Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 18:07
    Also listed as 5 Broken Cameras. Emad Burnat filmed for years the brutality of the Israeli's in a Palestinian town caled Bilin.

If you want to see just what the Israeli's are doing to the Palestinians, watch this film. I saw it on Link TV, from Dish.

Israeli settlers themselves burning Bilin villagers olive trees.

I once thought a solution would be for Palestinians to resettle in Jordan but that is clearly never going to happen. But the Palestinians may eventually be driven all the way back to the sea with no land at all. What then?
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 18:57
    They learn to fish. Or drown trying
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 20:16
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    They learn to fish. Or drown trying
    In other words there is nothing wrong with what the Israeli's are doing.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 20:492 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Also listed as 5 Broken Cameras. Emad Burnat filmed for years the brutality of the Israeli's in a Palestinian town caled Bilin.

If you want to see just what the Israeli's are doing to the Palestinians, watch this film. I saw it on Link TV, from Dish.

I once thought a solution wou ...[text shortened]... alestinians may eventually be driven all the way back to the sea with no land at all. What then?
    When the western world gives a damn about the brutal stabbing murder of Ari Fuld last week as he was sitting eating lunch at a shopping mall for no other reason than that he was Jewish, I'll worry about the burning of a few trees.

Incidentally, the Palestinians aren't being "driven" anywhere. They live on the land they live on. They aren't being expelled from anywhere. And what does "driven back to the sea" even mean in this case?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 13:56
    Originally posted by @sh76
    When the western world gives a damn about the brutal stabbing murder of Ari Fuld last week as he was sitting eating lunch at a shopping mall for no other reason than that he was Jewish, I'll worry about the burning of a few trees.

Incidentally, the Palestinians aren't being "driven" anywhere. They live on the land they live on. They aren't being expelled from anywhere. And what does "driven back to the sea" even mean in this case?
    Exactly what planet are you living on? Did you actually watch the video? Did you perhaps see the huge apartment building settlements built on former Palestinian lands?
    I and my family lived in Jerusalem for years and I saw this from both sides, where a musician friend, Muriel, lost her instruments as a street musician and the bomber's head actually hit her body in a suicide bombing. She stayed at our flat in Jerusalem and we picked out bits of broken glass from her hair for 3 days.
    We also had friends on the Palestinian side and saw how the Israeli government saw fit to take about 99.9% of water from the Jordan, leaving the Palestinians with water that was so toxic you can't even grow crops with it much less even washing clothes to say nothing of actually drinking that toxic brew.

That was partially taken care of by a 50 million dollar Red Sea desalinization plant put in place.

I also know full well the position of hard core Palestinians where they call for the death of Israel and so forth but the mismatch of military power is quite obvious, I don't know if the Palestinians even have a single helicopter in their military much less an entire air force of the latest US war jets.

So when the Palestinians demonstrate, it is rocks against Israeli troops armed with Uzi's and AR15's and such and gas cannister launchers. Yep, those Palestinians are a real threat to Israeli military.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 14:43
    Exactly what planet are you living on? Did you actually watch the video? Did you perhaps see the huge apartment building settlements built on former Palestinian lands?
    I and my family lived in Jerusalem for years and I saw this from both sides, where a musician friend, Muriel, lost her instruments as a street musician and the bomber's head actually hit h ...[text shortened]... such and gas cannister launchers. Yep, those Palestinians are a real threat to Israeli military.
    The Palestinians are terrorist supported by the surrounding arab states...peddle your lies elsewhere.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 15:492 edits
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    The Palestinians are terrorist supported by the surrounding arab states...peddle your lies elsewhere.
    The surrounding Arab states consider Palestinians the same way blacks were considered niggers a hundred years ago in the US. Why don't you ask yourself why Jordan has not stepped in and offered land to the Gaza Palestinians? That would be because they don't WANT them there and the ones already there are considered third class citizens.
    So peddle YOUR bullshyte elsewhere, nazi.

Did you ever even VISIT Israel or anywhere in the middle East? I assume therefore you only get your stories from Faux News.

I know good and well Palestinians have done many terrorist attacks, we were there and saw some of them up close and personal, myself getting shot at by one, he missed. And our musician friend Muriel had a bomber's head hit her, she was busking ATT and we picked out glass from her hair for 3 days, she stayed at our flat, she was mentally a wreck. We know all about that side of it.

What is lost on you is there actually IS a Palestinian side and I hope someday they will alter their constitution to allow the idea that Israel can exist.

But that does not say anything about the brutality going on by the Israeli military and the absolutely illegal expansion of the settlements into what was formerly Palestinian lands.
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 16:49

I once thought a solution wou ...[text shortened]... alestinians may eventually be driven all the way back to the sea with no land at all. What then?
    Deuteronomy 20:19
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 17:20
    So when the Palestinians demonstrate, it is rocks against Israeli troops armed with Uzi's and AR15's and such and gas cannister launchers. Yep, those Palestinians are a real threat to Israeli military.[/b]
    One Tin Soldier
    Things don't change, people just change places.
    Ad infinitum
    Ad absurdum
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 18:021 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse to Mott-the-Hoopie
    The surrounding Arab states consider Palestinians the same way blacks were considered niggers a hundred years ago in the US. Why don't you ask yourself why Jordan has not stepped in and offered land to the Gaza Palestinians? That would be because they don't WANT them there and the ones already there are considered third class citizens. ...[text shortened]... nd the absolutely illegal expansion of the settlements into what was formerly Palestinian lands.
    "Why don't you ask yourself why Jordan has not stepped in and offered land to the Gaza Palestinians?"
    --Sonhouse

Why should Arab countries ALONE be expected to 'compensate' the Palestinians for their oppression by Israel?

Do fanatical American supporters of Israel expect black African countries to offer free land
    and other aid to 'compensate' black Americans oppressed by racism in the USA?

Israel's responsible (the USA's responsible for enabling Israel) for its oppression of the Palestinians.
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 18:05
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    You are truly the definition of ignorant moron.
    Even more so than that wayomi or whatever the sushi’s bloody name is.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 18:093 edits
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople to Sonhouses
    Facts are irrelevant to a hateful racist pro-Israeli American troll like Mott-the-Hoopie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre

In 1982 Lebanon, several hundred to a few thousand helpless Palestinian refugees were
    massacred by a right-wing Lebanese Christian militia actively supported by Israel.
    Given the massacre took place at night, the IDF reportedly fired flares to help illuminate
    the refugee camp to make it easier for its Lebanese Christian allies to hunt down, rape,
    torture, and murder Palestinian civilians (mostly women and children).

To his credit, one Israeli officer, after hearing screams from Palestinians being raped or murdered,
    wanted the IDF (which had surrounded the camp) to intervene to stop the ongoing massacre,
    but he was overruled by his commander.

Israel and the USA have successfully bullied Egypt and Jordan (if they ever had any inclination otherwise) not to support the Palestinians.
    Lebanon's deeply divided, and the Lebanese regard Palestinian refugees as unwelcome interlopers.
    Syria's Assad, who has fought hard against a Sunni uprising, has no love lost for the mostly Sunni Palestinians.
    Saudi Arabia cares much more about fighting Iran than about helping the Palestinians.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 22:48
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    You are truly the definition of ignorant moron.
    Even more so than that wayomi or whatever the sushi’s bloody name is.
    That's a tossup, eh.