Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 11 Oct '11 23:44
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/11/us-usa-jobs-idUSTRE79A4D220111011

There never was any doubt about this, so Obama wasted another nice chunk of our time and money......... kind of like wasting time on his health care issue, when the economy was diving........
  2. 12 Oct '11 00:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/11/us-usa-jobs-idUSTRE79A4D220111011

There never was any doubt about this, so Obama wasted another nice chunk of our time and money......... kind of like wasting time on his health care issue, when the economy was diving........
    But now we can blame the GOP and the Tea Party for convincing the majority of democrats in the Senate to nix the bill.
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    12 Oct '11 00:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    But now we can blame the GOP and the Tea Party for convincing the majority of democrats in the Senate to nix the bill.
    Every Democrat but two voted for the bill. It was killed, as usual, by a bloc Republican filibuster.
  4. 12 Oct '11 00:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Every Democrat but two voted for the bill. It was killed, as usual, by a bloc Republican filibuster.
    I should have known. Why don't they just have one represetative from the GOP and one from the Democrats cast one vote each. It would save time and money.
  5. 12 Oct '11 01:49
    Yes but the wealthy pigs are saved. And the GOP priority of having no future for the US continues to thrive.
  6. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    12 Oct '11 02:07
    I should have known. Why don't they just have one represetative from the GOP and one from the Democrats cast one vote each. It would save time and money.
    Do you approve of the bill being killed by a bloc Republican filibuster?
  7. 12 Oct '11 02:28
    Huge, wouldn't it be more honest to say Senate REPUBLICANS killed the jobs bill since it they filibustered it?
  8. 12 Oct '11 02:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    This two vote deflection was from who? Bet it was from Senators who face re election a year from now.

This was DOA and a cynical ploy to attempt to divert blame for his failures to Republicans.
  9. 12 Oct '11 02:33
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Huge, wouldn't it be more honest to say Senate REPUBLICANS killed the jobs bill since it they filibustered it?
    Two democrats joined, and the cloture vote was called by the Rs.
  10. 12 Oct '11 02:34
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Yes but the wealthy pigs are saved. And the GOP priority of having no future for the US continues to thrive.
    "Wealthy pigs"? Hating or ripping off the wealthy doesn't create a single job or help a lower income person.
  11. 12 Oct '11 02:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you approve of the bill being killed by a bloc Republican filibuster?
    I do not approve of the filibuster, although I'm against this particular bill.
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    12 Oct '11 03:27
    So you think it should have been passed?
  13. 12 Oct '11 04:05
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Two democrats joined, and the cloture vote was called by the Rs.
    The Republicans voted unanimously to filibuster the bill.

It. Was. Filibustered. By. The. Republicans.

Shame on the 2 defectors but the Republicans would have won the filibuster regardless. Of course, they realize that a slagging economy is good for them in '12.
  14. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    12 Oct '11 05:09
    Why have a president, a house of representatives (or whatever) AND a bloody senate???

One organ to do things is more than enough and one to make sure it's done proper.
    I think the US government is a waste of tax payers money.
  15. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    12 Oct '11 05:27
    How convenient for you, to be able to straddle the fence.