racist Violence in Sweden', but some white American men
    like to act as though that must mean 'black against white violent crimes in the USA'.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    27 Oct '15 22:47
    I have the right to choose to respond to whatever part of a post that I care to do.
    Whodey's baseless personal attack against me was the only part that I noticed.
    As a general rule, I read little of Whodey's ample usual nonsense.

I note that this thread was about 'Racist Violence in Sweden', but some white American men
    like to act as though that must mean 'black against white violent crimes in the USA'.
    So you end up admitting that you responded to a personal attack with the same? Why don't we just dispense with the arguments, and just dish out the name calling? Putz!