Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 07:254 edits
    What would be Barack Obama's chances of getting elected, if he had featured 5 of his children from 3 different women in the Democratic convention of 2008?

Politics would seem to be an exercise in the art of selective perception

-I apologize for all the edits, sentence structure and punctuation is an exercise in frustration and humiliation for me.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 08:15
    It is strange how Trump has managed to completely throw off all the norms normally associated with being a requirement for a politician. He could announce that he was a gay atheist and nobody would bat an eyelid.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 08:55
    Originally posted by mchill
    What would be Barack Obama's chances of getting elected, if he had featured 5 of his children from 3 different women in the Democratic convention of 2008?

-I apologize for all the edits, sentence structure and punctuation is an exercise in frustration and humiliation for me.
    i don't know, it's not as if the people who voted for Obama are particularly religious.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 11:07

Or we are in a state of lowering standards.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 12:45

Trump is a 'warts and all' candidate, decidedly not 'the representative of your stated ideals' candidate.
    The only show he puts on is the one he always has on: what you see is what you get.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 12:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Or we are in a state of lowering standards.
    What standards? 😠
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 20:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is strange how Trump has managed to completely throw off all the norms normally associated with being a requirement for a politician. He could announce that he was a gay atheist and nobody would bat an eyelid.
    I suspect that some evangelical Christians would notice if Donald Trump declared that he's a
    'gay atheist', though that might be less unpopular than declaring that he's a transgender Muslim.