Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member vivify
    rain
    13 Feb '17 16:31 / 1 edit
    Below is a video where Republicans try to convince viewers that they're people, complete with #RepublicansArePeopleToo:

YouTube

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republicans-are-people-too-stock-photo

The Republicans In 'Republicans Are People Too' Ad Are All Stock Photos

Conservatives wanted to remind people that "Republicans Are People Too" with an ad campaign insisting that Republicans recycle and have tattoos.

But as The Daily Banter pointed out, the woman the ad used to prove that "Republicans are black" is actually a very popular stock photo. Her image is featured on the Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys' website and a promotion for a discount on glasses.

And unsurprisingly, TPM found that the other every-man Republicans featured in the ads were also stock photos.
  2. Standard member shavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    13 Feb '17 16:39
    It's just getting funnier and funnier!!!
  3. 13 Feb '17 16:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Below is a video where Republicans try to convince viewers that they're people, complete with #RepublicansArePeopleToo:
    Much as I find it hilarious, I have to point out that you can find any nonsense you want on YouTube. How do you know this wasn't created by an 8 year old Jewish child living in India? Your OP seems to suggest it is in some way an official message from the Republican Party. Is it?

Edit: It would appear it came from Romneys campaign back in 2012.
  4. Standard member vivify
    rain
    13 Feb '17 16:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Much as I find it hilarious, I have to point out that you can find any nonsense you want on YouTube. How do you know this wasn't created by an 8 year old Jewish child living in India? Your OP seems to suggest it is in some way an official message from the Republican Party. Is it?
    http://gawker.com/bizarre-gop-ad-theorizes-republicans-are-people-too-1639913200

According to a new ad campaign by consulting firm Glass House Strategies, Republicans are people...

Glass House founder Vinny Minchillo told the New Republic "It's become socially acceptable to talk about Republicans in the most evil terms possible and that doesn't seem right."

To combat this discrimination against the party of discrimination, the former Romney strategist has taken his "Republicans Are People Too" campaign to social media.
  5. 13 Feb '17 19:43
    http://gawker.com/bizarre-gop-ad-theorizes-republicans-are-people-too-1639913200
    You realise that article is dated 2014?
  6. Standard member vivify
    rain
    13 Feb '17 20:35 / 1 edit
    You realise that article is dated 2014?
    So I should've titled the thread "Republicans tried to prove they're people."
  7. 13 Feb '17 20:38
    Since Republicans are not people now does that mean you can abort us as well?
  8. Standard member vivify
    rain
    13 Feb '17 20:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    Since Republicans are not people now does that mean you can abort us as well?
    Of course Reps are people. Didn't you see the stock photos?
  9. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    14 Feb '17 13:13
    Of course Reps are people. Didn't you see the stock photos?
    How do we even know the people in the photos are Republicans?
  10. Standard member vivify
    rain
    14 Feb '17 16:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    How do we even know the people in the photos are Republicans?
    I was being sarcastic.
  11. 14 Feb '17 16:33
    I think that when you have to go back a few years to have a laugh at republicans it suggests you have been living in a bubble for the last few months. You do know who the president of the US is right?
    You are not much different from Whodey trying to attack democrats by bringing up things about the party as it was fifty years ago.

As for using stock photos, I believe Last Week Tonight caught someone doing that in the recent presidential campaign.
  12. Standard member vivify
    rain
    14 Feb '17 16:43
    I think that when you have to go back a few years to have a laugh at republicans it suggests you have been living in a bubble for the last few months. You do know who the president of the US is right?
    You are not much different from Whodey trying to attack democrats by bringing up things about the party as it was fifty years ago.

As for using stock photos, I believe Last Week Tonight caught someone doing that in the recent presidential campaign.
    Lighten up. I saw a random funny add that was chuckle-worthy and shared it. A year before Trump entered the election isn't that far back.
  13. Standard member shavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    14 Feb '17 18:16
    If the people look inbred, they're republicans.
  14. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    14 Feb '17 19:22
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    If the people look inbred, they're republicans.
    I always wondered what they would look like in bread.