Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 18:372 edits
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-ag-mark-herring-admits-wearing-blackface-at-1980-college-party

It appears that the AG for Virginia has admitted to wearing black face as well.

This is what the AG said of the Virginian governor before it was found out that he painted his face black.

Herring is among those who have called on Northam to resign after the discovery of a photo of someone in blackface and another in a KKK costume on his 1984 medical school yearbook page.

"It is no longer possible for Governor Northam to lead our Commonwealth and it is time for him to step down," Herring said over the weekend.

Let me guess, the AG won't hold himself to the same standard.

Typical Dim.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 18:391 edit
    The man who would replace the governor for his face painting has been accused of sexual misconduct.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-lt-gov-fairfax-denies-sexual-assault-allegation-amid-political-storm

But then, we don't want to believe women now do we Dims?

I'm thinking they should burn the whole state government down and start over.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 18:41
    @whodey said
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-ag-mark-herring-admits-wearing-blackface-at-1980-college-party

Why don't you have the latest attack on Elizebeth Warren where she signed herself as native American in some law bar paper in 1980 or so? You are getting behind in your rightwingnut chatter.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 18:43
    @whodey
    Aren't you a law and order dude? Doesn't that mean you go by the dictum innocent till proven guilty?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 18:44
    @sonhouse

You obviously hate women and are racist because of her Indian heritage.

Aren't you ashamed of yourself?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 00:45
    @whodey said
    @sonhouse

You obviously hate women and are racist because of her Indian heritage.

Aren't you ashamed of yourself?
    Seriously, if you know of any Dims that don't color their face black or sexually assault women, they should send their resume in to the state of Virginia.

Do you know of any?

Unfortunately, I don't .
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 01:03
    @whodey said

This is what the AG said of the Virginian governor before it was found out that he painted his face black.

Herring is among those who have called on Northam to resign after the discover ...[text shortened]... d over the weekend.

Let me guess, the AG won't hold himself to the same standard.

Typical Dim.
    Herring certainly seems to have been hypocritical in his weekend statement. Still I stand by my prior position that minor misconduct decades ago should not result in the automatic forfeiture of any possibility of political office.

By contrast, the allegations against Fairfax are quite serious and if found credible (as they seem to be so far) he should resign.
  8. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 01:17
    @no1marauder said
    Herring certainly seems to have been hypocritical in his weekend statement. Still I stand by my prior position that minor misconduct decades ago should not result in the automatic forfeiture of any possibility of political office.

By contrast, the allegations against Fairfax are quite serious and if found credible (as they seem to be so far) he should resign.
    Amazing to me, that there is more concern, in this very thread, with a man applying blackface many years ago than there is concern about his casual approach to the vile stoppage of life. The news outlets as well are a little confused about where to concentrate the real news. THIS is The State of The Union, if I may quote a phrase. Breaks my heart.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 01:23
    @averagejoe1 said
    Amazing to me, that there is more concern, in this very thread, with a man applying blackface many years ago than there is concern about his casual approach to the vile stoppage of life. The news outlets as well are a little confused about where to concentrate the real news. THIS is The State of The Union, if I may quote a phrase. Breaks my heart.
    Trying to make Northam's comments into support for infanticide as right wing fanatics including the present temporary occupant of the White House have done are dishonest:

In a statement Wednesday, Northam's office said anti-choice lawmakers had taken his comments out of context. "No woman seeks a third trimester abortion except in the case of tragic or difficult circumstances, such as a nonviable pregnancy or in the event of severe fetal abnormalities, and the governor's comments were limited to the actions physicians would take in the event that a woman in those circumstances went into labor," Northam's spokesperson Ofirah Yheskel said in a statement. "Attempts to extrapolate these comments otherwise is in bad faith and underscores exactly why the governor believes physicians and women, not legislators, should make these difficult and deeply personal medical decisions."

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/01/223159/virginia-governor-ralph-northam-third-trimester-late-term-abortion-bill
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 21:162 edits
    @no1marauder said

How is this any different that what happened to Kav when DOCTOR Ford accused him?

I seem to recall you saying Kav should step aside

When will your hypocrisy stop or is it limitless?
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 21:40
    If so, Virginia's Republicans consume that water too.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/feb/07/donald-trump-latest-news-live-nancy-pelosi-shutdown

"Top Virginia Republican edited yearbook containing racial slurs – live.
    Tommy Norment, state senate majority leader, is latest figure in scandal
    Norment oversaw 1968 yearbook with blackface photos and derogatory language"
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 21:46
    @duchess64 said
    If so, Virginia's Republicans consume that water too.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/feb/07/donald-trump-latest-news-live-nancy-pelosi-shutdown

"Top Virginia Republican edited yearbook containing racial slurs – live.
    Tommy Norment, state senate majority leader, is latest figure in scandal
    Norment oversaw 1968 yearbook with blackface photos and derogatory language"
    No one much cares if someone commits adultery unless they are a TV evangelist.

