Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 11:23
    @lundos said
    Endless immigration. Classic hyperbole.

Also, are you saying that the recent hardening of language and attitude in European/Western countries towards Islamic ones are the reason for this attack?
    No, I said that the reason for that was geopolitics to some degree.

For instance, the destabilization of Syria in the war in Iraq can be seen as acts of Western aggression into the Middle East and thus they helped radicalized and contributed more to the problem.

However, it is also true that islamist ideology itself has to pit itself against the modern West.

In that regard, I don't actually see a big problem. The Middle East has every right to exist as they Wishin to adopt as Auntie Western views as they want. Indeed, I'm very supportive of their autonomy.
  2. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 11:23
    @lundos said
    Yes, tourists never visit Las Vegas, Florida, night clubs or schools.
    Right, I would definitely agree that there are issues with Public Safety and violence in the United States. As I said earlier, this place very well into typical conservative talking points.
  3. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 11:25
    @suzianne said
    I thought Trump said that ISIS was "defeated"?

What about that?
    They have been reduced to such a point that you really can be regarded that way. It doesn't require us to do anything to make it so. Iran, Russia, Syria, Etc can all finish the job.

But I think that everybody understands that Isis isn't the only radical Islamic terrorist group in the world. And when they vanish it means nothing.

I think I even heard some analysis say that Isis is existence was actually useful because it brought many to a single point in the world and had them focused on a single cost for a significant amount of time and does theoretically may have actually diminished some of the pressure that exists elsewhere.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 11:26
    @philokalia said
    Actually it was just a point about terrorism in the point about how Islam tends to motivate extremists attitude.

They feel that they are at war with the Western way of life, end of course some of this is motivated and exacerbated by geopolitical realities.

The real point is that the world isn't this happy, United place where everyone can feel safe everywhere. And the ...[text shortened]... me rates of the United States. There's some relevant analysis there that you might find interesting.
    We also can't expect to have continued births and not have people like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson grow up.

So what?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 12:061 edit
    @philokalia said
    Right, I would definitely agree that there are issues with Public Safety and violence in the United States. As I said earlier, this place very well into typical conservative talking points.
    Fear, Fear, and more Fear.

This is ALL you idiots talk about. Fox News has been proselytizing the Republican Fear Agenda for over two decades now, led by fools like Hannity, Limbaugh and Jones. Spreading your sick ideology of control over the senselessly afraid masses. And now it's all coming home to roost with the election of rich demagogues who will destroy what America once stood for. All while white, racist, poor rednecks stand around (because they're out of a job) cheering them on.

Despite the fact that the world is a significantly safer place, on average, than it has ever been.
  6. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 12:16
    @kazetnagorra said
    We also can't expect to have continued births and not have people like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson grow up.

So what?
    Surely, we can prevent Islamic terrorism in Europe, and we can maintain European identity.

... And we can prevent the rape and grooming gangs that came into Britain in such gross numbers.

Let's also remember: this comes from the second generation, not just the first.

Surely, you see these issues are preventable.

We can't stop native Germans from becoming serial killers, but we sure as heck can prevent a load of other problems by ending mass migration from the middle east and Africa.

You see my point, yes?
  7. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 12:17
    @suzianne said
    Fear, Fear, and more Fear.

This is ALL you idiots talk about. Fox News has been proselytizing the Republican Fear Agenda for over two decades now, led by fools like Hannity, Limbaugh and Jones. Spreading your sick ideology of control over the senselessly afraid masses. And now it's all coming home to roost with the election of rich demagogues who will destroy what Amer ...[text shortened]... spite[/i] the fact that the world is a significantly safer place, on average, than it has ever been.
    Says the woman who invokes Charlottesville and Nazis every time anyone brings up a stance critical of immigration.

You're the bigger fear monger, toots.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 12:34
    @philokalia said
    Surely, we can prevent Islamic terrorism in Europe, and we can maintain European identity.

... And we can prevent the rape and grooming gangs that came into Britain in such gross numbers.

Let's also remember: this comes from the second generation, not just the first.

Surely, you see these issues are preventable.

We can't stop native Germans from becoming ser ...[text shortened]... other problems by ending mass migration from the middle east and Africa.

You see my point, yes?
    But we can stop "native" Germans from becoming serial killers by preventing births.
  9. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 12:48
    @kazetnagorra said
    But we can stop "native" Germans from becoming serial killers by preventing births.
    Oh, right, of course.

Geez, I must look foolish for not thinking that going extinct was a reasonable option for preventing the birth of the criminally insane.

You win this round, Kaz
  10. Germany
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 13:03
    @philokalia said
    Oh, right, of course.

Geez, I must look foolish for not thinking that going extinct was a reasonable option for preventing the birth of the criminally insane.

You win this round, Kaz
    Why is it acceptable to re-introduce the Iron Curtain to stop migrants, but not acceptable to stop births?
  11. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 13:37
    @kazetnagorra said
    Why is it acceptable to re-introduce the Iron Curtain to stop migrants, but not acceptable to stop births?
    In Korea, we don't give out citizenship easily at all and we have strict, logical immigration policies.

Sure don't feel like an iron curtain at all.

Feels exactly appropriate.

And you know what?

Zero grooming gangs.
    Zero foreign ghettos.
    Zero acid attacks.
    Zero terror attacks.
    Zero racism problems.
    Etc.

Our policies are rational and have produced far better results.

And that doesn't make us racist.
  12. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 13:38
    As we speak I'm in a club with my Iranian friends enjoying drinks with many other foreigners here as well.

No iron curtain.

Just logical policies.

Your hyperbole is not an argument.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 13:471 edit
    @philokalia said
    In Korea, we don't give out citizenship easily at all and we have strict, logical immigration policies.

Sure don't feel like an iron curtain at all.

Feels exactly appropriate.

And you know what?

Zero grooming gangs.
    Zero foreign ghettos.
    Zero acid attacks.
    Zero terror attacks.
    Zero racism problems.
    Etc.

Our policies are rational and have produced far better results.

And that doesn't make us racist.
    Germany is more prosperous than South Korea.

It is not "logical" to treat people differently based on where they were born.

Anyway, you haven't answered the question: why is it not acceptable to stop births to prevent some people from growing up to be bad people?
  14. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 15:122 edits
    @wolfgang59 said
    Well this thread started about a double murder in
    Morocco, something probably quite common in US
    and exceedingly uncommon in Morocco. The murder
    rate in US is approx FOUR TIMES HIGHER in US than
    Morocco. So I'm not sure what the discussion is about.
    They were beheaded in the name of religious beliefs.

Does that happen a lot more in the U.S.?
  15. Germany
    Moves
    22 Dec '18 16:05
    @nomorechess said
    They were beheaded in the name of religious beliefs.

Does that happen a lot more in the U.S.?
    Murdered people in the U.S.A. can rest easy knowing that at least they weren't beheaded.