Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    146073
    15 Nov '16 05:56
    Seriously, no matter what your politics, you will enjoy the video.

    https://www.facebook.com/wmarsala/videos/10209530249785688/
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23118
    15 Nov '16 16:02
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Seriously, no matter what your politics, you will enjoy the video.

    https://www.facebook.com/wmarsala/videos/10209530249785688/
    All the protesters in this video are white in the heart of a prosperous urban area, not an inner city. Once the protesters are Native American, Muslim, Hispanic, Latino .... the scene changes and the military grade equipment comes out.
  3. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    15 Nov '16 17:24
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Seriously, no matter what your politics, you will enjoy the video.

    https://www.facebook.com/wmarsala/videos/10209530249785688/
    Yes, this is how it should be done.
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    15 Nov '16 17:25
    I like this better...
    YouTube
  5. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    15 Nov '16 20:081 edit
    Originally posted by Phranny to Kunsoo
    All the protesters in this video are white in the heart of a prosperous urban area, not an inner city.
    Once the protesters are Native American, Muslim, Hispanic, Latino .... the scene changes and the military grade equipment comes out.
    What would have happened to any Japanese-Americans who dared to protest in public in
    1942 against President Roosevelt's Executive Order 9066, forcing them into internment camps?

    As usual, there's complete ignorance and lack of concern at RHP about anti-Asian racism in the USA.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    146073
    15 Nov '16 20:37
    Originally posted by Phranny
    All the protesters in this video are white in the heart of a prosperous urban area, not an inner city. Once the protesters are Native American, Muslim, Hispanic, Latino .... the scene changes and the military grade equipment comes out.
    I believe this is downtown Los Angeles, and there are people of color in the video. I wouldn't make assumptions.
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    146073
    15 Nov '16 20:40
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    What would have happened to any Japanese-Americans who dared to protest in public in
    1942 against President Roosevelt's Executive Order 9066, forcing them into internment camps?

    As usual, there's complete ignorance and lack of concern at RHP about anti-Asian racism in the USA.
    They would have been beaten, imprisoned, and if not citizens, deported. Possibly killed. They would have had very few white allies, as even the communists were backing the war and discouraging dissent. Maybe the Quakers.
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    146073
    15 Nov '16 20:44
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I like this better...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV8HTmUhu48
    I got about a minute into it before the stupidity of it overwhelmed me.
  9. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    15 Nov '16 21:492 edits
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    They would have been beaten, imprisoned, and if not citizens, deported. Possibly killed.
    They would have had very few white allies, as even the communists were backing the war and discouraging dissent.
    Maybe the Quakers.
    "They would have been beaten, imprisoned, and if, not citizens, deported. Possibly killed."
    --Kunsoo

    Whether or not they protested, Japanese-Americans already were going to be imprisoned in camps.
    Most of them were US citizens by birth (racist laws barred Asian immigrants from becoming naturalized US citizens).

    It was impossible to deport American residents to Japan *during* the war between Japan and the USA.
    After the war, the USA forced some Japanese-Americans (including some US citizens, as I recall)
    whom it suspected of disloyalty to go to Japan. In some cases, some of these expellees
    who had been born in the USA might have been allowed to return to the USA later.

    "They would have had very few white allies..."
    --Kunsoo

    Some white Americans were eager to grab the land and property of the Japanese-Americans forced into camps.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    767
    15 Nov '16 23:38
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Seriously, no matter what your politics, you will enjoy the video.

    https://www.facebook.com/wmarsala/videos/10209530249785688/
    Heck yeah!!! See with a little respect, the only thing the cops need to do is run a hot dog stand or something.
Back to Top