Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 31 Jan '18 15:42
    As soon as they get through retrieving the (proverbial) ball that was hit over the fence last night I suspect the damning memo will be released.

    Not a question of if, its how many will be fired or resign.
  2. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    31 Jan '18 15:58
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    As soon as they get through retrieving the (proverbial) ball that was hit over the fence last night I suspect the damning memo will be released.

    Not a question of if, its how many will be fired or resign.
    Have you seen the memo or know anything about its contents?
  3. 31 Jan '18 18:55
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Have you seen the memo or know anything about its contents?
    If he has, he'd better watch his neck for stray bullets. Trump's right-wing secretpol doesn't like drones who speak out of turn.

    But he's bluffing. There are no memos. If there were, the teabaggers wouldn't be crapping their panties at the thought that they might have to #releasethememo.
  4. 31 Jan '18 21:00
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Have you seen the memo or know anything about its contents?
    You must have missed the Gowdy interview...and I did see McCabe tuck tail and run.
  5. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    31 Jan '18 22:03
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    You must have missed the Gowdy interview...and I did see McCabe tuck tail and run.
    Is that a yes or a no?
  6. 31 Jan '18 22:10
    Surely, there's some meaning if people are leaving office.
  7. 31 Jan '18 22:48
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Is that a yes or a no?
    yes, I know something about its contents. Can you not comprehend?
  8. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    31 Jan '18 23:20
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    yes, I know something about its contents. Can you not comprehend?
    I can comprehend. Tell us what you "know" and how you know it.
  9. 31 Jan '18 23:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    I can comprehend. Tell us what you "know" and how you know it.
    You must have missed the Gowdy interview

    Read that over and over till you understand, aight?
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    31 Jan '18 23:50
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    As soon as they get through retrieving the (proverbial) ball that was hit over the fence last night I suspect the damning memo will be released.

    Not a question of if, its how many will be fired or resign.
    I assume you support the release of the Democratic memo showing the omissions and errors of the Nunes' memo at the same time. After all, it's all about the "transparency".
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    01 Feb '18 00:01
    If the Nunes' memo really concentrates on the FISA warrant ordering surveillance on Carter Page and tries to claim it was unjustified, they are going to look like fools when the facts become well known.
  12. 01 Feb '18 00:03
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I assume you support the release of the Democratic memo showing the omissions and errors of the Nunes' memo at the same time. After all, it's all about the "transparency".
    I want ALL the info out there. I would like to know though how the democrats created their memo when NONE of them read the original memo.
  13. 01 Feb '18 00:04
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    If the Nunes' memo really concentrates on the FISA warrant ordering surveillance on Carter Page and tries to claim it was unjustified, they are going to look like fools when the facts become well known.
    McCabe might could give you some insight on that.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    01 Feb '18 00:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I want ALL the info out there. I would like to know though how the democrats created their memo when NONE of them read the original memo.
    Rather unsurprisingly you are wrong; the Nunes memo was circulated to the whole Intelligence Committee a while ago and to the whole House last week.

    EDIT: Actually the week before; this story from January 23rd states:

    Few lawmakers have gotten access to the materials House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes relied on to compile his four-page memo, which the committee circulated among all House members last week but has not made public.

    Do you want info on how the various intelligence agencies gathered the supporting information from the Russians "out there", too? Suppose it compromises how the US gathers intelligence electronically? How about if it reveals the identities of undercover agents or foreign sources?
  15. 01 Feb '18 01:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Rather unsurprisingly you are wrong; the Nunes memo was circulated to the whole Intelligence Committee a while ago and to the whole House last week.

    EDIT: Actually the week before; this story from January 23rd states:

    Few lawmakers have gotten access to the materials House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes relied on to compile his four-p ...[text shortened]... electronically? How about if it reveals the identities of undercover agents or foreign sources?
    You can see in the link below where Adam Schiff (second motion) says the he and Gowdy are the only two that has seen the underlying information...

    http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/20180129/106822/HMTG-115-IG00-Transcript-20180129.pdf