Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 02 Oct '10 03:03
    so. Jon Stewart ISN'T a bigot?
  2. 02 Oct '10 03:05
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    so. Jon Stewart ISN'T a bigot?
    No, he's not.

Rick Sanchez apparently is about as much of an idiot as I thought he was though. He just took his leash off and let his idiot flag fly.
  3. 02 Oct '10 17:24
    It is a shame he made a big deal about Jews. I heard he mentioned something about the Jewish controlled media, but he might be right about that for the most part. It is bad policy to point it out even if it may be true.

What is the worst thing he said? I want to know just what words got him fired.
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    02 Oct '10 17:26 / 2 edits
    Jews, Muslims and Anglos oh my!

EDIT

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20018334-503544.html

When asked by radio host Pete Dominick (who used to work as a warm-up comic for the Daily Show) against whom he thought Stewart was bigoted, Sanchez said, "everybody else who's not like him. Look at his show, I mean, what does he surround himself with?"

Dominick pointed out that as a Jew, Stewart was also a minority - to which Sanchez responded, snickering, "Please, what are you kidding?.. Yeah, a very powerless people."

I'm telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart," Sanchez said. "To imply that somehow they, the people in this country who are Jewish, are an oppressed minority? Yeah."
  5. 02 Oct '10 17:37
    Did you find this story on Drudge too?

I think it's funny when lefties go after each other.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    02 Oct '10 17:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Did you find this story on Drudge too?

I think it's funny when lefties go after each other.
    Lefties? Sanchez is attacking liberals.

Sanche...[called] the Daily Show "essentially prejudicial - against anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view, which is very much a white liberal establishment point of view."
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    02 Oct '10 17:46 / 3 edits
    Interesting character.

Of his childhood Sanchez has said, "I grew up not speaking English, dealing with real prejudice every day as a kid; watching my dad work in a factory, wash dishes, drive a truck, get spit on. I’ve been told that I can’t do certain things in life simply because I was a Hispanic."[1] He prefers to be called Rick Sanchez rather than use his birth name because, he said in a newscast in 2009, " ... I want to be respectful of this wonderful country that allowed us as Hispanics to come here, and I think it’s easier if someone’s able to understand me by Anglicizing my name."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Sanchez

For someone who has such a problem with the white establishment point of view he's awfully interesting in Anglo culture...I guess he identifies it with the USA for some reason, and contrasts it with Jon Stewart and his white liberal Jews.

I also find it interesting that coming from Cuba and being discriminated againt, he identifies with Hispanics...who, in Cuba, are the racist whites!
  8. 02 Oct '10 17:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Jews, Muslims and Anglos oh my!

EDIT

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20018334-503544.html

When asked by radio host Pete Dominick (who used to work as a warm-up comic for the Daily Show) against whom he thought Stewart was bigoted, Sanchez said, "everybody else who's not like him. Look at his show, I mean, what does he surround himself ...[text shortened]... ehow they, the people in this country who are Jewish, are an oppressed minority? Yeah."
    I guess I see Rick's point that they are not a powerless people. After all, Jews are the most wealthy minority in the USA. Wealthy people are hardly powerless.

I have heard far worse. I can't understand why he would get fired for that.

The Rothschild family is a very powerful banking family with wealth beyond measure. They are hardly oppressed. What is wrong with pointing that out?
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    02 Oct '10 17:58 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I guess I see Rick's point that they are not a powerless people. After all, Jews are the most wealthy minority in the USA. Wealthy people are hardly powerless.

I have heard far worse. I can't understand why he would get fired for that.

The Rothschild family is a very powerful banking family with wealth beyond measure. They are hardly oppressed. What is wrong with pointing that out?
    Nothing's wrong with pointing that out, just as long as we can point out similar things about other ethnic groups. As many people know, my favorite target is Anglos.

Jews might counter that Cubans have their own country that nobody's trying to wipe out, for example, or that Hispanics a an ethnic group have a huge swath of territory - so much that Lusitanians (Portuguese - did I get it right?) are called Hispanics by ignorant gringos.

This can go on forever...and it ends with Aryan Nations, Mexican Mafia, Zionist gangsters (Bugsy Siegel, Meyer Lansky types), N*s with Attitude, etc...and lots of bloodshed.
  10. 02 Oct '10 18:22
    Snachez is a total bore as well as the twitter news reporting he is so fond of, I hope they fire him simply for those reasons.
  11. 03 Oct '10 01:41
    Nothing's wrong with pointing that out, just as long as we can point out similar things about other ethnic groups. As many people know, my favorite target is Anglos.

Jews might counter that Cubans have their own country that nobody's trying to wipe out, for example, or that Hispanics a an ethnic group have a huge swath of territory - so much that ...[text shortened]... gangsters (Bugsy Siegel, Meyer Lansky types), N*s with Attitude, etc...and lots of bloodshed.
    The Cubans did not steal Cuba from anybody the way Israelis stole land from the Palestinians.

Perhaps you can come up with a better example.
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    03 Oct '10 02:37
    The Cubans did not steal Cuba from anybody the way Israelis stole land from the Palestinians.

Perhaps you can come up with a better example.
    Hispanics didn't steal Cuba?
  13. 03 Oct '10 04:15 / 1 edit
    http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/10/02/the-kernel-of-truthiness-behind-rick-sanchez-s-ugly-rant/

Asked by his interviewer, Pete Dominick, about the ribbing, Sanchez, who was born in Cuba, went out with a bang: "I've known a lot of elite Northeast establishment liberals that may not use this as a business model, but deep down when they look at a guy like me they look at a – they see a guy automatically who belongs in the second tier and not the top tier.''
    When pressed to explain what he was talking about, he said it was subtle stuff, mostly: "White folks usually don't see it. But we do – those of us who are minorities and women see it sometimes, too, from men in authority.''
    True, that. Also true: we humans say insensitive things to each other every day, but regularly being treated as "second tier" takes a toll, and can deform the way we see the world.
    Sanchez said that one CNN exec told him, "I really don't see you as an anchor; I see you more as a reporter. I see you more as a John Quinones – you know, the guy on ABC...Now, did he not realize that he was telling me...An anchor is what you give the high-profile white guys, you know...To a certain extent Jon Stewart and [Stephen] Colbert are the same way. I think Jon Stewart's a bigot.''

14. 03 Oct '10 09:03
    Hispanics didn't steal Cuba?
    Steal from whom?

I guess you could say all land was stolen from somebody at some point in history but Hispanics are part Native American, so who did they steal from?
  15. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    03 Oct '10 12:35
    Steal from whom?

I guess you could say all land was stolen from somebody at some point in history but Hispanics are part Native American, so who did they steal from?
    The Arawak Indians, who inhabited the island prior to the arrival of the Spanish.