Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    11 May '18 07:301 edit
    In 2020 the (Sesame) Social Credit System (SCS) will be mandatory, but we already see the dystopian Chinese fascist government spreading their system on companies outside the Chinese border.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/josh-rogin/wp/2018/05/05/white-house-calls-chinas-threats-to-airlines-orwellian-nonsense/?noredirect=on

From the article:
    The Chinese Communist Party can be forgiven for believing it can use a version of its social credit system on American companies. Nobody has pushed back on this so far. The White House is pledging to start doing that now. It’s a recognition that, as a White House official told me, “China is out of control.”

Three things to discuss:
    1. Will we see a government controlled Social Credit System in the West? (If we do, then who will propose it first?)
    2. Is China out of control?
    3. Will this create 'better' citizens?

Another article about the effects of the SCS:
    http://nordic.businessinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4?op=1&r=US&IR=T
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 May '18 12:22
    Originally posted by @lundos
    In 2020 the (Sesame) Social Credit System (SCS) will be mandatory, but we already see the dystopian Chinese fascist government spreading their system on companies outside the Chinese border.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/josh-rogin/wp/2018/05/05/white-house-calls-chinas-threats-to-airlines-orwellian-nonsense/?noredirect=on

From the articl ...[text shortened]... ssinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4?op=1&r=US&IR=T
    It does want me to be the first to colonize Mars. The way the world is going now, it is clear humans are too stupid to 1, govern themselves, and 2, can't stop pooping in their own backyards, plastic piling up in the oceans by the megaton, climate change happening before our very eyes but humans being as stupid as they are, cannot recognize real threats, just keep up business as usual, Trump calling for the revitalization of coal, like THAT is going to stop the rise of CO2 and world temperature rises.

Humans cannot see past the nose on their face the fact that with rising Arctic temperatures the tundra will (already starting) to release a LOT of methane into the atmosphere, a gas 20 odd times stronger a greenhouse gas than CO2, but who cares, it's business as usual, our kids are smart, they will fix any problems.

Who cares if Coral reefs around the world are dying which means an entire ecosystem dead.

Who gives a shyte about stupid corals? They will recover.

Etc. Etc., Etc. I get my golden parachute, my kids can live in the woods forever away from all that crap. That is about the level of actual thinking going on in government.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    11 May '18 19:23

From the articl ...[text shortened]... ssinsider.com/china-social-credit-system-punishments-and-rewards-explained-2018-4?op=1&r=US&IR=T
    "...the dystopian Chinese fascist government."
    --Lundos

What a refreshingly 'objective' way to introduce a discussion! (sarcasm intended)
    The perceived 'Yellow Peril' strikes fear and hatred into the hearts of many Westerners.

But, for some reasons, many Westerners admire much, though not necessarily everything, about
    what China's "dystopian Chinese fascist government" has done for the Chinese people.
    (Indeed, some Western expats have 'voted with their feet' and live happily in China today.)
    More importantly, about no Chinese want their society to return to exactly what it was
    before the People's Republic of China.
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 May '18 20:40
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    --Lundos

What a refreshingly 'objective' way to introduce a discussion! (sarcasm intended)
    The perceived 'Yellow Peril' strikes fear and hatred into the hearts of many Westerners.

But, for some reasons, many Westerners admire much, though not necessarily everything, about
    what China's "dystopian Chi ...[text shortened]... ese want their society to return to exactly what it was
    Duchess - What "strikes fear and hatred into the hearts of many Westerners" is something you have no way of knowing. Once again, your claims of extra sensory perception, and knowing what other people think in other countries is silly.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    11 May '18 20:564 edits
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Duchess - What "strikes fear and hatred into the hearts of many Westerners" is something you have no way of knowing.
    Once again, your claims of extra sensory perception, and knowing what other people think in other countries is silly.
    "What "strikes fear and hatred into the hearts of many Westerners" is something you have no way of knowing."
    --Mchill

FALSE. The lying racist troll Mchill spews more nonsense, attempting to deny the ample
    evidence, which I can easily find, of anti-Asian 'Yellow Peril' racism in Western cultures.
    'Yellow Peril' racism has been the subject of much academic study.

Here's a long article (which I suspect few white people here will read) from Wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Peril

"The Yellow Peril (also Yellow Terror and Yellow Spectre) is a racist color-metaphor that
    is integral to the xenophobic theory of colonialism: that the peoples of East Asia are a
    danger to the Western world. As a psycho-cultural perception of menace from the East,
    fear of the Yellow Peril was more racial than national, a fear derived, not from concern
    with a specific source of danger, from any one country or people, but from a vaguely
    ominous, existential fear of the vast, faceless, nameless horde of yellow people opposite
    the Western world. As a form of xenophobia, the Yellow Terror is the fear of the rising
    tide of colored people from the Orient."

Even some white people (who are much less dishonest than the racist troll Mchill)
    concede the existence of anti-Asian 'Yellow Peril' racism in Western societies.
    Some white academics have analyzed and criticized 'Yellow Peril' racism.

