Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 03 Jan '18 19:57
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    You are more at risk of mental illness.
    WTF does that even mean?
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    03 Jan '18 20:05
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Why do you think you must personally know someone to know about them? You asked a question, I answered, you didn't like the answer, that's all.
    So you think it's okay to just continue being an uninformed homophobe? Mission accomplished.
  3. 03 Jan '18 20:22
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    So you think it's okay to just continue being an uninformed homophobe? Mission accomplished.
    Never desired to be informed about homosexuality. Are you a homosexual?
  4. 03 Jan '18 20:53
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Here's one for you:
    Most women know exactly why some men drive huge 4x4's.

Same reason why some men talk big on a chess website.

Overcompensation.
    I recall a famous quote on Seinfeld from Elaine.
    "I don't know how you guys can walk around with those things"

So what you are saying is ...
    "I don't know how you guys can drive around in those things".
  5. 03 Jan '18 23:23 / 1 edit
    So you admit your ignorance on the subject. You sir, have defeated yourself.
  6. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    03 Jan '18 23:23
    No. Why does that matter one whit?

Are you racist because you're white?
  7. Subscriber kmax87
    Steam Roller Captain
    04 Jan '18 00:43
    Why do you try to portray homosexuality as >loving relationships<?
    By and large it is mostly one time hookups. As an RVer I have saw these hookup places....
    And to what extent have you seen heterosexual hook-up culture with bars serving up alcohol, the social lubricant that makes the one night stand possible? How many truckstops have you overnighted in where young girls are pimped to long haul drivers to spend some downtime in their sleeping berth.

The behaviour between homosexuals is not unique in this regard. If you were being consistent in the matter, you might observe that it's possibly because of the mainstream cultures attitudes to casual sex, that those who define themselves as being homosexual have also gone that way.
  8. Subscriber kmax87
    Steam Roller Captain
    04 Jan '18 01:18
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Equally, the title could read: So you think you’re gay, do you?

A very interesting article from the BBC about the invention of heterosexuality; that sexuality is something other that a reproductive drive, that the term changed in the early 20th century and that the perceived moral of homosexuality being unnatural stems more from stoicism than the bible ...[text shortened]... com/future/story/20170315-the-invention-of-heterosexuality

I wonder what you all think of it!
    I read the article and I'm not sure if I'm missing something due to what looks largely like a semantic argument. Too be honest I got a bit lost near the end and gave up.

Is it saying we all have every aspect of sexual orientation inside of us and it's only because of social pressure that we conform to a "heterosexual orientation is normal" paradigm?

Personally I think he gets the story muddled about biblical injunctions against masturbation. The masturbation is sin business I think is overstated. The sin of Onan was really the sin of denying livelyhood. Onan was obligated by Levitical law to impregnate his dead brother's wife so that she would continue to share in the land. She needed offspring of the brothers bloodline to be assured this.

Onan practicing birth control on the job denied this woman her right, which would leave her destitute. But this argument makes the Bible sound less moral guide and more Marxist advocate, and who has time these days to listen to a commie manifesto that acknowledges the rights of everyone to share in the means of production?
  9. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    04 Jan '18 07:35
    Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban.

What kind of person does what you just did? You represent liberals well.
    A: I’m not a liberal.
    B: The evolved quote is a complete representation of your origin quote: you are a moron. There’s just different ways of saying so.
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    04 Jan '18 07:37
    Originally posted by @ptriple42
    If you accept Evolution's postulate that life is based on the survival of the species, then homosexuality has to be considered an abnormal condition, no matter its origins.
    Not read the article either.

I did clearly state in the OP I wanted opinions on the article and not just people opening their gob and defecating their stupidity over us all.
  11. 04 Jan '18 12:13
    A: I’m not a liberal.
    B: The evolved quote is a complete representation of your origin quote: you are a moron. There’s just different ways of saying so.
    Look man, I was going to let your quote abuse slide...I will now seek to have you removed.
  12. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    04 Jan '18 15:17
    Equally, the title could read: So you think you’re gay, do you?

A very interesting article from the BBC about the invention of heterosexuality; that sexuality is something other that a reproductive drive, that the term changed in the early 20th century and that the perceived moral of homosexuality being unnatural stems more from stoicism than the bible ...[text shortened]... com/future/story/20170315-the-invention-of-heterosexuality

I wonder what you all think of it!
    Why is it so important to put a label on people?

-VR
  13. Subscriber kmax87
    Steam Roller Captain
    04 Jan '18 15:36 / 1 edit
    Look man, I was going to let your quote abuse slide...I will now seek to have you removed.
    If you can get Shav removed for quote abuse, then maybe I'll bother to get you removed for being wantonly childish and stupid, your posts constituting a total abuse of intelligent debate.
  14. Subscriber kmax87
    Steam Roller Captain
    04 Jan '18 15:45
    Do you honestly think anyone is eagerly rushing to debates to engage with you in your childish clickbait threads?
  15. Subscriber kmax87
    Steam Roller Captain
    04 Jan '18 15:50
    But you're engaging in a thread about sexuality, which includes homosexuality. If you prefer not to be informed, does that mean your purpose here is simply to troll and be abusive?