1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 03:07
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting/proposal

Instead of relying on Politico, I dug this up, from a current version sent to me by Nancy herself,,, read on, if you dare
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 04:26
    When a Drug manufacturer is granted a Patent on a new drug,, how long is that good for? When that patent runs out, can they change the composition by 1 molecule, and maintain their original patent..
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 04:50
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    When a Drug manufacturer is granted a Patent on a new drug,, how long is that good for? When that patent runs out, can they change the composition by 1 molecule, and maintain their original patent..
    I don't know, but I would assume changing anything, even a molecule would require going through the entire process again for FDA approval, which can take years. Also, I'm not a biochemist but I doubt it's as simple as changing a molecule but keeping the exact same properties.

Also, if the drug has already proven effective over the course of several or more years - who cares if the drug company changes something? Other companies can still copy the ingredients on what they've been making and put it to market.
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 04:56
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I don't know, but I would assume changing anything, even a molecule would require going through the entire process again for FDA approval, which can take years. Also, I'm not a biochemist but I doubt it's as simple as changing a molecule but keeping the exact same properties.

Also, if the drug has already proven effective over the course of sev ...[text shortened]... r companies can still copy the ingredients on what they've been making and put it to market.
    because my friend, aricle VII Improving Access to Innovative Medical therapies
    "We will enforce the companies to provide safe and affordable generic versions of drugs on the market.. As I stated in my post from the white house.
    Are they going to challenge patent laws?
    I have 4 drugs now that are patented and expensive,,, so I guess i'll be getting anew generic soon... Tell me, how can that be done in 2400 pages or less;;;;_)
  5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 04:58
    "We will enforce the companies to provide safe and affordable generic versions of drugs on the market.. As I stated in my post from the white house.
    I have 4 drugs now that are patented and expensive,,, so I guess i'll be getting anew generic soon... Tell me, how can that be done in 2400 pages or less;;;;_)
    Read Patent rights,, once you had Ambien,,, soon afterward Ambien CR,,, they added to it, thus making a generic impossible for even longer.
    This is why,, nothing will happen right away troop, can you see the battle ahead with this issue alone,, patent laws?

Inch by inch it's a cinch,, we need to swallow this a bite at a time
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 05:05
    Read Patent rights,, once you had Ambien,,, soon afterward Ambien CR,,, they added to it, thus making a generic impossible for even longer.
    This is why,, nothing will happen right away troop, can you see the battle ahead with this issue alone,, patent laws?

Inch by inch it's a cinch,, we need to swallow this a bite at a time
    "one bite at a time"

"OMG 2400 pages!"

I'm willing to bet I can find somewhere where you've said, "jamming this bill down our throats" "Obamacare" , "start from scratch and/or clean sheet of paper" etc. etc.

Is there a single GOP poll tested talking point, word or phrase that you are unwilling to repeat?
  7. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 05:104 edits
    "one bite at a time"

"OMG 2400 pages!"

I'm willing to bet I can find somewhere where you've said, "jamming this bill down our throats" "Obamacare" , "start from scratch and/or clean sheet of paper" etc. etc.

Is there a single GOP poll tested talking point, word or phrase that you are unwilling to repeat?
    I'd be happy, if you would just answer the question regarding Title VII Improving Access to Innovative Medical Therapies,, how does that happen?
    Re-write patent laws, or bog down in court lawsuits,, first go read it
    so you know what I am saying,,please?
    or just sit back with the rest of us stupid republcians.
    I short, how do we force drug companies to come up with generics of a patented drug????
    Sorry, one of your previous posts indicated to me, that you had read this article,, and that 70 % of us were too stupid to understand it apparently you are not as well versed in it as we thought,, go read it.. move into the light.

How many pages does the Bible have..?
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 12:56
    I'd be happy, if you would just answer the question regarding Title VII Improving Access to Innovative Medical Therapies,, how does that happen?
    Re-write patent laws, or bog down in court lawsuits,, first go read it
    so you know what I am saying,,please?
    or just sit back with the rest of us stupid republcians.
    I short, how do we force drug companies to ...[text shortened]... n it as we thought,, go read it.. move into the light.

How many pages does the Bible have..?
    All drugs must go thru an FDA approval process to certify their safety and effectiveness. What you and I pay for that actually benefits the whole world. Certainly it also gives us an influence on the practices of the drug companies. So what part of using that influence don't you understand? That is all I see that sentence saying. Rights to a patent can be voluntarily released. The time limit is immaterial to this discussion. I know you are furiously regurgitating right-wing talking points. Please take a moment to actually think before you post. Stupid doesn't come from what you are incapable of understanding; it comes from what you don't try to understand.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 14:30
    Patents are generally good for 20 years. But the first 5-10 of those are generally spent in development and testing and getting FDA approval.

