Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    04 Jan '10 23:21 / 1 edit
    http://tinyurl.com/yf5h9qh

I was torn on the issue until i watched the accompanying video clip, now i think the person in the clip should be expelled from Britain.

What are your opinions? Should the march on Wooten basset by Islam4UK be allowed to go ahead?
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    05 Jan '10 00:53
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound

I was torn on the issue until i watched the accompanying video clip, now i think the person in the clip should be expelled from Britain.

What are your opinions? Should the march on Wooten basset by Islam4UK be allowed to go ahead?
    Nah; let them talk. Let everyone see what they have to say. Let clowns like this proudly proclaim to the World that they promise hellfire to everyone but those who embrace Islam. Let the moderate Muslims and the rest of the World see what they're up against. Oppressing their speech just makes them martyrs. In the marketplace of ideas, this fellow has a particularly abhorrent set of wares. Let him show them off. What have we to be afraid of?
  3. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    05 Jan '10 01:07 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Nah; let them talk. Let everyone see what they have to say. Let clowns like this proudly proclaim to the World that they promise hellfire to everyone but those who embrace Islam. Let the moderate Muslims and the rest of the World see what they're up against. Oppressing their speech just makes them martyrs. In the marketplace of ideas, this fellow has a particularly abhorrent set of wares. Let him show them off. What have we to be afraid of?
    Maybe putting a bullet in these guys heads will stop them persuading some little nigerian kid to strap nitro to their wang, and making fools of themselves. . .the tollerant approach doesn't seem to work.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    05 Jan '10 01:26
    Maybe putting a bullet in these guys heads will stop them persuading some little nigerian kid to strap nitro to their wang, and making fools of themselves. . .the tollerant approach doesn't seem to work.
    Not if their spiritual leaders are telling the next guy in line that the guy with the bullet in his head is a martyr and he's going up to his reward.

There are too many of them; you can't shut all the extremists up. You need to beat them at the PR game.
  5. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    05 Jan '10 01:54
    Not if their spiritual leaders are telling the next guy in line that the guy with the bullet in his head is a martyr and he's going up to his reward.

There are too many of them; you can't shut all the extremists up. You need to beat them at the PR game.
    Ship the guy to Yemen, and refuse him entry to the UK...He'll shut up quick enough when we're not paying his benifits.
  6. 05 Jan '10 05:53
    Have you noticed, if any of the moderate Muslims have ever turned in a suspected terrorist? or?
  7. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    05 Jan '10 07:20
    Nah; let them talk. Let everyone see what they have to say.
    Whoa! Who would have thought? I agree with you, man.
  8. 05 Jan '10 13:06

Its a very sensetive area "Wooten Bassett", they have shown absolute respect to fallen heroes coming through the town .
    The reason, we are told the Brittish forces are in Afghanistan ,is to stop further terrorist atrocities happening on Brittish soil .
    Its up to the individual if you believe that or not ,but you have to respect the young men and women who are putting their lives at risk for us !
    I would say to all those" Islam4uk "planning on marching there [ it will not happen ,thay will say " we cancelled it because of death threats ,and respect to the people of Wooten " march down to Dover ,buy a one way ticket to France ,go to a Muslim country and live there !!!
  9. 05 Jan '10 16:45

A good topic. The town has been used to mourn the fallen soldiers. It is simply about respecting the dead and families beginning the long healing process. Any attempt to politicise those streets is an absolute disgrace and should be prevented. It will do nothing for the Islamic cause, and possibly even be counter-productive.

Why don't they have their protest in London, and leave the place of mourning alone?
  10. 05 Jan '10 17:10

I believe the march should not be stopped, considering their proponents are only using their freedom of speech, however, the individual in the clip strikes me as being an extremist and therefore potentially dangerous; these are the kind of people who are likely to radicalize other muslims.
  11. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    05 Jan '10 17:16
    Originally posted by twiceaknight
    A good topic. The town has been used to mourn the fallen soldiers. It is simply about respecting the dead and families beginning the long healing process. Any attempt to politicise those streets is an absolute disgrace and should be prevented. It will do nothing for the Islamic cause, and possibly even be counter-productive.

Why don't they have their protest in London, and leave the place of mourning alone?
    I agree.
    Normally I am in favour of marches and demonstrations but NOT here.

Islamic extremists should be allowed a forum but not in Wooten Bassett.

Its as sensible as having a hog calling contest outside a mosque.