Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 14 Apr '10 01:55 / 2 edits
    A new poll out shows that 52% of the populace says Obamacare is now bad for the country and is trending increasingly negative day by day. Only 40% say it is good for the country. However, seniors are even more concerned with Obamacare as they oppose it 58-30%.

I think Dems feel as though the issue has been put to rest because they passed the legislation. Can the impossible happen and have a massive entitlement program repealed for the first time in US history? I will say this, there has never been a more devisive and partisan entitlement program in US history, and the Dems own it.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/poll-majority-says-repeal-obamacare-especially-among-seniors-89919527.html
  2. 14 Apr '10 02:00
    Repeal all you anti American effete snobs. Don't help those that need it. Feed your face with your greed.

If you really want an America that is less healthy, and that keep the poor down to the level that you think they belong, then repeal.

I spit on the neo-con movement. They are a greater threat to America than Bin Laden.
  3. 14 Apr '10 02:04
    The Republicans have done a fabulous job lying to the public. That doesn't mean the legislation is bad.

Yes, the Democrats are going to "own" it. Just like they "own" Medicare and Social Security, two programs the Republicans venomously opposed and today dare not attack. Oh, the irony.
  4. 14 Apr '10 02:10
    Yeah I could have put things more rationally, but I've had a tough day at work.
  5. 14 Apr '10 02:11 / 2 edits
    To date, I have gotten two different responses. One response says that those who oppose it are "greedy" as where the other says they are "misinformed", presumably by those who are greedy. So which is it gentlemen? Clearly the majority oppose it.
  6. 14 Apr '10 02:13
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Yeah I could have put things more rationally, but I've had a tough day at work.
    And why do you work? Is it out of greed? What do you need all that money for anyway?
  7. 14 Apr '10 02:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    The Republicans have done a fabulous job lying to the public. That doesn't mean the legislation is bad.

Yes, the Democrats are going to "own" it. Just like they "own" Medicare and Social Security, two programs the Republicans venomously opposed and today dare not attack. Oh, the irony.
    So lets help clear up the lies, shall we? How will this legislation keep down insurance premium rates? How will it lower the deficit? In fact, how will it not balloon the deficit? How will it improve health care that we already recieve? Will any of our health care be lowered in quality?
  8. 14 Apr '10 02:34
    So lets assume that the majority of Americans are, in fact, greedy and it is greed that prevents them from favoring Obamacare. Should the greedy majority be allowed to democratically repeal the legislation?
  9. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    14 Apr '10 04:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    To date, I have gotten two different responses. One response says that those who oppose it are "greedy" as where the other says they are "misinformed", presumably by those who are greedy. So which is it gentlemen? Clearly the majority oppose it.
    can you pull up poll stats for those other dem entitlement programs? A little context would be useful to cut through the current wave of hysteria enveloping the subject.
  10. 14 Apr '10 06:16
    So lets assume that the majority of Americans are, in fact, greedy and it is greed that prevents them from favoring Obamacare. Should the greedy majority be allowed to democratically repeal the legislation?
    Yes, but they opted not to when they elected Obama.
  11. 14 Apr '10 11:14 / 2 edits
    So lets help clear up the lies, shall we? How will this legislation keep down insurance premium rates? How will it lower the deficit? In fact, how will it not balloon the deficit? How will it improve health care that we already recieve? Will any of our health care be lowered in quality?
    You're saying the CBO is lying about it reducing the deficit and reducing premiums?

Dude, it took calling you out multiple times just to get you to stop calling it "NHC"

When you ask how it will improve the health care we recieve, who is "we"? For 36 million Americans their health care will improve by actually recieving it.
  12. 14 Apr '10 17:20
    A new poll out shows that 52% of the populace says Obamacare is now bad for the country and is trending increasingly negative day by day. Only 40% say it is good for the country. However, seniors are even more concerned with Obamacare as they oppose it 58-30%.

I think Dems feel as though the issue has been put to rest because they passed the legislation. ...[text shortened]... /beltway-confidential/poll-majority-says-repeal-obamacare-especially-among-seniors-89919527.html
    classic example of argumentum ad populum.

It doesn't matter what the polls say, it doesn't change the fact that obamacare was one of the best things that ever happened to the US, and despite what glenn beck says about it, it is more pro-business than anything they have in europe. you should be happy.
  13. 14 Apr '10 17:30
    Clearly the majority oppose it.
    If the majority supported it, you would be claiming instead that universal health care was unconstitutional... You appeal to the public voice only when you agree with it.
  14. 14 Apr '10 17:34
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    If the majority supported it, you would be claiming instead that universal health care was unconstitutional... You appeal to the public voice only when you agree with it.
    The claim about it being "unconstituional" isn't really as far-fetched as you think. Apparently, according to the US constitution the govt cannot force anyone to buy anything they don't want to buy, this would include health insurance.
  15. 14 Apr '10 17:35

I think Dems feel as though the issue has been put to rest because they passed the legislation. ...[text shortened]... /beltway-confidential/poll-majority-says-repeal-obamacare-especially-among-seniors-89919527.html
    I hope the Republicans run on repeal. I hope they get up and say you should be refused insurance if you have a preexisting condition. I hope they say your children who still live with you in their early 20s should not be on your insurance. I hope they say that if your employer does not offer insurance you shouldn't be helped to get it.

Of course, they'll never say anything of these things. They'll just keep lying about the 16,500 armed IRS agents that are poised to track you down if you refuse insurance. All they have are lies and the support of the racists and idiots willing to believe them.