Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    25 May '11 18:50 / 1 edit
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/25/palin-movie-coming-to-theaters-this-summer/

A secretly-produced, $1 million feature film about Sarah Palin will debut next
    month in Iowa, a reminder that the former Alaska governor remains a very real
    factor in the Republican presidential nominating contest despite dismissals of her
    potential candidacy by GOP insiders.
  2. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    25 May '11 21:50
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/25/palin-movie-coming-to-theaters-this-summer/

factor in the Republican presidential nominating contest despite dismissals of her
    You seem hopeful
  3. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    26 May '11 01:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    You seem hopeful
    Haha. No, that was a quote from the article.

My first choice for the GOP nomination, at the moment, would be Jon Huntsman. He's level-headed, intelligent, and pragmatic. Even though I probably will vote for Obama in the end, I wouldn't mind having two candidates engage in a serious but civil and substantive debate about the country, and I imagine that Huntsman would bring enough to the table that if Obama did win, he could incorporate some of Huntsman's policy positions into his second term. I don't imagine the same being true of the other GOP front-runners.

My second choice, however, would indeed be Palin, simply because she would be the best candidate for Obama to run against to be effectively guaranteed reelection, except perhaps Bachmann or Trump.
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    26 May '11 02:26
    You seem hopeful
    RHP Debates would be an interesting place in 2012 if it were to be an Obama v Palin race. However I think it is in America's best interests to cue up a less lopsided General Election cycle than that.
  5. 26 May '11 03:19
    You seem hopeful
    I would certainly favor her as the Republican candidate, but unfortunately the GOP likes having a chance to win.
  6. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    26 May '11 03:26
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I would certainly favor her as the Republican candidate, but unfortunately the GOP likes having a chance to win.
    She'd lose. I think elections that are not lopsided are healthier for democracies. Obama should be pushed and tested by an electorate that is given a genuine choice of candidates representing genuine viable alternatives.
  7. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    26 May '11 05:25

It's being released in Iowa....
    Yup. It's a threat.
  8. 26 May '11 06:12 / 2 edits
    You seem hopeful
    All those on the left secretly hope Palin wins the nomination. In fact, I'm thinking maybe she is really a double agent for the DNC.

After all, she was hand picked by the "Maverick" himself.
  9. 26 May '11 08:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    All those on the left secretly hope Palin wins the nomination. In fact, I'm thinking maybe she is really a double agent for the DNC.

After all, she was hand picked by the "Maverick" himself.
    Secretly? I don't think it's a big secret.
  10. 27 May '11 02:16
    Haha. No, that was a quote from the article.

My first choice for the GOP nomination, at the moment, would be Jon Huntsman. He's level-headed, intelligent, and pragmatic. Even though I probably will vote for Obama in the end, I wouldn't mind having two candidates engage in a serious but civil and substantive debate about the country, and I imagine th ...[text shortened]... ma to run against to be effectively guaranteed reelection, except perhaps Bachmann or Trump.
    ...Even though I probably will vote for Obama in the end....

"Probably"?

...I wouldn't mind having two candidates engage in a serious but civil and substantive debate about the country....

Which Democrat do you think could unseat Obama in a primary in order to have two candidates engage in a serious but civil debate about the country? Obama is not serious.
  11. 27 May '11 02:18
    Funny how many people don't realize that Obama now has an actual record to run on.

Like Obama signing the guest book at Westminster Abbey, they think it's still 2008.
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    27 May '11 02:36
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Funny how many people don't realize that Obama now has an actual record to run on.
    Although I am not a U.S. voter, it looks like Obama will win in 2012 due to a combination of the good parts of his record and the apparent inability of the GOP to put forward a candidate who will be able to stuck into the bad parts of his record.
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    27 May '11 02:54
    Is Angelina Jolie playing Palin?
  14. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    27 May '11 05:21
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Is Angelina Jolie playing Palin?
    I thought Lisa Ann would have been terrific in the role..
  15. 28 May '11 11:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Although I am not a U.S. voter, it looks like Obama will win in 2012 due to a combination of the good parts of his record and the apparent inability of the GOP to put forward a candidate who will be able to stuck into the bad parts of his record.
    You may very well be right about the GOP candidate. Whoever it ends up being is going to have to tell the truth about the results of Obama's policies, without being afraid of being labeled a racist. John McCain failed to really attack Obama about what he believed and about his now-all-too-evident lack of experience in EVERYTHING.

There are no good parts of Obama's record. Between unemployment, stagnant and/or declining wages, gas prices, the housing market, the continuing decline of the dollar, there's nothing good that Obama can run on. His response (lack thereof) to natural disasters that have hit the U.S. is a total joke. Then there's the record deficits and a level of national debt... record numbers of college grads moving back in with Mom and Dad because there's nothing out there. You may also notice that over here, Obama doesn't even try to talk to grown ups any more. Most campaign stops are at colleges and universities, trying to convince the morons being schooled there that he's their guy. That's his only hope. Not that it won't work.

On the electoral map, there are a number of "red" (i.e. traditionally republican) states that went for Obama in 2008 that he will not win this time around (without massive voter fraud, but hey, he IS from Chicago). He ran on hope and the fact that he's kind of black (when he wants to be). Lots of people fell for it, but now their faced with the reality of what this guy has done to this country.

oops, sorry witty - now about the Palin movie... it might be interesting to see the contrasts between this movie and the Hollywood movie that's coming out about the 2008 campaign (well, that's what they SAY it's about but it's really about Palin). The name of that movie is "Game Change".