Moves
    13 Jul '18 20:51
    The press is free to be fake...or not.
  2. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 21:15
    You can insult and challenge the President without being arrested (John Oliver’s answer)
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 21:23
    They invented twerking.
  4. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 21:36
    Originally posted by @vivify
    They invented twerking.
    America gave the world: F. Scott Fitzgerald; William Faulkner; Earnest Hemingway, Mark Twain, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Edgar Allen Poe.

Plus Nirvana. 🙂
  5. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 21:52
    Beautiful country
    Beautiful people
    Beautiful beaches
    Excellent food
    No D64
  6. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 00:17
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    America gave the world: F. Scott Fitzgerald; William Faulkner; Earnest Hemingway, Mark Twain, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Edgar Allen Poe.

Plus Nirvana. 🙂
    I bet you'd like this. The first time I heard it, I thought it was Nirvana. Instead it's a Nirvana spin-off band, Bush.

YouTube : Letting the Cables Sleep
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 00:22
    Everyone has such pretty white teeth.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 00:24
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Beautiful country
    Beautiful people
    Beautiful beaches
    Excellent food
    No D64
    She could live in America. She's definitely spent time there.

I have never set foot in the United States, but I've heard everything except the Midwest is really beautiful. If the crime ever gets to me here, Seattle calls me.
  9. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 00:34
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    She could live in America. She's definitely spent time there.

I have never set foot in the United States, but I've heard everything except the Midwest is really beautiful. If the crime ever gets to me here, Seattle calls me.
    Seattle, eh. Beautiful. Modern. It's about as Euro as we get here and there is a thick Liberal presence. Me, I like Dixie. Georgia and Florida especially. I transferred to Texas many years ago and I'm thankful I did because it's about the only state that performed consistently well during the tough periods our economy and job market have suffered.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 00:431 edit
    Seattle, eh. Beautiful. Modern. It's about as Euro as we get here and there is a thick Liberal presence. Me, I like Dixie. Georgia and Florida especially. I transferred to Texas many years ago and I'm thankful I did because it's about the only state that performed consistently well during the tough periods our economy and job market have suffered.
    The South is beautiful I've heard; but too hot for me. I need rain, clouds, mountains + forests, and...under 20 degrees please. South Africa's incredibly beautiful but the heat kills me. The summers are just too hot and there is too much sun, although I'm lucky that I'm quite dark so I dont burn that easily. This sounds weird, but I actually miss the British weather.

I'm lucky where I live that it isn't humid at least. There is at always cold wind from Antarctica at least and the climate is moderated because of the ocean. It makes the summer heat somewhat bearable.
  11. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 00:47
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    The South is beautiful I've heard; but too hot for me. I need rain, clouds, mountains + forests, and...under 20 degrees please. South Africa's incredibly beautiful but the heat kills me. The summers are just too hot and there is too much sun, although I'm lucky that I'm quite dark so I dont burn that easily. This sounds weird, but I actually miss the British weather.
    Well don't you want to have your cake and eat it too, Mr. Fancypants. You live in the sweltering heat of S. Africa and you demand temperatures under 20? Sheesh. I expect you'd be happy with low 100's.

We hit 100+ on a regular basis here for about 5 months straight.
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 00:47
    Separation of church and state.
  13. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 00:53
    Best universities in the world.
    Five of the top 10 are American.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 00:58
    Well don't you want to have your cake and eat it too, Mr. Fancypants. You live in the sweltering heat of S. Africa and you demand temperatures under 20? Sheesh. I expect you'd be happy with low 100's.

Communication breakdown. I temporarily forgot you guys (still) use the imperial system. 20C = 68F.

The Cape has a very unique climate, and the peninsula is one of the world's 6 floral kingdoms due to the peculiar weather. There are microbiomes everywhere. Just Table Mountain has more species of plant than all of the UK. It's not as hot in the Cape as it is in Durban (which is subtropical) for example. On the other hand, Johannesburg is high on a plateau called the "highveld" and it can get quite cold in SA terms. (0 celsius or so). The Karoo desert is about 2 hours from where I live, and there's the Kalahari as well.

South Africa has lots of different climate regions.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 01:00

I only realized the miscommunication when you said 100 degrees. 100C is when water boils! Anything over 30C is unbearable for me.