Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 22 Jun '13 20:26 / 1 edit
    It appears highly likely with the incredibly damning facts and evidence that the murderer is going down. That a jury of his peers will review the evidence and find Zimmerman guilty of murder.

My concern is that after the jury finds Zimmerman guilty, there will be riots in the streets by white racists, gun nuts, and militia types. And not just on the streets, but maybe even the targeting of federal sites in particular.

Be careful out there after the Zimmerman trial.
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    22 Jun '13 20:27
  3. 22 Jun '13 20:32
    Err... yeah. Isn't one Zimmerman thread enough?

Actually, it's one too many.
  4. 22 Jun '13 20:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Err... yeah. Isn't one Zimmerman thread enough?

Actually, it's one too many.
    True. Sorry.

This thread is actually about something else, and only uses the Zimmerman trial as a vehicle.
  5. 23 Jun '13 00:16 / 1 edit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2WC0UbkIZI
  6. 23 Jun '13 00:29
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2WC0UbkIZI
    I like that intro. Do you use it in promoting your fringe anti-government positions?
  7. 23 Jun '13 00:48
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I like that intro. Do you use it in promoting your fringe anti-government positions?
    The only one who talks fringe around here or looney tunes is you. You need to go back to getting your but kicked in the sports forum along with that horrible team avatar you have.
  8. 23 Jun '13 01:20
    The only one who talks fringe around here or looney tunes is you. You need to go back to getting your but kicked in the sports forum along with that horrible team avatar you have.
    Check out these two links that have the Texans ranked 7 of the 32 teams.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/super-bowl-futures
  9. 23 Jun '13 01:28
    It appears highly likely with the incredibly damning facts and evidence that the murderer is going down. That a jury of his peers will review the evidence and find Zimmerman guilty of murder.

My concern is that after the jury finds Zimmerman guilty, there will be riots in the streets by white racists, gun nuts, and militia types. And not just on the st ...[text shortened]... the targeting of federal sites in particular.

The left is always looking for such things. It never seems to materialize.

After the Boston bombings, they were discussing on MSNBC about all the white racist groups out there, fully expecting that's what they'd find. Time after time they are wrong, but the never seem to be able to question the world view that so frequently is unable to predict anything.

I think there's a good chance Zimmerman will be acquitted anyway. But there won't be riots if he's found guilty.
  10. 23 Jun '13 01:30

My concern is that after the jury finds Zimmerman guilty, there will be riots in the streets by white racists, gun nuts, and militia types. And not just on the st ...[text shortened]... the targeting of federal sites in particular.

You really have a "concern" or fear that there will be riots in the streets by "white racist, gun nuts and militia types" if a hispanic named Zimmerman is found guilty of murder ? Or, are you just being a radical left wing hack ?
    This comment of yours on the surface appears very fring and irrational.
    Have these sort of riots appeared in the past ?
    What makes you think they would/could happen now ?
    Have there been threats given by "white racist, gun nuts and militia types" that this would happen ? If so, give a link.
    What is the basis of your hypothesis ?
  11. 23 Jun '13 01:45
    You really have a "concern" or fear that there will be riots in the streets by "white racist, gun nuts and militia types" if a hispanic named Zimmerman is found guilty of murder ? Or, are you just being a radical left wing hack ?
    This comment of yours on the surface appears very fring and irrational.
    Have these sort of riots appeared in the past ?
    ...[text shortened]... ypes" that this would happen ? If so, give a link.
    What is the basis of your hypothesis ?
    I think he's using a kind of "circular-emotional-reasoning".

Express a fear about how your political adversaries will act. Then use the fact that there is fear as a kind of proof that they're dangerous.

In reality, I suspect most leftist would react with absolute glee if a tea partier or a bona fide militia group turned violent. It would give them so much emotional ammunition for future debates.
  12. 23 Jun '13 01:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by techsouth
    In reality, I suspect most leftist would react with absolute glee if a tea partier or a bona fide militia group turned violent. It would give them so much emotional ammunition for future debates.
    This reminds me of how Piers Morgan reacts to mass shooting tragedies by advocating for "assault weapon" bans. smh.

One wonders if you are right about extremists feeling glee after tragedies.
  13. 23 Jun '13 01:55
    It is a powder keg out there among the white racists and militia types, ready to explode. A catalyst of a Zimmerman guilty verdict could blow things all to hell. I am stocking up on can goods, batteries, water, etc. in preparation.
  14. 23 Jun '13 01:57
    It is a powder keg out there among the white racists and militia types, ready to explode. A catalyst of a Zimmerman guilty verdict could blow things all to hell. I am stocking up on can goods, batteries, water, etc. in preparation.
    Maybe you should go buy an AR-15 just in case.
  15. 23 Jun '13 02:01
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Maybe you should go buy an AR-15 just in case.
    I thought about it but fortunately I am white. Plus, I will stay away from the riots and if I happen to cross paths with the militia types, I will feign support. But likely will not cross paths but instead lock myself in my home, as law enforcement and US military crush and stomp out the gun-nut riots and uprising.