1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 02:06
    Does anyone know of a link to a poll/analysis of the degree (frequency and/or intensity) to which right wing and left wing, and for the sake of completeness, "other" political leanings are prevalent on internet forums? Another measure would be the number of right wing and left wing blogs are active.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 11:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    Does anyone know of a link to a poll/analysis of the degree (frequency and/or intensity) to which right wing and left wing, and for the sake of completeness, "other" political leanings are prevalent on internet forums? Another measure would be the number of right wing and left wing blogs are active.
    Interesting question, but I doubt that there's any evidence. In this forum one would have to analyse every post and have some criteria for assigning political views. Also most people are left wing on some issues and right wing on others. People's opinions shift with time. So since one would need either a huge amount of labour or an algorithm to determine overall political leaning from the contents of posts I think it's unlikely anyone's managed to do it or even tried.

Counting blogs on the other hand might have been done.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 13:271 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    I don't think it's possible to measure "right wing" and "left wing" with any certainty or objectivity.

To cite one example, according to no1marauder, I'm a right winger. According to utherpendragon (and probably whodey and Eladar, though they've not said so in so many words), I'm a left winger.

Go figure.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 13:41
    Originally posted by sh76
    I don't think it's possible to measure "right wing" and "left wing" with any certainty or objectivity.

To cite one example, according to no1marauder, I'm a right winger. According to utherpendragon (and probably whodey and Eladar, though they've not said so in so many words), I'm a left winger.

Go figure.
    As far as I can tell, you're pretty much a Reagan Republican on economics with perhaps a bit of social issue moderation. That's pretty typical for a Republican in New York.

Only the lunatic fringe here would regard you as "left wing". whodey thinks Reagan was a "progressive" for Buddha's sake.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree