Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    146067
    16 Nov '16 02:10
    THINGS TO CELEBRATE:

    In the California race to replace retiring Senator Barbara Boxer, Kamala
    Harris, daughter of Indian & Jamaican immigrants, was voted the nation's
    first Indian-American and second black female Senator.

    In Oregon, Kate Brown was the first openly LGBT person to be elected to
    a US governorship.

    Lisa Blunt Rochester earned Delaware's sole seat in the House of
    Representatives, becoming both the first woman and the first African-
    American to represent Delaware in Congress.

    In Minnesota, Ilhan Omar, a former refugee, is the first Somali-American
    Muslim woman elected to a state legislature.

    Catherine Cortez Masto of Nevada is the first Latina elected to the
    Senate.

    Tammy Duckworth took back Obama's Senate seat in Illinois.

    In Florida, Stephanie Murphy was the first Vietnamese-American woman
    elected to Congress, defeating a 23-year Republican incumbent.

    Pramila Jayapal will be the first female Indian-American Congressional
    Representative. An immigrant from India at 16, she was elected to
    represent the Seattle area on a Bernie-Sanders-style platform.

    In NJ, Josh Gottheimer, first time Democratic candidate, beat
    Representative Scott Garrett, seven-term Republican incumbent and one
    of the most conservative Tea-Party-aligned members of Congress.

    Sheriff Joe Arpaio was ousted in Arizona.

    A woman handily won the popular vote for President of the United States.
  2. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Joined
    02 Aug '07
    Moves
    66428
    16 Nov '16 02:20
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    THINGS TO CELEBRATE:

    In the California race to replace retiring Senator Barbara Boxer, Kamala
    Harris, daughter of Indian & Jamaican immigrants, was voted the nation's
    first Indian-American and second black female Senator.

    In Oregon, Kate Brown was the first openly LGBT person to be elected to
    a US governorship.

    Lisa Blunt Rochester earned Del ...[text shortened]... ousted in Arizona.

    A woman handily won the popular vote for President of the United States.
    It's OK, we got Trump elected, loser
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    146067
    16 Nov '16 07:14
    Originally posted by my2sons
    It's OK, we got Trump elected, loser
    Yep. You did. And most of you are going to regret it.
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    16 Nov '16 21:001 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    THINGS TO CELEBRATE:

    In the California race to replace retiring Senator Barbara Boxer, Kamala
    Harris, daughter of Indian & Jamaican immigrants, was voted the nation's
    first Indian-American and second black female Senator.

    In Oregon, Kate Brown was the first openly LGBT person to be elected to
    a US governorship.

    Lisa Blunt Rochester earned Del ...[text shortened]... ousted in Arizona.

    A woman handily won the popular vote for President of the United States.
    There already are two conservative Republican governors of (Asian) Indian heritage:
    Piyush ('Bobby' ) Jindal of Louisiana and Nimrata ('Nikki' ) Haley (nee Randhawa) of South Carolina.
    Being of non-white immigrant heritage does not necessarily mean one's 'progressive'.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    146067
    16 Nov '16 21:18
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    There already are two conservative Republican governors of (Asian) Indian heritage:
    Piyush ('Bobby' ) Jindal of Louisiana and Nimrata ('Nikki' ) Haley (nee Randhawa) of South Carolina.
    Being of non-white immigrant heritage does not necessarily mean one's 'progressive'.
    Good point. Kind of like cheering Margaret Thatcher breaking the glass ceiling over there.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Nov '16 21:50
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Yep. You did. And most of you are going to regret it.
    As half of the country plots and cheers for the demise of the country over the next 4 years, I can only wonder, how much longer the US be a Republic.
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    146067
    16 Nov '16 21:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    As half of the country plots and cheers for the demise of the country over the next 4 years, I can only wonder, how much longer the US be a Republic.
    No, that's what's happened for the last 8, but we survived anyway.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    8800
    16 Nov '16 21:57
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    No, that's what's happened for the last 8, but we survived anyway.
    That was a great comeback
  9. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    16 Nov '16 22:031 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Good point. Kind of like cheering Margaret Thatcher breaking the glass ceiling over there.
    While Asian Indians have experienced racism, it's not been nearly as bad as the racism
    experienced by some other Asians such as the Chinese or Japanese in the United States.

    One factor may be that the USA has fought major wars against the Chinese, Filipinos,
    Japanese, Koreans, and Vietnamese, but not against (Asian) Indians.
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    16 Nov '16 22:44
    Originally posted by my2sons
    It's OK, we got Trump elected, loser
    HAR HAR HAR
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    16 Nov '16 22:45
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Nov '16 22:452 edits
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    No, that's what's happened for the last 8, but we survived anyway.
    Sure you did.

    You had Rush Limbaugh and the gang saying he hoped Obama would fail, only, now you have angry mobs in the streets hurting people and looting.

    In fact wasn't it you who started a thread about California breaking away from the Union? Before, with Obama, it was Texas saying the same thing.

    Why not then let conservative states do their own thing and liberal states do their own thing? The Federal government should only maintain the peace and international affairs.

    Or, we can continue this stupid game until people get killed or the country falls apart.
  13. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    16 Nov '16 22:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sure you did.

    You had Rush Limbaugh and the gang saying he hoped Obama would fail, only, now you have angry mobs in the streets hurting people and looting.

    In fact wasn't it you who started a thread about California breaking away from the Union? Before, with Obama, it was Texas saying the same thing.

    Why not then let conservative states do their ow ...[text shortened]... rs.

    Or, we can continue this stupid game until people get killed or the country falls apart.
    If Paul Ryan and the GOP Congresspeople get what they want, it won't be the elderly dying of untreated cancer in trailers in Silicon Valley.
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    16 Nov '16 22:551 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sure you did.

    You had Rush Limbaugh and the gang saying he hoped Obama would fail, only, now you have angry mobs in the streets hurting people and looting.

    In fact wasn't it you who started a thread about California breaking away from the Union? Before, with Obama, it was Texas saying the same thing.

    Why not then let conservative states do their ow ...[text shortened]... rs.

    Or, we can continue this stupid game until people get killed or the country falls apart.
    The Orange Zuma* will not leave California alone. His people will come to rape and pillage our State like they always have and we have to drop trou and grab our ankles and accept it, despite the fact that we outnumber them.

    😞

    *YouTube : Orange Zuma
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    16 Nov '16 22:562 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If Paul Ryan and the GOP Congresspeople get what they want, it won't be the elderly dying of untreated cancer in trailers in Silicon Valley.
    Right now they are Veterans being put on secret death lists because they are too sick to treat.

    At least, that is what happened in Arizona. God only knows for how long it was going on and how many other places it may be going on now..

    Keeping costs down is the name of the game.

    Now Progs want us all to have their health care system.

    So if they will do that to our veterans, imagine how they will treat us.
Back to Top