Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '17 15:06
    Yea or nay.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '17 22:32
    People here seem to favor affirmative action, so why not reparations?

    How much should blacks be given as compensation for past sins?
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    55370
    04 Sep '17 22:43
    Originally posted by @whodey
    People here seem to favor affirmative action, so why not reparations?

    How much should blacks be given as compensation for past sins?
    Any law that that allows one group to be treated differently from another group because of inherent characteristic should be unconstitutional under equal protection. Affirmative action as practiced like all explicit discrimination should be illegal.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    64930
    04 Sep '17 22:59
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    Any law that that allows one group to be treated differently from another group because of inherent characteristic should be unconstitutional under equal protection. Affirmative action as practiced like all explicit discrimination should be illegal.
    Any system that fails to protect and preserve white supremacy you mean.

    Read your own history. Read Ira Katznelson. White Americans have had the benfit of affirmative action for a long time.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '17 23:05
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Any system that fails to protect and preserve white supremacy you mean.

    Read your own history. Read Ira Katznelson. White Americans have had the benfit of affirmative action for a long time.
    So even though I had nothing to do with the sins of the past, I should pay money to blacks today?

    How much?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Sep '17 23:29
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Any system that fails to protect and preserve white supremacy you mean.

    Read your own history. Read Ira Katznelson. White Americans have had the benfit of affirmative action for a long time.
    Should whitey celebrate as he is passed over for a job or promotion or educational opportunity so blacky can have it instead?

    What if they are Hispanic or Asian? Should they feel slighted?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    04 Sep '17 23:30
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    Any law that that allows one group to be treated differently from another group because of inherent characteristic should be unconstitutional under equal protection. Affirmative action as practiced like all explicit discrimination should be illegal.
    Okay, one vote for the status quo, AKA discrimination against non-whites.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35839
    04 Sep '17 23:33
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Should whitey celebrate as he is passed over for a job or promotion or educational opportunity so blacky can have it instead?

    What if they are Hispanic or Asian? Should they feel slighted?
    And when was the last time this happened to you?

    Yeah, I thought so.
  9. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    281373
    04 Sep '17 23:39
    Originally posted by @whodey
    So even though I had nothing to do with the sins of the past, I should pay money to blacks today?

    How much?
    Your house and car and first born to be the new house nigerian.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    05 Sep '17 01:06
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Okay, one vote for the status quo, AKA discrimination against non-whites.
    Affirmative Action is just one type of reparation

    Do you favor more? Is enough being done or should whites give more of the money?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    05 Sep '17 01:06
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    Your house and car and first born to be the new house nigerian.
    Nigerians don't count. After all, they sold their brothers to the white devils.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39949
    05 Sep '17 01:33
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Should whitey celebrate as he is passed over for a job or promotion or educational opportunity so blacky can have it instead?

    What if they are Hispanic or Asian? Should they feel slighted?
    It's astonishing with all this "discrimination" against whites, they still have much higher levels of income than blacks. And the gap is far greater in wealth. http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/27/news/economy/racial-wealth-gap-blacks-whites/index.html

    They just must be innately superior, right whodey and QQ?
  13. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1391
    05 Sep '17 01:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    People here seem to favor affirmative action, so why not reparations?

    How much should blacks be given as compensation for past sins?
    Whodey, why don't you find something else to warble about.😞
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    05 Sep '17 02:02
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And when was the last time this happened to you?

    Yeah, I thought so.
    When would I know? It's not like a college or employer will tell me, "Sorry, wrong color kid".

    All you are told is "No".
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    05 Sep '17 02:03
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    It's astonishing with all this "discrimination" against whites, they still have much higher levels of income than blacks. And the gap is far greater in wealth. http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/27/news/economy/racial-wealth-gap-blacks-whites/index.html

    They just must be innately superior, right whodey and QQ?
    I'm asking if reparations are in order since decades of Affirmative Action seems to have done so little.
Back to Top