Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 09 Jan '14 13:08 / 2 edits
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/nyregion/christie-aide-tied-to-bridge-lane-closings.html?_r=0

It appears that Chris Christie is being accused of bullying local democrat officials into endorsing his election bids. Those that don't comply are penalized in various ways, like withholding state funds for bridges in their local districts.

Most would see this a bad news for his Presidential bid, but I see this as just the opposite. We see now in Obama that thugs and liars are the ones who win elections in the US. If so, could this be an indication that Christie will win the GOP nomination and possibly even the Oval Office? Does Chris have the soulless morally bankrupt slimy character that it takes to win in DC?
  2. 09 Jan '14 14:51
    Democrats, in case Christy wins I suggest getting your tax information in order.
  3. 09 Jan '14 15:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/nyregion/christie-aide-tied-to-bridge-lane-closings.html?_r=0

It appears that Chris Christie is being accused of bullying local democrat officials into endorsing his election bids. Those that don't comply are penalized in various ways, like withholding state funds for bridges in their local districts.

Most would see th ...[text shortened]... fice? Does Chris have the soulless morally bankrupt slimy character that it takes to win in DC?
    Only problem, Christie is a Republican. He will not get the free pass that Obama always gets.

Consider William Jefferson who got caught taking a cash bribe. He is a democrat and got reelected AFTER he was caught red-handed.

And everyone remembers Trent Lott being forced to resign as senate majority leader because of vague flattery of a former segregationist (Strom Thurmond) on his 100th birthday. But the media has mostly ignored and forgotten Chris Dodd's comments on former KKK wizard Robert Byrd: I do not think it is an exaggeration at all to say to my friend from West Virginia that he would have been a great senator at any moment,...
    He would have been right at the founding of this country. He would have been in the leadership crafting this Constitution. He would have been right during the great conflict of Civil War in this nation.

Christie is finished as far as presidential bid goes.
  4. 09 Jan '14 15:01
    Democrats, in case Christy wins I suggest getting your tax information in order.
    Funny, but I suspect most employees of the IRS are democrats. It won't be as easy for a Republican to abuse power like Obama has.
  5. 09 Jan '14 15:05

Most would see th ...[text shortened]... fice? Does Chris have the soulless morally bankrupt slimy character that it takes to win in DC?
    "Does Chris have the soulless morally bankrupt slimy character that it takes to win in DC?"

Remember that NJ is the home of the TV Sopranos, and of the real NY mob. The slime of NJ is much the same as that of DC. Christy is Democrat lite anyway.
  6. 09 Jan '14 15:08
    Notice how the thread title is about a republican, yet content wise it is mostly republicans talking about the evils of democrats.

Fascinating stuff.
  7. 09 Jan '14 15:09
    Originally posted by techsouth
    Funny, but I suspect most employees of the IRS are democrats. It won't be as easy for a Republican to abuse power like Obama has.
    Remember that "W" had the NAACP audited.

I think you will find that whoever the dictator may be, they will do their bidding.
  8. 09 Jan '14 15:11
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Notice how the thread title is about a republican, yet content wise it is mostly republicans talking about the evils of democrats.

Fascinating stuff.
    I make no distinction.

Christie is the Democratic favorite to win the GOP nomination. That way they will have effectively nominated someone like them. Then they will try to take his fat arse down to get Hillary in office. However, if the lose they will not be losing much since one of their own vermin kind would take the job.
  9. 09 Jan '14 15:15
    I make no distinction.

Christie is the Democratic favorite to win the GOP nomination. That way they will have effectively nominated someone like them. Then they will try to take his fat arse down to get Hillary in office. However, if the lose they will not be losing much since one of their own vermin kind would take the job.
    Yes, you do make a distinction. This whole paragraph that you just wrote was effectively about the evils of the democrats.

Nevermind, it's quite obvious that people like you are getting more and more irrelevant.
  10. 09 Jan '14 15:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Yes, you do make a distinction. This whole paragraph that you just wrote was effectively about the evils of the democrats.

Nevermind, it's quite obvious that people like you are getting more and more irrelevant.
    The GOP is pure filth. They have not championed anything conservative that I can remember. In fact, they are far worse than democrats because they have to lie to conservatives in order to get elected. At least democrats are proud of their own filth.

How's that? Feel better?
  11. 09 Jan '14 15:17
    At least democrats are proud of their filth.

Can't do it, can you?
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    09 Jan '14 17:29
    Christie resigns!!!

I kid; he pulls a Sgt. Schultz and says he "knew nothing, NOTHING" and then fires his chief of staff without even discussing the matter with her. Believable? Hard to say. If he's lying he is certainly expecting Kelley to fall on her sword for him.

Be interesting to see what happens.
  13. 09 Jan '14 21:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Christie resigns!!!

I kid; he pulls a Sgt. Schultz and says he "knew nothing, NOTHING" and then fires his chief of staff without even discussing the matter with her. Believable? Hard to say. If he's lying he is certainly expecting Kelley to fall on her sword for him.

Be interesting to see what happens.
    Just like what Obama does and just like Obama nothing ever sticks.

If only your own poo did not stick to your underwear. It must be nice
  14. Standard member vivify
    rain
    09 Jan '14 22:22 / 3 edits
    One moment, Obama's a bumbling wuss who can't do anything right, and when it's convenient, you call him an evil, scheming dictator who forces people to bend to his will. Fascinating.
  15. 09 Jan '14 22:29 / 1 edit