Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 06 May '16 10:03
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UCdFbyL8y0&t=290

i am going to ask you the same thing jimmy kimmel will in this youtube.

Watch this, these people are real scientists. If you're still unconvinced, when we're under water, i hope you are the last one to get a snorkel.
  2. 06 May '16 10:17
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

Watch this, these people are real scientists. If you're still unconvinced, when we're under water, i hope you are the last one to get a snorkel.
    Can they tax us soon enough to save us? :'(
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    06 May '16 10:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    So in other words, you figure it's just a joke.

You must have been paid off by big business just like the rest of the climate change deniers.

So what is your employment? Oil rig inspector? Drill wrangler?

It's amazing how people can be so gullible as to be convinced black is white.

Case in point: Big Tobacco. You remember the senate grilling tobacco?

Where they to the man denied any problem with nicotine even though their own scientists knew there was a big problem with long term use of tobacco.

They had an obvious ax to grind but the real world finally won out and the result?

Now big tobacco didn't stop making death dealing cigarettes, they just shifted the focus to Asia where they are massive smokers and now E-cigarettes which they also tout as harmless.

Funny thing about that is even in Denmark in the 1600's they knew tobacco was bad news but that didn't stop the tobacco industry then either.

Same thing now with climate change deniers. Why don't you examine real close why there would be deniers in the first place?

Do you for instance, think the scientists studying this phenomenon are just stupid or just after more grant money? This huge scientific conspiracy just to garner more of those 10 thousand dollar grants?

Thousands of scientist all in on the big scam?

Come on, who do you think has more to lose if the world really realized they are right?

You think the scientists are what, going to now get billion dollar grants instead?

Follow the money. That will tell you who the deniers are in back of all the bullshyte going on.
  4. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    06 May '16 10:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse

You must have been paid off by big business just like the rest of the climate change deniers.

So what is your employment? Oil rig inspector? Drill wrangler?

It's amazing how people can be so gullible as to be convinced black is white.

Case in point: Big Tobacco. You remember the senate grilling to ...[text shortened]...
    Follow the money. That will tell you who the deniers are in back of all the bullshyte going on.
    Follow the money, you're on to it, there are people whose jobs depend on how scary they can make climate catastrophe sound.

Follow the money sonhouse.
  5. 06 May '16 10:51
    No. He fully accepts that climate change is happening. He just doesn't want to pay for a solution. He has been sold the idea by his political overlords that the only solution to climate change is higher taxes and he is anti-higher taxes.
    The reality of course is that climate change can be dealt with without any changes to taxes and in fact green energy could save everyone a lot of money.
  6. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    06 May '16 10:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No. He fully accepts that climate change is happening. He just doesn't want to pay for a solution. He has been sold the idea by his political overlords that the only solution to climate change is higher taxes and he is anti-higher taxes.
    The reality of course is that climate change can be dealt with without any changes to taxes and in fact green energy could save everyone a lot of money.
    A miraculously free market solution from twhitehead, a view supported by bjorn lomborg, once upon a time a poster boy for greenies. And another advocate for the free market approach, check Alex Epstein.
  7. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    06 May '16 10:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    A miraculously free market solution from twhitehead, a view supported by bjorn lomborg, once upon a time a poster boy for greenies. And another advocate for the free market approach, check Alex Epstein.
    Like he said, when Florida is underwater we sincerely hope you are the last one to get a paddle or snorkel.

One thing climate change will do, get rid of all you denier asssholes. The gene pool of the human race will instantly double for the good.
  8. 06 May '16 11:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    i keep ignoring this because it's so retarded but do you realize additional taxes aren't the only way (or even the best way) to tackle climate change?

what am i saying, of course you don't realize.
  9. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    06 May '16 12:23
    Edit: Typed 'marvellously" and it spell checked to 'miraculously'.
  10. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    06 May '16 12:25
    Hope Kimmel is not one of these folk:

http://pc.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/12-celebrities-who-wallow-in-hypocrisy.html
  11. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    06 May '16 12:30
    Found an Alex Epstein link for ya:

http://pc.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Alex%20Epstein

Kicking control freak ass.
  12. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    06 May '16 12:35
    Like he said, when Florida is underwater we sincerely hope you are the last one to get a paddle or snorkel.

One thing climate change will do, get rid of all you denier asssholes. The gene pool of the human race will instantly double for the good.
    Are you 100% sure 97% of scientists agree with that sonhouse?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what 97% of scientists agree on, or even if that's 97% of climate scientists, what percentage of climate scientists receive money from goobermint?
  13. 06 May '16 12:47
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Are you 100% sure 97% of scientists agree with that sonhouse?

I'm trying to figure out exactly what 97% of scientists agree on, or even if that's 97% of climate scientists, what percentage of climate scientists receive money from goobermint?
    climate change is real, it is man made, and we must take steps to correct it as soon as possible.
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    06 May '16 12:54

When you're getting that last snorkel, will it matter whether you're convinced or not?
  15. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    06 May '16 12:55 / 1 edit
    climate change is real, it is man made, and we must take steps to correct it as soon as possible.
    97% of scientists agree that 100% of climate change is man made?

Where did you get that? From Jimmy Kimmel? Lol