Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    14 Dec '16 16:40
    I get these via e-mail and love the way Trump, trumps the media.

Let’s face it, any pick Donald Trump makes for his Cabinet will set the liberal media hounds barking. But naming the CEO of Exxon as Secretary of State is like tossing a beef steak into a pound full of pit bulls.

The left’s howls of outrage over Rex Tillerson would have been the biggest story of the day if Trump, a master media manipulator, hadn’t used their own tactics to outfox them. Knowing the media’s obsession with celebrity, he pushed the criticism of Tillerson out of the headlines by meeting with hip-hop star Kanye West and NFL legends Jim Brown and Ray Lewis.

And they were obviously good meetings. Trump made it clear he means to keep his promise to help struggling black communities not with government handouts but by improving education and bringing jobs and economic opportunity to inner cities. Brown said, "I fell in love with him because he really talks about helping African-Americans.” Lewis said, “For us as a black community, for Mr. Trump to step up…that's everything,” and that “black or white is irrelevant” if the Trump Administration can combine “job creation and economic development in these urban areas to change the whole scheme of what our kids see.”

As for West, he wasn’t talking to reporters, but Trump said the two had been “friends for a long time,” and West later tweeted that they talked about multicultural issues, including “bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculums, and violence in Chicago.”

These three men can expect to get a lot of hate on the Internet from people who’ve never actually met or spoken with Trump, but who've only heard from his political enemies that he's a hateful racist. I suspect that false image is already starting to fade because Trump seems determined to keep his promises to the African-American community. He really intends to show residents of cities that have been run into the ground by decades of Democratic rule that there is a better way, and that despite Hillary’s $1.2 billion smear campaign, he was really elected because he promotes economic opportunity, not racism.

I believe the greatest fear of liberals is that the “identity politics” they’ve worked so hard to promote will wither away if the groups they’ve pitted against one another realize they’ve been sold a bill of goods about Republicans in general and Trump in particular, and that it’s better for all Americans to work together than to be hyphenated Americans at each other’s throats.

A great Democrat once said, “We have nothing to fear but fear itself.” The modern Democratic Party is in trouble because its longtime supporters are beginning to realize that it has nothing to sell but fear itself.

Sincerely,

Mike Huckabee
  2. 14 Dec '16 16:50 / 1 edit
    All that can be known is that Trump is rich and everyone he picks is also rich and unqualified.

Trump simply does not know enough community organizers to put in his cabinet apparently.
  3. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    14 Dec '16 18:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    All that can be known is that Trump is rich and everyone he picks is also rich and unqualified.

Trump simply does not know enough community organizers to put in his cabinet apparently.
    Time will tell, but I think he was genuinely worried about the direction the country was taking. But at this point, almost anyone was better than Obama or HC.
  4. 14 Dec '16 18:27
    Donald Trump has said the United States' GDP is "zero." With sufficient work with the best people perhaps he can raise GDP above zero, but I'm not very confident.
  5. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    14 Dec '16 18:43
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Donald Trump has said the United States' GDP is "zero." With sufficient work with the best people perhaps he can raise GDP above zero, but I'm not very confident.
    Like I said.... Time will tell, but he will be slowed by all the media and liberal attacks.
  6. 14 Dec '16 18:45
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Like I said.... Time will tell, but he will be slowed by all the media and liberal attacks.
    Why doesn't it surprise me that you (like Donald Trump) don't know what GDP is?