Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 23 Nov '17 14:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    He didn't. Nor should he.
    I think you should at least see the pictures before committing to a position first.

It's beyond disgusting.
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    23 Nov '17 20:03
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I have no love for Moore, but I do oppose people simply brining allegations to destroy others without any ability to verify such claims. As I have pointed out, some of the evidence, like his signature, was shown to be a fake.

Do you disagree?

I also agree that the 2 party system is poison when it comes to seeking justice. No one wants justice, they just want a winning team.
    whodey: As I have pointed out, some of the evidence, like his signature, was shown to be a fake.

All you pointed out was that right wing blogs were claiming that the signature was a fake; that hardly "shows" that it was. What it does show, given the extreme implausibility of such claim under the circumstances (as I showed in the thread you started concerning the matter), is that the right wing is desperate for the Republicans to hold onto the Alabama Senate seat and don't care if they need to support a sexual assaulter of teenagers to do it.
  3. 23 Nov '17 20:09
    Originally posted by @whodey
    What is a sexpool you may ask? Well, we all know what a dead pool is, same concept. At least I have everyone's attention.

Today we have another GOP Congressman seemingly biting the dust.

Congressman Joe Barton takes some nude photos of himself to send to his girl friend and wonders why they wound up on the internet.

And I thought Hillary was stupid.
    Is this Obama’s fault? Somehow...?
  4. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    23 Nov '17 20:15
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Why would anyone lose his job over sending naked pictures of himself to his girlfriend??
    Americans are prudes.
  5. 24 Nov '17 16:27
    Neil De Grasse is the next on the sexpool list

A woman now accuses him of drugging her Cosby style and....well.....you know.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22912/former-grad-student-accuses-neil-de-grasse-tyson-emily-zanotti#
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    24 Nov '17 18:22
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    The problem hardly seems confined to the Congress:

Since last year, at least 40 lawmakers – nearly all men – in 20 states have been publicly accused by more than 100 people of some form of sexual misconduct or harassment, a USA TODAY NETWORK analysis found.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/20/sexual-harassment-statehouses/882874001/
    So I guess there is something in the concept of abstinence eh.
  7. 24 Nov '17 18:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Americans are prudes.
    Right, that must be why folk like Harvey Weinstein and Roman Polanski run to Europe for their freedom.

In Europe, women and children are thrown to the wolves it seems.
  8. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    25 Nov '17 10:30 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I’m not exaxctly sure if dick pics are sexual assault.

Pathetic (usually) and pretry weird (thinking anyone could be so interested in your nether regions)... but I can’t really think of it as harassment.

I’m just thinking what I’d think if someone was sending me pics of their nuts...
    After laughing, I’d just post their name and picture on facebook...
    There is a fine line, or rather a grey area, between sexual assault and mere tastelessness, and the line/area gradually moves over time. Obviously we are well passed the days when Fred and Ethel Mertz embodied the standard of propriety.

When public figures cross the line, it seems to be drawn a bit more strictly than for people not in the public eye; this is not a bad thing, as public figures often function as role models (whether consciously or not).

EDIT: I once knew a woman who was titillated by watching men shave. When I asked her about it, she explained that a man combs his hair as if he were raking leaves, but shaves like a brain surgeon. She definitely preferred wet shaves to electric. I let her watch; it was no skin off my … er… nose.
  9. 25 Nov '17 13:08
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    whodey: As I have pointed out, some of the evidence, like his signature, was shown to be a fake.

All you pointed out was that right wing blogs were claiming that the signature was a fake; that hardly "shows" that it was. What it does show, given the extreme implausibility of such claim under the circumstances (as I showed in the thread you started c ...[text shortened]... ama Senate seat and don't care if they need to support a sexual assaulter of teenagers to do it.
    Why not present it to a court rather than mindless speculation first before coming to a conclusion?
  10. 29 Nov '17 12:50
    Matt Lauer is the latest victim.

Fired for sexual harassment.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/29/media/matt-lauer/index.html
  11. 29 Nov '17 14:39
    This just in, the entire cast of SNL just wrote a letter about Matt Lauer about what a swell guy he is and all.

Mwhahahaha!!!
  12. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    30 Nov '17 18:11
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I’m not exaxctly sure if dick pics are sexual assault.

Pathetic (usually) and pretry weird (thinking anyone could be so interested in your nether regions)... but I can’t really think of it as harassment.

I’m just thinking what I’d think if someone was sending me pics of their nuts...
    After laughing, I’d just post their name and picture on facebook...
    If I understand it correctly, he sent the pics to a woman he was having consensual sex with, not exacty on the level of a Kevin Spacey or Harvey.
  13. 01 Dec '17 04:29 / 2 edits
    I hear Matt Lauer had a button under his desk that when pushed it locked the door in his office.

Creepy.

I then picture a bed coming down out of the wall with a disco ball extending down from the ceiling and Barry White music starting simultaneously as the light goes dim.

Imagine, he was making about $20 million a year doing this.

Hysterical.

What is not funny is that everyone knew, yet everyone claims not to have known and kept it hidden for years and years.