This is because they make themselves a hypocrite by preaching against something they do themselves.

Dims created this because they race bait nonstop. In fact, Northam did the same to his political opponent Gillespie.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/reminder-ralph-northam-won-after-calling-ed-gillespie-racist/

On Friday, news broke that Gov. Ralph Northam (D-Va.) had a photo of him either in blackface or a Ku Klux Klan hood featured in his medical school yearbook. After a week of outrage over Northam's comments endorsing infanticide in cases of botched abortion, only this scandal finally led the governor to apologize.

Yet the news is particularly horrific because Northam ran a smear campaign against Ed Gillespie in 2017, and won the Virginia governor race after tarring Gillespie as a white nationalist. Gillespie had immediately condemned the white nationalists in Charlottesville. In a moment of supreme irony, Northam defended himself on Saturday by referencing his own denunciation of Charlottesville.

The Democrat sent out a disgusting mailer (which I received in the mail) tying both President Donald Trump and Ed Gillespie to the white nationalists in Charlottesville, Va.

Later, an ad presented Gillespie as a genocidal white supremacist. Northam reported the ad as an "in-kind" donation to his campaign.

The current governor at the time, Terry McAuliffe, accused Gillespie of having run the "most racist" campaign in Virginia history. Yes, he suggested Gillespie's campaign was more racist than the secessionist movement supporting slavery, the segregationists, and the opposition to interracial marriage. That's how ridiculous it got.

I don't know if Northam should resign over this. It seems he has decided not to. But at the very least, he should apologize to Ed Gillespie.

In other words, before you go round acting holier than thou, perhaps you should look at yourself first.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 22:311 edit
    @whodey said
    How is this any different that what happened to Kav when DOCTOR Ford accused him?

I seem to recall you saying Kav should step aside

When will your hypocrisy stop or is it limitless?
    You accusing someone else of hypocrisy on these matters is truly mind boggling.

Unlike you, I supported a full investigation of the charges against Kavanaugh as I support a full investigation of the charges against Fairfax. If the charges against the latter are found credible, he should resign as I supported calls for Al Franken to resign for less serious charges ("groping" instead of forcible sodomy). You, on the other hand, have dismissed any such charges against Republicans out of hand.

In the end, I said Kavanaugh should withdraw or be defeated because of his unprofessional conduct in front of the Senate, as thousands of other legal professionals did in an open letter. https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/18-Albany-Law-professors-and-2-400-others-sign-13282753.php

""We regret that we feel compelled to write to you, our Senators, to provide our views that at the Senate hearings on Sept. 27, Judge Brett Kavanaugh displayed a lack of judicial temperament that would be disqualifying for any court, and certainly for elevation to the highest court of this land."

The letter ended: "We have differing views about the other qualifications of Judge Kavanaugh. But we are united, as professors of law and scholars of judicial institutions, in believing that he did not display the impartiality and judicial temperament requisite to sit on the highest court of our land."

It remains unclear whether the charges against him were true or not.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 22:48
    @no1marauder said
    You accusing someone else of hypocrisy on these matters is truly mind boggling.

Unlike you, I supported a full investigation of the charges against Kavanaugh as I support a full investigation of the charges against Fairfax. If the charges against the latter are found credible, he should resign as I supported calls for Al Franken to resign for less serious charges ("gro ...[text shortened]... highest court of our land."

It remains unclear whether the charges against him were true or not.
    LOL.

Kav was thoroughly investigated and at the last minute the Dims threw in Ford to crash the ship when they knew well beforehand what Kav was being accused of.

In other words, they were stalling and grand standing and lying their arses off.

I have no idea how you prove such charges, it is virtually impossible and the Dims knew this.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 23:06
    @whodey said
    LOL.

Kav was thoroughly investigated and at the last minute the Dims threw in Ford to crash the ship when they knew well beforehand what Kav was being accused of.

In other words, they were stalling and grand standing and lying their arses off.

I have no idea how you prove such charges, it is virtually impossible and the Dims knew this.
    None of that is true as you surely know.

Assessing the credibility of witnesses is a common feature of our legal system done in thousands of courtrooms every day.