Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:02
    http://news.yahoo.com/terrible-day-9-killed-gunman-oregon-town-063530204.html

It seems the gunman in Oregon was targeting Christians.

Of course, all you will hear from Obama is the need to ban guns.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:07
    http://www.christianity.com/church/church-history/timeline/1901-2000/columbine-killers-targeted-christians-too-11630857.html

Gunman at the Columbine High School that seemed to start these school shootings long ago also targeted Christians.

In fact, the shooter in South Carolina shot up a church.

Is there a problem with religious intolerance in the US?
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://news.yahoo.com/terrible-day-9-killed-gunman-oregon-town-063530204.html

It seems the gunman in Oregon was targeting Christians.

Of course, all you will hear from Obama is the need to ban guns.
    Yes, this is a despicable hate crime, whodey. All the more reason to start seriously considering common sense gun control regulations to try to minimize the chances of such a despicable hate crime recurring.

What would you like to ban instead? Christian-hating, perhaps?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:101 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Yes, this is a despicable hate crime, whodey. All the more reason to start seriously considering common sense gun control regulations to try to minimize the chances of such a despicable hate crime recurring.

What would you like to ban instead? Christian-hating, perhaps?
    What are these common sense gun laws?

Please fill out questionarre:

1. Do you wish to kill people?
    2. Do you hate Christians?
    3. How many voices are telling you not to fill out this form?

Wut do we need to stop the violence? Ban all guns like they do in Chicago where people die from guns everyday that is ignored by Obama?

How do we legislate away evil and usher in utopia..........or is this the wrong approach?
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:181 edit

Wut do we need to stop the violence? Ban all guns like they do in Chicago where people die from guns everyday that is ignored by Obama?
    How about doing a comprehensive objective study of gun control laws in countries like Britain and northern Europe, getting a panel of statistics experts to isolate the key variables, and making a serious attempt to study which gun control regulations are likely to decrease mass shootings while not infringing on the right to self-defense?

Throw $10 million federal dollars into the study. Hire a panel of gun experts, constitutional experts, criminologists and statisticians and have them study the issue for 6 months and write a report with specific recommendations. Then let the states carefully weight the findings and act on them.

How many more of these bloody mass shootings do we need to see until we do something serious about stopping them??

Maybe they panel will come back and say there's nothing we can do - that the shooting have nothing to do with gun availability, but something in our culture is the culprit. I don't know. But let's TRY something.

You're pro-life, right? I get that and respect it. So isn't it worth it to study the issue and try to protect people from being needlessly gunned down? What are we afraid of? Admitting that maybe some other countries have some good ideas on this issue that we can borrow?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:234 edits
    How about doing a comprehensive objective study of gun control laws in countries like Britain and northern Europe, getting a panel of statistics experts to isolate the key variables, and making a serious attempt to study which gun control regulations are likely to decrease mass shootings while not infringing on the right to self-defense?

Throw $10 million fe ...[text shortened]... Admitting that maybe some other countries have some good ideas on this issue that we can borrow?
    Why do you think this is not being done? Is it the GOP's fault?

In Switzerland all citizens have access to military type weapons, but they don't go crazy like this. Why do you think that is?

Keep in mind that the US is not Europe. I know this is hard to fathom, but they are not exactly alike. Try taking guns away from the populace and all hell will break loose.

WIth freedom comes responsibility. Have the morals of society deteriorated to the point that we all need to have our freedoms taken away? Should we all be behind bars? It did not used to be this way in the US even though they had less gun laws on the books. As I pointed out, many of these "gunmen" are trying to kill Christians.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:24

How do we legislate away evil and usher in utopia..........or is this the wrong approach?
    Why do you worry?

Isn't all of this a sign that the end times are approaching? Aren't the dead (Christian?) people now in heaven?

Isn't this evil unavoidable, because it's the Devil's work or something like that?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:27
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Why do you worry?

Isn't all of this a sign that the end times are approaching? Aren't the dead (Christian?) people now in heaven?

Isn't this evil unavoidable, because it's the Devil's work or something like that?
    Don't you have some feces to go sniff out Mr. Vermin?
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:29
    Don't you have some feces to go sniff out Mr. Vermin?
    Could you answer my questions, please?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:31
    Could you answer my questions, please?
    Try asking one without being a prick.....or is that possible?
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:361 edit
    Try asking one without being a prick.....or is that possible?
    I'm asking you about your religious beliefs. Specifically when it concerns "evil" that happens in the world. More specifically evil that happens to people who are also Christian, like yourself.

Are your religious beliefs only to be talked about when it's all sugar and sweet? Does this kind of stuff make it a bit to real?

So, do tell, dear Whodey: are these stone cold dead Christians now having a laugh with Jebus in heaven, yes or no?

How much of a Christian are you really?

By the way, you should've asked "... or is that impossible?" The way you phrased it now, it makes no sense.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:45
    I'm asking you about your religious beliefs. Specifically when it concerns "evil" that happens in the world. More specifically evil that happens to people who are also Christian, like yourself.

Are your religious beliefs only to be talked about when it's all sugar and sweet? Does this kind of stuff make it a bit to real?

So, do tell, dear Whode ...[text shortened]... you should've asked "... or is that impossible?" The way you phrased it now, it makes no sense.
    My only point in bringing up Christians being targeted in shootings around the country is to show how there seems to be an incresing intolerance for Christians.

If one were to follow the teaching of Christ, or a society that reveres them, then such incidences I think would diminish.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:48
    And I'm asking if this is not to be expected if we are approaching the end times...
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 14:49
    And I'm asking if this is not to be expected if we are approaching the end times...
    When did I mention the end times?

Why are you mentioning the end times?
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 15:04

Throw $10 million fe ...[text shortened]... Admitting that maybe some other countries have some good ideas on this issue that we can borrow?
    There. You've said it.
    "Self protection"
    That is fear and it's irrational.
    Irrational folk shouldn't be armed to the teeth.

And that's the difference with places like Switzerland... They may have access to all kinds of weapons, but it's not for self-defence purposes... They aren't scared someone's going to come to their home and steal their TV or their 'freedom'.