The window in which a company that spent half a billion dollars developing a drug has to make back its profit before it can be genericized is exceedingly short. Of course, many people want to shorten, weaken or eliminate this patent protection.

All this would do is slow or eliminate the development of useful drugs, of course.

Next time anyone wants to complain at the big bad drug companies charging $5 for a pill that costs them 1 cent to make, just remember that the first pill probably cost 500 million dollars.
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 15:28
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    All drugs must go thru an FDA approval process to certify their safety and effectiveness. What you and I pay for that actually benefits the whole world. Certainly it also gives us an influence on the practices of the drug companies. So what part of using that influence don't you understand? That is all I see that sentence saying. Rights to a patent can ...[text shortened]... from what you are incapable of understanding; it comes from what you don't try to understand.
    You obviously didn't take time to read Obamas plan did you, or you wouldn;t have spewed out that il-informed post. Shame on you for spewing out false information.
    Once again,, article VII which is CALLEDIMPROVING ACCESS TO INNOVATIVE MEDICAL THERAPIES.
    They call for companies to release drugs to make generic versions of drugs for the market.. I ask, does that by-pass current patent rights for the Drug maker who invented that drug,,,, if so, how will thos edrug companies react? Will they simply stop their R & D, or move somewhere out of the country.
    Now let your mind chew on that, it's right on the White House web site. I'll spare you any more insults, obviously you don't fully understand the bill and it's consequences.. OH my sO TO MAKE THIS REAL SIMPLE FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS TIME...i PICKED THAT OFF oBAMAS OWN LIPS, AS CLOSE AS i COULD REACH,, ARE YOU LITERATE?
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 15:34
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    All drugs must go thru an FDA approval process to certify their safety and effectiveness. What you and I pay for that actually benefits the whole world. Certainly it also gives us an influence on the practices of the drug companies. So what part of using that influence don't you understand? That is all I see that sentence saying. Rights to a patent can ...[text shortened]... from what you are incapable of understanding; it comes from what you don't try to understand.
    Ditto, I will read this bill line by line. next is the medicare doughnut hole.. do you understand the fix for that. There are several ideas, including Barrys own,
    now don't come back here, without reading it, and accusing me of being a right wing fear monger. Cause there is a problem there too, maybe you can find it??
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 17:06
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/health-care-meeting/proposal/titlei

Here you go Jack, please notice where this comes from ok?
    I get tired of spoon feeding you like a baby, and having porridge spit back at me.
    Observe and absorb please, then try saying something intelligent. Not all of this Bill is bad, someparts are great.... should be, for the amount of time spend hammering out details.... still,, how is it to be paid for? What concrete formula is used? Answer, think hard jack
  13. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 22:161 edit
    wow, I just got an answer from the president. But, it must have just been a standard form letter, because he waltzed around my exact questions, with the same rhetoric that was in Nancy De Pauls e-mail yesterday,, but then, isn't he in Missouri today?
    So I guess he thinks I'm stupid too USA ARMY PARATROOPER
    Most Americans are really smart enough to see a rotten deal when it comes to them.
    Only 722 complaints regestered as of today in fraudulent stimulus money paid,, wow, wonder what that cost the tax payers.. IE YOU AND I
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 02:55
    Dude, your mouse is your friend. Nowhere in there is anything about removing patents for drug makers.

Title VII. Improving Access to Innovative Medical Therapies
    Ending Pay-for-Delay

Saves money for consumers and taxpayers by ending the collusion between pharmaceutical companies where companies with brand name drugs pay companies who make generic drugs to keep the generic drug off the market.

Extending the Discount Drug Program

The Act extends discounts on drugs to hospitals and communities that serve low-income patients.

Promoting Biologics Price Competition and Innovation

The Act creates a new pathway to create generic versions of biological products so that Americans have access to effective, lower-cost alternatives.
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '10 04:101 edit
    Dude, your mouse is your friend. Nowhere in there is anything about removing patents for drug makers.

Ending Pay-for-Delay

Saves money for consumers and taxpayers by ending the collusion between pharmaceutical companies where companies with brand name drugs pay companies who make g ...[text shortened]... ions of biological products so that Americans have access to effective, lower-cost alternatives.
    You think drug makers arent standing in line with their own drug as soon as a patent expires? Ah yes,, check out MS drugs? But companie changes one molecule,or formula changes and they fight to keep the patent.. Example Ambien becomes Ambien CR. Real hard to get on insurance for less that 70 bucks co.
    So how do they plan to pull that off..... maybe copaxone, Ambien, Avonex, Tysabri Rebif will all suddenly become cheaper?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree