Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    07 Jun '16 13:37 / 1 edit
    I'm not sure exactly how long ago it was I had a thread called Getting ready to say President Trump. Back then the accepted wisdom of site stalwarts such as no1 and sh76 was I shouldn't worry about it, it was never going to happen.

Well it seems an awful lot of Americans are ready to be Trumped. The speaker in endorsing him sort of sums up the shift in mood. Uncertainty about the Supreme Court and anyone but Hillary now has the GOP going through a strenuous phase of turd polishing.

Is President Trump now almost a formality?
  2. 07 Jun '16 13:39
    Originally posted by kmax87
    I'm not sure exactly how long ago it was I had a thread called Getting ready to say President Trump. Back then the accepted wisdom of site stalwarts such as no1 and sh76 was I shouldn't worry about it, it was never going to happy.

Well it seems an awful lot of Americans are ready to be Trumped. The speaker in endorsing him sort of sums up the shift in mood ...[text shortened]... oing through a strenuous phase of turd polishing.

Once you win the nomination, all the lemmings get on board.
  3. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    07 Jun '16 17:08
    Yeah!!!! For President Trump!
  4. 07 Jun '16 17:43
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yeah!!!! For President Trump!
    Lemming #1
  5. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    07 Jun '16 17:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    Lemming #1
    Nah. Shav's just in it for the lulz ... wants to watch the train wreck.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Jun '16 17:56
    I'm not sure exactly how long ago it was I had a thread called Getting ready to say President Trump. Back then the accepted wisdom of site stalwarts such as no1 and sh76 was I shouldn't worry about it, it was never going to happen.

Well it seems an awful lot of Americans are ready to be Trumped. The speaker in endorsing him sort of sums up the shift in moo ...[text shortened]... oing through a strenuous phase of turd polishing.

At the risk of appearing intransigent to the point of obtuseness I still say not to worry about it and that it's probably not going to happen.
  7. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    07 Jun '16 19:01

Well it seems an awful lot of Americans are ready to be Trumped. The speaker in endorsing him sort of sums up the shift in moo ...[text shortened]... oing through a strenuous phase of turd polishing.

Too soon to tell at this point. I'd take a hard look at the polls in mid October. A lot of things can happen between now and then.
  8. 07 Jun '16 19:08
    The world had better beware ,President Trump and Prime Minister Boris Johnson .
    Reminds me a bit like superman and batman keeping world order .
  9. 07 Jun '16 19:20
    I still don't think it will happen, but if there's anyone who can lose to Trump it's Clinton.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    07 Jun '16 20:42

My opinion is the same as it was on February 24th:

Trump's favorability ratings are considerably less than 50 percent among the electorate as a whole. I still find it difficult to believe he'll win the general election.
  11. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    08 Jun '16 06:27
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Nah. Shav's just in it for the lulz ... wants to watch the train wreck.
    Absolutely correct.

And a beautiful train wreck it's gonna be!
  12. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    08 Jun '16 06:28
    Originally posted by no1marauder

Trump's favorability ratings are considerably less than 50 percent among the electorate as a whole. I still find it difficult to believe he'll win the general election.
    What's Clinton's popularity?
    Not much better, I would presume.

And she's definately gonna start a war with Iran (the mind boggles).
    Trump... well, I presume he's gonna nuke China, rape Iran and sodomize Mexico.

I just can't wait!!!!
  13. 08 Jun '16 11:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    What's Clinton's popularity?
    Not much better, I would presume.

And she's definately gonna start a war with Iran (the mind boggles).
    Trump... well, I presume he's gonna nuke China, rape Iran and sodomize Mexico.

I just can't wait!!!!
    I would have to agree with marauder on this one, Hillary is a lock.

I personally think Trump is purposefully destroying the GOP and wishes to lose to Hillary.

God only knows what under the table deal this involved.

The establishment is in full control of the country and the world. The election of Hillary will be a testament to this.

The ironic part is I can't think of a more weak and corrupt candidate than Hillary in US history.
  14. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    11 Jun '16 16:14
    Originally posted by sh76
    At the risk of appearing intransigent to the point of obtuseness I still say not to worry about it and that it's probably not going to happen.
    One of the few if only voices making a clear unequivocal pick of Trump as presumptive candidate was Ann Coulter. Much as I dislike what she says or represents (though I acknowledge her angle may simply be a carefully crafted persona) there's a lot of what she's saying, a lot of her analysis of a white rage, a white backlash that has made Trump GOP frontrunner, that has legs that even though Ann is not that certain about him in the general, I think this will go very close.
  15. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    11 Jun '16 16:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder

None of the polls or serious pundits predicted Trump would make it this far, why have any faith in them now?