Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 09 Jun '13 02:54 / 1 edit
    Has anyone heard any details about the Santa Monica shootings? All I know is that his name was John Zawahri.

What a strange name for a Tea Bagger extremist.

All I can say is, he must not be a Verizon costumer.
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    09 Jun '13 03:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    Has anyone heard any details about the Santa Monica shootings? All I know is that his name was John Zawahri.

What a strange name for a Tea Bagger extremist.

All I can say is, he must not be a Verizon costumer.
    Curse you I wanted to post this thread.

Though I didn't have his name. If you're right then you get a kudo.
  3. 09 Jun '13 03:12 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Curse you I wanted to post this thread.

Though I didn't have his name. If you're right then you get a kudo.
    But I'm always right. It's but a curse.

So I'll ask again, is Islam and mental illness....

Oh screw it. It's bad enough being banned once.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    09 Jun '13 03:58

Is he a Muslim? If so, what is your point? This doesn't seem to be political terrorism as he first killed his father and brother.
  5. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    09 Jun '13 04:52 / 2 edits
    Father born in Jordan, Antioch Orthodox Christian, sons John and Christopher born, raised, educated in the US, other family in the US, not a Muslim amongst them. Shooter has mental health history. The usual rabid ones frothing at the mouth with excitement but they're a bit stuck because all the mad-Muslim stuff doesn't quite fit this case, neither does the political extremism stuff. Maybe you could bring up the gun laws, but that's about all.
  6. 09 Jun '13 06:38
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Is he a Muslim? If so, what is your point? This doesn't seem to be political terrorism as he first killed his father and brother.
    Since when do you need more than a muslim-sounding surname to spew some islamophobia?
  7. 09 Jun '13 07:36
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Since when do you need more than a muslim-sounding surname to spew some islamophobia?
    Don't get me started.

I've been told off once already.
  8. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    09 Jun '13 11:36

Am I the only one who's never been banned?
  9. 09 Jun '13 11:43
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Father born in Jordan, Antioch Orthodox Christian, sons John and Christopher born, raised, educated in the US, other family in the US, not a Muslim amongst them. Shooter has mental health history. The usual rabid ones frothing at the mouth with excitement but they're a bit stuck because all the mad-Muslim stuff doesn't quite fit this case, neither does the political extremism stuff. Maybe you could bring up the gun laws, but that's about all.
    Well I guess this single handedly disproves the notion that Islam and mental illness don't produce deadly results.

Nothing to see here!!
  10. 09 Jun '13 11:43
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Am I the only one who's never been banned?
    Come on mods, just one time. He feels left out. :'(
  11. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    09 Jun '13 12:51
    It's interesting to see that in the photo of the shooter's various assault rifles and clips, is a Civil War era Colt revolver (probably a reproduction). I wonder if that was there just for style.
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    09 Jun '13 19:53
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It's interesting to see that in the photo of the shooter's various assault rifles and clips, is a Civil War era Colt revolver (probably a reproduction). I wonder if that was there just for style.
    Revolvers are known for having the advantage of never jamming.
  13. 09 Jun '13 20:16
    Well I guess this single handedly disproves the notion that Islam and mental illness don't produce deadly results.

Nothing to see here!!
    mental illness + christian = deadly results
  14. 09 Jun '13 20:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Maybe you could bring up the gun laws, but that's about all-Kewpie

I beg to differ. Mental health is the issue.
  15. 09 Jun '13 20:56
    Leftists are just upset that he's not a Tea Party guy. Too bad, maybe next time. This one looks like he is simply a loser unemployed pshycho who lost it. Maybe next time the lefties will have someone to rally around.