Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 12:271 edit
    Robert Mueller saw all this coming months ago, he knew what would hurt Donald Trump and his family the most, was not his campaign's dealings with Russia, but the Trump's family's financial crimes going back decades. By referring the bulk of the financial cases out to other jurisdictions, Mueller would be able to sidestep Trump's judicial nominees and his pathetic attempt to operate his hand picked attorney general to throw sand in the Mueller machine. Money laundering, tax evasion, and other financial crimes will begin to rear their very ugly heads in the months to come as the Southern District of New York, the State of New York and very possibly others are now shining a white hot spotlight on some dark and ugly financial dealings of the Trump family going back for many years.

It's unclear whether Trump's gyrations will enable him to escape justice in conspiring to rig the 2016 election in his favor, but Bob Mueller knows how to hit criminals like the Trump's where it really hurts, and there is not a damn thing Mr. President can do about it!

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/syndicated-columnists/article216332125.html

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-tax-fraud-fred-million-1149639

https://www.newyorker.com/news/swamp-chronicles/allen-weisselberg-the-man-who-knows-donald-trumps-financial-secrets-has-agreed-to-become-a-cooperating-witness

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/24/trump-organization-allen-weisselberg-immunity-795496
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 15:27
    Has Mueller seen Trump's taxes? If not, why? Isn't it important to the investigation? I have always suspected he committed tax fraud since he reneged on his promise to release his taxes. What is the holdup?
    Manafort never flipped on Mueller. This is a huge setback for Mueller. He was being played all along. Manafort will surely be pardoned of federal charges.
    no1 marauder knows I suspected Manafort never really flipped all along. Good call on my part.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 20:48
    @metal-brain said
    Has Mueller seen Trump's taxes? If not, why? Isn't it important to the investigation? I have always suspected he committed tax fraud since he reneged on his promise to release his taxes. What is the holdup?
    Manafort never flipped on Mueller. This is a huge setback for Mueller. He was being played all along. Manafort will surely be pardoned of federal charges.
    no1 marauder knows I suspected Manafort never really flipped all along. Good call on my part.
    I think that would be a great idea; it would absolutely clinch an obstruction of justice impeachment charge.

Plus Mueller would simply haul Manafort in front of a Grand Jury and make him testify about any and all matters covered by the pardon and if he lied indict him for perjury.

Trump's getting increasingly desperate so who knows what he will do. But his days are numbered.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 21:58
    @mchill said
    Robert Mueller saw all this coming months ago, he knew what would hurt Donald Trump and his family the most, was not his campaign's dealings with Russia, but the Trump's family's financial crimes going back decades. By referring the bulk of the financial cases out to other jurisdictions, Mueller would be able to sidestep Trump's judicial nominees and his pathetic attempt to op ...[text shortened]... ss

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/24/trump-organization-allen-weisselberg-immunity-795496
    All these investigations started on the false premise of Russian collusion.

Now Mueller has a license to find any wrong doing Trump has ever done in his life!

I believe that is called a witch hunt.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:06
    You can call it what you want. I call it JUSTICE FINALLY. Screw collusion, up with simple corruption. I don't give a damn how Trump goes down, just as long as he goes down, BIGTIME.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:08
    @sonhouse said
    You can call it what you want. I call it JUSTICE FINALLY. Screw collusion, up with simple corruption. I don't give a damn how Trump goes down, just as long as he goes down, BIGTIME.
    I know.

All you care about is destroying Trump, even if you have to make up a story to do it.

Understood.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:12
    @whodey said

Now Mueller has a license to find any wrong doing Trump has ever done in his life!

"false premise of Russian collusion"?

Actually such collusion has been overwhelmingly proved and several individuals have already been convicted of lying about it.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:162 edits
    @no1marauder said
    "false premise of Russian collusion"?

Actually such collusion has been overwhelmingly proved and several individuals have already been convicted of lying about it.
    So it is proven that Trump made a deal with Putin to help him win the election?

Interesting.

Well then, when will the Dims begin the impeachment process? They own the House now. I would assume that if they don't they don't really believe this or they are complicit. This should be their first order of business. After all, this is about national security.

Additionally, do they now have a license to go after any other wrong doings Trump has done in his life?
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:232 edits
    @whodey said
    So it is proven that Trump made a deal with Putin to help him win the election?

Interesting.

Well then, when will the Dims begin the impeachment process? They own the House now. I would assume that if they don't they don't really believe this or they are complicit. This should be their first order of business. After all, this is about national security.

Additionally, do they now have a license to go after any other wrong doings Trump has done in his life?
    That is not what you said, is it?

The Special Counsel was appointed to investigate:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
    (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

Where's the "false premise" you claimed? There's plenty of publicly available evidence of links "between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump".
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:281 edit
    @no1marauder said
    That is not what you said, is it?

The Special Counsel was appointed to investigate:

(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
    (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600. ...[text shortened]... //www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

Where's the "false premise" you claimed?
    Well the FISA warrant started all this. Trump was told he was not the target.

Anyone with half a brain knows better.

No one cares about Carte Page, do they.

Again, IF the Dims do not go after Trump as soon as they take the House then they should be impeached as well.

They either have the evidence to do the job or they are attempting a coup.

Which is it?
  11. Germany
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:31
    @whodey said

If Trump has committed criminal wrongdoing, don't you want to know about it...?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:391 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    If Trump has committed criminal wrongdoing, don't you want to know about it...?
    DIms need to file for impeachment and make their case.

I would assume that you agree along with marauder.

Moreover, if the Dims neglect their civic duty to impeach such a scoundrel, I would assume you would agree they need to be removed from office for negligence.

Honestly, I'm soooo tired of this never ending investigation and constant whining.

Either they have the evidence to put him away or they do not.

Why the drama?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:47
    @whodey

If I were Trump, I would demand immediate impeachment proceedings or file to have Dims removed for a failed coup attempt and treason.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:511 edit
    @whodey said
    DIms need to file for impeachment and make their case.

I would assume that you agree along with marauder.

Moreover, if the Dims neglect their civic duty to impeach such a scoundrel, I would assume you would agree they need to be removed from office for negligence.

Honestly, I'm soooo tired of this never ending investigation and constant whining.

Either they have the evidence to put him away or they do not.

Why the drama?
    You seem a bit confused. Impeachment is just a motion of no confidence by a different name. There is no gain for the Democrats to try it unless they are confident there are a good number of Republicans on board.

Of course Trump should have been removed from office on day one if only because of his refusal to address his conflicts of interest.
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 22:54
    @whodey said

Recently, a man in Toronto was arrested in suspicion of two murders.
    In the course of the investigation he was implicated in six other murders.

Widening of scope of investigation ?
    Or witch hunt ??

However back to the present.
    Investigation started with Russian collusion.
    Where the target of investigation (Trump) can easily be protected by technique known as plausible deniability.

When a person appears to be as dirty as this president, of course new avenues of investigation open up.

Are you suggesting that lids not be lifted on other suspicious behavior ?

Of course Trump with his persistent juvenile behavior has only served to throw fuel on the fire.

Call it a witch hunt if you like.
    But don't try to tell us this clown is squeaky clean.
    The optics in this whole fiasco of an administration are overwhelming !!
    And the smell is bad !!