Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81225
    28 Apr '18 12:13
    liberals love islam but hate slavery...how can you do both? damned liberals...

    https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/04/islam-has-a-proud-tradition-of-tolerance-said-barack-obama-lets-test-his-theory
  2. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    28 Apr '18 16:27
    What do you mean by "liberals love islam"? Aren't most self-identified liberals in the U.S. either Christians or non-believers? Wouldn't they convert to Islam if they "loved" it?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10957
    28 Apr '18 19:20
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    What do you mean by "liberals love islam"? Aren't most self-identified liberals in the U.S. either Christians or non-believers? Wouldn't they convert to Islam if they "loved" it?
    Coincidentally, a Christian (Romans) in the SF made the strange claim today that 'atheists loved Islam' and were always trying to promote it.

    Don't even know where to begin pointing out the flaws in that argument.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39949
    28 Apr '18 20:15
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Coincidentally, a Christian (Romans) in the SF made the strange claim today that 'atheists loved Islam' and were always trying to promote it.

    Don't even know where to begin pointing out the flaws in that argument.
    Seemingly to right wingers a reluctance to deport all Muslims (even ones born in Western countries) coupled with an unwillingness to bomb and.or invade Muslim Countries X, Y, Z etc. etc. equates to unrequited passion for those of that religious persuasion.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10957
    28 Apr '18 20:26
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Seemingly to right wingers a reluctance to deport all Muslims (even ones born in Western countries) coupled with an unwillingness to bomb and.or invade Muslim Countries X, Y, Z etc. etc. equates to unrequited passion for those of that religious persuasion.
    So it would appear.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    28 Apr '18 20:28
    Would you rather live next door to a Muslim or Hoople?
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81225
    28 Apr '18 23:25
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Would you rather live next door to a Muslim or Hoople?
    I have yet to cut anyones head off...can you say that for your Islamic friends?
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81225
    28 Apr '18 23:26
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    What do you mean by "liberals love islam"? Aren't most self-identified liberals in the U.S. either Christians or non-believers? Wouldn't they convert to Islam if they "loved" it?
    Oh, I thought liberals were all against Trumps travel ban.
  9. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    29 Apr '18 07:31
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Oh, I thought liberals were all against Trumps travel ban.
    You don't have to "love Islam" to oppose racism, discrimination, and/or violations of your constitution.
  10. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56255
    29 Apr '18 07:47
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I have yet to cut anyones head off...can you say that for your Islamic friends?
    Funnily enough, the same can be said about all my moslim neighbours.

    Hell, even the Americans I know haven’t tortured people in illegal prisons.

    I wonder if there’s a lesson there.
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56255
    29 Apr '18 07:48
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Oh, I thought liberals were all against Trumps travel ban.
    Yes. What’s that got to do with anything?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10957
    29 Apr '18 08:09
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I have yet to cut anyones head off...can you say that for your Islamic friends?
    You've certainly bored my head off.
  13. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22062
    29 Apr '18 10:34
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You've certainly bored my head off.
    Like a boll weevil on a cotton bloom? 😀
  14. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    29 Apr '18 21:341 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra to Mott-the-Hoopie
    You don't have to "love Islam" to oppose racism, discrimination, and/or violations of your constitution.
    Indeed, some 'liberals' even have supported the legal right of white supremacists to vent their hateful racist speech.

    As an atheist, I would say that atheists prefer that Islam (and other religions) would eventually disappear.
    (I know some Muslims by birth who have become atheists, at least in private.)
    But the disappearance of Islam should be achieved by peaceful reasoning, NOT by the
    genocide of Muslims. Persecuting Muslims will only make most of them turn more to Islam.

    Given that atheists are a religious minority who encounter adverse discrimination at least in the USA,
    atheists may have a vested interest in opposing the persecution of other religious minorities
    (such as Muslims) in the USA.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81225
    29 Apr '18 23:57
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Indeed, some 'liberals' even have supported the legal right of white supremacists to vent their hateful racist speech.

    As an atheist, I would say that atheists prefer that Islam (and other religions) would eventually disappear.
    (I know some Muslims by birth who have become atheists, at least in private.)
    But the disappearance of Islam should be achie ...[text shortened]... nterest in opposing the persecution of other religious minorities
    (such as Muslims) in the USA.
    thx sixty foe for displaying one way liberals support islam.
Back to Top