The lying racist troll Mchill apparently prefers to deny that 'Yellow Peril' racism can exist.
    Mchill typically loves to claim that I can have no way of knowing that any white people are racist.
    As a deeply racist white man, Mchill's one of the most fanatical deniers here of white racism.
  6. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 May '18 21:04
    "What "strikes fear and hatred into the hearts of many Westerners" is something you have no way of knowing."
    --Mchill

FALSE. The lying racist troll Mchill spews more nonsense, attempting to deny the ample
    evidence, which I can easily find, of anti-Asian 'Yellow Peril' racism in Western cultures.
    'Yellow Peril' racism has been the subject of much ...[text shortened]...
    As a deeply racist white man, Mchill's one of the most fanatical deniers here of white racism.
    🙄
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 May '18 00:41
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    It does want me to be the first to colonize Mars. The way the world is going now, it is clear humans are too stupid to 1, govern themselves, and 2, can't stop pooping in their own backyards, plastic piling up in the oceans by the megaton, climate change happening before our very eyes but humans being as stupid as they are, cannot recognize real threats, ju ...[text shortened]... ever away from all that crap. That is about the level of actual thinking going on in government.
    somewhere there is a medication...I swear, there has to be.
  8. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    12 May '18 05:51
    --Lundos

what China's "dystopian Chi ...[text shortened]... ese want their society to return to exactly what it was
    Who says I need to be objective?

Instead of your non-answer, let me ask you straight up. Would you like a Social Credit System like the one becoming mandatory in China in country you live in? Why or why not?
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 May '18 18:471 edit
    Who says I need to be objective?

Instead of your non-answer, let me ask you straight up. Would you like a Social Credit System like the one becoming mandatory in China in country you live in? Why or why not?
    "Who says I need to be objective?"
    --Lundos

So will Lundos explicitly admit to being a racist troll?

"I was [by using a racist slur deleted by RHP] absolutely insulting Asians at the time."
    --AThousandYoung
  10. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    12 May '18 19:52
    "Who says I need to be objective?"
    --Lundos

So will Lundos explicitly admit to being a racist troll?

"I was [by using a racist slur deleted by RHP] absolutely insulting Asians at the time."
    --AThousandYoung
    In my opinion installing a Social Credit system is dystopian and fascist and it comes from the Chinese government, so...

Now, another non-answer from your side. And one of those questions that really aren't helping any discussion. Sort of an answer to expect from ... well a troll.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 May '18 19:562 edits
    In my opinion installing a Social Credit system is dystopian and fascist and it comes from the Chinese government, so...

Now, another non-answer from your side. And one of those questions that really aren't helping any discussion. Sort of an answer to expect from ... well a troll.
    I have no interest in replying to a question introduced by Lundos's inflammatory words.
    And no else here (apart from Sonhouse, whose post seems to digress greatly) has shown
    any interest so far in Lundos's question.
  12. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    12 May '18 19:59
    I have no interest in replying to a question introduced by Lundos's inflammatory words.
    And no else here (apart from Sonhouse, whose post seems to digress greatly) has shown
    any interest so far in Lundos's question.
    Apparently so. I guess we'll have to wait until 2020 when it kicks in. I'm pretty sure it will be quite the topic then.
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 May '18 20:32
    The People's Republic of China has consistently demanded international recognition of
    China's national unity, including Taiwan being a part of China. This demand is a legacy
    of China's still unfinished civil war. Long after being expelled from the mainland, the
    KMT regime in Taipei claimed to be the only legitimate government of all China (an
    unrealistic position supported by the USA until the 1970s.) As I recall, Taiwan even
    appointed a non-Tibetan to 'represent' China's Tibetan minority in Taiwan's parliament.

The People's Republic of China's sensitivity upon the issue of China's unity is understandable
    and has precedent in other civil conflicts. During the US Civil War, if the UK or France
    had refused to recognize the Confederate states in rebellion as still officially part of the
    United States of America, US President Lincoln would have condemned the British and
    French and applied whatever pressure that he could to change that situation.

China's apparent resort to threatening economic retaliation against American corporations that
    refuse to recognize (as much as Beijing demands) that Taiwan's part of China also has precedent.
    The Arab League has long had an economic boycott of Israel. The extremely pro-Israeli
    US government has decided that this boycott is absolutely wrong. An American corporation
    doing business with the Arabs is NOT allowed by the US government to choose whether or
    not to cooperate with the boycott. If an American corporation (led by a CEO critical of Israel)
    were to decide to cooperate with the Arab League boycott, then it could expect to be
    heavily fined or otherwise punished by the US government, which might even pursue
    criminal charges against its senior executives. My point is that US government's ready
    to exert all its powers to compel all American corporations to adhere to its pro-Israeli line
    and refuse to cooperate with the Arab League boycott. The USA does not approve of
    American corporations being free to make up their own policies toward the Arab-Israeli conflict.

To sum up, while one may criticize the People's Republic of China, its government's not
    acting much, if any, differently than other governments have done in similar situations.
  14. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    14 May '18 07:54
    To sum up, while one may criticize the People's Republic of China, its government's not acting much, if any, differently than other governments have done in similar situations.
    Well, that is a completely different story. We can discuss Taiwan (and Tibet) if you want to.
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    16 May '18 04:26
    Well, that is a completely different story. We can discuss Taiwan (and Tibet) if you want to.
    My post was a comment upon the "Washington Post" article linked by Lundos.