Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 13:221 edit
    These people are disgusting, for instance.
    YouTube

Video made me start to dry heave I had to stop watching or vomit, it's pretty hard to take.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 14:51
    Coming from you, it's like Stephen Hawking saying: "us British are WAY better marathon runners than others."
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 15:34
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Coming from you, it's like Stephen Hawking saying: "us British are WAY better marathon runners than others."
    You think all your insults are witty and cute.
    They aren't.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 15:48
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    They aren't.
    It's just his way of saying I don't like what you've brought up because you are right.
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 16:11
    These people are disgusting, for instance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCKDsjLt_qU

Video made me start to dry heave I had to stop watching or vomit, it's pretty hard to take.
    You are so narrow minded me you make me want to heave.. And believe me, it ain't dry.

I'm sure living with dead bodies is less whining than living with non-dead bodies, fair enough though, probably not my thing.

However, it's probably still more preferable to sharing an apartment with the likes of you.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 16:142 edits
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    You are so narrow minded me you make me want to heave.. And believe me, it ain't dry.

I'm sure living with dead bodies is less whining than living with non-dead bodies, fair enough though, probably not my thing.

However, it's probably still more preferable to sharing an apartment with the likes of you.
    Yeah I'm narrow minded because I think keeping corpses of family members around the house for years and feeding and clothing them is sick.
    You of course understand that it's just a cultural thing and all cultures are equal and no better than any other, just different.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 17:38
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Cultures exist because people see theirs as a better way of living. Why would anyone adopt what they see as an inferior lifestyle or culture?

The analogy of marathon runners is interesting. You do realize that not all Kenyans are great long distance runners. Great long distance runners can come from any culture, but more will come from cultures where it is common for people to run a lot.
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 19:371 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra to FishHead111
    FishHead111 presumably believes that Mo Farah (who was born in Somalia) is *not* really British.
    (Yes, 'Mo' is short for 'Mohamed', not 'Moses'.)
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 19:40
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    FishHead111 presumably believes that Mo Farah (who was born in Somalia) is *not* really British.
    (Yes, 'Mo' is short for 'Mohamed', not 'Moses'.)
    You are correct, no more than he could ever really be Swedish or German.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 19:52
    They aren't.
    When it comes to insulting you, I could never match your portrayal of your own person on this forum.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 20:13
    You are correct, no more than he could ever really be Swedish or German.
    So FishHead111 presumably believes that the UK should not be allowed to claim the Olympic medals that Mo Farah has won.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 20:236 edits
    So FishHead111 presumably believes that the UK should not be allowed to claim the Olympic medals that Mo Farah has won.
    If it makes the UK feel good to have a foreigner win Olympic medals for them that's OK with me.
    But don't tell me he's British...or that if he moved to Denmark he'd be Danish, or any other such silly nonsense.
    He's an African. He's a Somalian. But he's NOT ever gonna be Italian, Dutch, French, or anything else just because he moves there and becomes a citizen.
    (Waiting for the inevitable "race is a social construct" nonsense to begin)
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 21:06
    If it makes the UK feel good to have a foreigner win Olympic medals for them that's OK with me.
    But don't tell me he's British...or that if he moved to Denmark he'd be Danish, or any other such silly nonsense.
    He's an African. He's a Somalian. But he's NOT ever gonna be Italian, Dutch, French, or anything else just because he moves there and becomes a citizen.
    (Waiting for the inevitable "race is a social construct" nonsense to begin)
    Mo Farah (born in 1983) is 33 years old. He moved to the UK when he was eight years old.
    So he has been living in the UK for 25 years, about three times as long as he lived in Somalia.

So FishHead111 presumably would believe that the overwhelming majority of the best
    chess players in the USA are not 'real Americans' because they were not born in the USA.
    Hikaru Nakamura was born n Japan. When he was two years old (about the time his parents got divorced),
    he moved with his mother to the USA. But FishHead111 believes that he's not a 'real American'?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 21:20
    So FishHead111 presumably would believe that the overwhelming majority of the best
    chess players in the USA are not 'real Americans' because they were not born in the USA.
    Hikaru Nakamura was born n Japan. When he was two years old (about the time his parents got divorced),
    he moved with his mother to the USA. But FishHead111 believes that he's not a 'real American'?
    They are American citizens.They are indeed Americans.
    America is a bit ticklish to deal with in the ethnicity department since it's been a melting pot for over 200 years.
    BUT.
    That melting pot has been almost exclusively white western European throughout most of it's existence, until the last 50 years.
    Yes, anybody can become "an American".
    But NOBODY can become a REAL Dane, Swede, German, or any other European ethnicity because they moved there and became a citizen.
    Got it?
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    09 Apr '16 21:23
    They are American citizens.They are indeed Americans.
    America is a bit ticklish to deal with in the ethnicity department since it's been a melting pot for over 200 years.
    BUT.
    That melting pot has been almost exclusively white western European throughout most of it's existence, until the last 50 years.
    Yes, anybody can become "an American".
    But ...[text shortened]... German, or any other European ethnicity because they moved there and became a citizen.
    Got it?
    Mo Farah (CBE) is a UK citizen, but FishHead111 believes that he cannot be 'really British'.