Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 23:05
    If illegal drugs are coming in undetected over the weaker sections of the U.S.-Mexico border... how does anyone know it?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 23:32
    @handyandy said
    If illegal drugs are coming in undetected over the weaker sections of the U.S.-Mexico border... how does anyone know it?
    Nancy Pelosi and company know for certain that this is not happening.

Only because they are omnipotent and omnipresent
  3. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 01:18
    @handyandy said
    The news, man. Smugglers dig cross border tunnels, with elevators, ventilation shafts, lighting, tracks, ....about 250 of the upscale ones discovered in the last 17 years. The lib news sources don’t report this. I can’t blame them. What would the Lemon glaze-donut-face person on CNN do with the conflict!!! Trucks and trains that are NOT at ports of entry are just sailing. Produce vehicles.....even catapults!

The stations y’all watch simply do not report it. It would not be in their interest. Reporting, by ALL news sources is , yes, all about making money. FOX too. So, pick one. That tells it all.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 01:40
    Anyone who thinks that walls stop drugs getting through is simple-minded. Tunnels, drones, human flying mules, boats, vehicles with secret compartments, even Mister FedEx still exist.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 02:341 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    The news, man. Smugglers dig cross border tunnels, with elevators, ventilation shafts, lighting, tracks, ....about 250 of the upscale ones discovered in the last 17 years. The lib news sources don’t report this. I can’t blame them. What would the Lemon glaze-donut-face person on CNN do with the conflict!!! Trucks and trains that are NOT at ports of entry are just sailing ...[text shortened]... g, by ALL news sources is , yes, all about making money. FOX too. So, pick one. That tells it all.
    In other words, you have nothing to offer but idle speculation and ridicule.
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 02:38
    @AverageJoe1

Yellow journalism has always been more profitable than honest reporting.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 10:01
    @handyandy said
    Common sense.
    It's easier to hide a drug bundle in a car than make someone carry it by foot through the desert. Even if those drugs are found, hundreds of other cars can get through and recoup the loss. How many mexicans must travel by foot to get the same amount of drugs across?

Statistics
    If you find X cars with drugs out of Y checked cars, and Z is the total amount of cars that cross, you can make an informed guesstimate how many drugs pass through in total (because it's naive to think all those unchecked cars are clean)
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 10:02
    @handyandy said
    If a tree falls over in the woods and there is nobody around to hear it does it make any sound?
  9. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 15:29
    @deepthought said
    If a tree falls over in the woods and there is nobody around to hear it does it make any sound?
    The better answer is that there are many many many people getting drugs in this country.....so, that equates to many, many, many pounds of drugs that 'make it' in from Somewhere. If drugs are being confiscated at the ports of entry, and there are still drugs coming in, then they must be coming in from somewhere else!!!!. I made a 'A' in statistics, by the way/ (not really, but,, you see the logic, I hope).
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 15:44
    @averagejoe1 said
    The news, man. Smugglers dig cross border tunnels, with elevators, ventilation shafts, lighting, tracks, ....about 250 of the upscale ones discovered in the last 17 years. The lib news sources don’t report this. I can’t blame them. What would the Lemon glaze-donut-face person on CNN do with the conflict!!! Trucks and trains that are NOT at ports of entry are just sailing ...[text shortened]... g, by ALL news sources is , yes, all about making money. FOX too. So, pick one. That tells it all.
    I've heard all this before. On CNN.
    FOX on the other hand just has Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity spewing propaganda every night.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 16:221 edit
    @deepthought said
    Or, as Einstein asked: Does the moon exist if nobody looks at it? The answer to that
    question, as well as the tree conundrum and the drug conjecture, requires assumptions.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 16:40
    @averagejoe1 said
    The better answer is that there are many many many people getting drugs in this country.....so, that equates to many, many, many pounds of drugs that 'make it' in from Somewhere. If drugs are being confiscated at the ports of entry, and there are still drugs coming in, then they must be coming in from somewhere else!!!!. I made a 'A' in statistics, by the way/ (not really, but,, you see the logic, I hope).
    Wrong assumption. How thorough are the searches at the ports of entry?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 16:42
    @AverageJoe1
    So you are fully convinced the idea of the large majority, 90% of drugs incoming, are NOT coming in at ports of entry? Like in hidden compartments of cars, trucks, boats, planes, whatever? So you think instead, 90% of these drugs are carried by human mules across the border in the desert?
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 17:30
    @averagejoe1 said
    How do you know that the drugs you allege exist are not home produced?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 17:42
    @handyandy said
    emergency room and coroner stats.