Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 28 Aug '15 11:15
    http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-compares-gop-stance-womens-health-terrorists-200504826.html#

According to Hillary Clinton, who will no doubt win the Oval Orifice.

Meanwhile, Curt Schilling just lost his job on ESPN for bad mouthing Muslim extremist terrorists.

I just love the USA.
  2. 28 Aug '15 17:00
    I assume all Hillary supporters............that is...............those who will hold their collective noses and vote for Hillary when she wins the Dim nomination............will back her statement that the GOP are terrorists.

So how should the US declare war on these terrorists?
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    28 Aug '15 18:08
    In fairness (silly me, I know), that's not exactly what she said:

“Extreme views about women, we expect them from some of the terrorist groups, we expect that from people who don’t want to live in the modern world, but it’s a little hard to take coming from Republicans who want to be the president of the United States, yet they espouse out-of-date and out-of-touch policies,”

A logical reading of the quote would imply, in fact, that Republicans are NOT terrorists.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    28 Aug '15 18:14
    Originally posted by sh76

“Extreme views about women, we expect them from some of the terrorist groups, we expect that from people who don’t want to live in the modern world, but it’s a little hard to take coming from Republicans who want to be the president of the United States, yet they espouse out-of-date and out-of ...[text shortened]... s,”

A logical reading of the quote would imply, in fact, that Republicans are NOT terrorists.
    You really haven't been paying attention if you think whodey does logical.
  5. 28 Aug '15 19:39 / 3 edits

“Extreme views about women, we expect them from some of the terrorist groups, we expect that from people who don’t want to live in the modern world, but it’s a little hard to take coming from Republicans who want to be the president of the United States, yet they espouse out-of-date and out-of ...[text shortened]... s,”

The correlation she was trying to draw is abhorrant and to hide it is even more abhorrant. You could interchangably use Hitler or terrorist to get across the same message.
  6. 28 Aug '15 19:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You really haven't been paying attention if you think whodey does logical.
    Partisan hacks like you support such verbage as "war on women".

If so, why not just call them terrorists?
  7. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Aug '15 20:37
    Originally posted by whodey

Do do you approve of your side using verbiage like "war on Christmas" and "death panels?"
  8. 28 Aug '15 21:34
    Originally posted by vivify
    Do do you approve of your side using verbiage like "war on Christmas" and "death panels?"
    My side? What exactly is my side?

You mean Republicans?

Both expressions are meant to arouse hysteria. However, those here like sh76 quickly attacked the term "death panels" but is defending linking terrorists to the GOP which is very revealing.

And lastly, saying that there is a war on Christmas is different than saying there is a war against people or that they are terrorists, don't you agree?

As for the term "death panels", at least the term is accurate in that there is a panel of people deciding medical issues which could end someones life.
  9. 28 Aug '15 21:44

Would you have a problem with this statement sh76?

"Extreme views about the unborn, we expect them form Nazi groups, we expect that from people who don't want to live in the 1940's, but it's a little hard to take coming from Democrats who want to be president of the United States, yet they espouse out-of-touch policies"
  10. 28 Aug '15 22:09
    Originally posted by whodey to No1Marauder
    If Whodey objects to being called a supporter of the "war on women", then how would he
    feel about just being called a supporter of the "war on women's rights"? Better now?
  11. 29 Aug '15 02:34
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    If Whodey objects to being called a supporter of the "war on women", then how would he
    feel about just being called a supporter of the "war on women's rights"? Better now?
    Nope, I prefer the term terrorist.
  12. Standard member redbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    29 Aug '15 09:04
    http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-compares-gop-stance-womens-health-terrorists-200504826.html#

According to Hillary Clinton, who will no doubt win the Oval Orifice.

Meanwhile, Curt Schilling just lost his job on ESPN for bad mouthing Muslim extremist terrorists.

I just love the USA.
    we have the same pc problem with our Tory Idiots
  13. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    29 Aug '15 09:52
    I assume all Hillary supporters............that is...............those who will hold their collective noses and vote for Hillary when she wins the Dim nomination............will back her statement that the GOP are terrorists.

So how should the US declare war on these terrorists?
    Deport them to Mexico...
  14. 29 Aug '15 10:19
    Originally posted by redbadger
    we have the same pc problem with our Tory Idiots
    Tory's are terrorists?

Sounds like Obama needs to send in the drones.
  15. 29 Aug '15 10:20
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Deport them to Mexico...
    Problem is, Mexico is a drug cartel, not a country.