Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    20 Jul '09 07:54
    What are your thoughts about this children's book about President Barack Obama?

    http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=22&pid=628039

    Quote:
    “Barack smiled, tears rolling down his cheeks. Suddenly he knew for certain hope would last long enough for him to make a difference.”

    Think Norman Rockwell for the artwork.

    I must confess it makes me want to spew.
  2. 20 Jul '09 09:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

    I must confess it makes me want to spew.[/b]
    Blasphemy!!

    What are you, some kind of racist?
  3. 20 Jul '09 10:20
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What are your thoughts about this children's book about President Barack Obama?

    http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=22&pid=628039

    Quote:
    “Barack smiled, tears rolling down his cheeks. Suddenly he knew for certain hope would last long enough for him to make a difference.”

    Think Norman Rockwell for the artwork.

    I must confess it makes me want to spew.
    The Obama prayer-

    Our Father who arent in heaven.
    Hollow is thy name.
    Let thy kingdom come.
    Thy will be done in the US. as it is in the United Nation.
    Give us our daily chemtrails.
    Tax us our co2 emmisions, as we tax others who pollute.
    And lead us not into individualism.
    But deliver us into the New World Order.
    For thine is the Kingdom, the money, and real world assets. Oman.
  4. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    20 Jul '09 10:29
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    “Barack smiled, tears rolling down his cheeks. Suddenly he knew for certain hope would last long enough for him to make a difference.”

    Think Norman Rockwell for the artwork.

    I must confess it makes me want to spew.
    ..you don't like the feel of warm custard reflux?!
  5. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    20 Jul '09 13:38
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    The Obama prayer-

    Our Father who arent in heaven.
    Hollow is thy name.
    Let thy kingdom come.
    Thy will be done in the US. as it is in the United Nation.
    Give us our daily chemtrails.
    Tax us our co2 emmisions, as we tax others who pollute.
    And lead us not into individualism.
    But deliver us into the New World Order.
    For thine is the Kingdom, the money, and real world assets. Oman.
    Collectivism and egalitarianism are greatest guarantors of individualism. What commonly passes for "individualism" is the surest path toward the subjugation and homogenization of the individual. The former provides real opportunities for individualism in practice, the latter promotes the idea in theory, but suppresses it in practice.
  6. 20 Jul '09 13:44
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Collectivism and egalitarianism are greatest guarantors of individualism. What commonly passes for "individualism" is the surest path toward the subjugation and homogenization of the individual. The former provides real opportunities for individualism in practice, the latter promotes the idea in theory, but suppresses it in practice.
    that was a nice distortion of reality and a butherization of the english language.
  7. 20 Jul '09 13:53
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    that was a nice distortion of reality...
    Elaborate.
  8. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    20 Jul '09 14:00
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    that was a nice distortion of reality and a butherization of the english language.
    Let us use an example.

    System 'A' has choices ranging from 1 to 1,000. In theory you could choose from any of them, but in practice there is a 99% chance your choice will be restricted to a 1% range (10 choices).

    System 'B' has choices ranging from 1 to 100, with equal opportunity to each choice.

    System 'A' gives you the greatest number of choices IN THEORY, while system 'B' gives you the greatest number of choices IN PRACTICE.
  9. 20 Jul '09 14:02
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What are your thoughts about this children's book about President Barack Obama?

    http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=22&pid=628039

    Quote:
    “Barack smiled, tears rolling down his cheeks. Suddenly he knew for certain hope would last long enough for him to make a difference.”

    Think Norman Rockwell for the artwork.

    I must confess it makes me want to spew.
    I find it slightly ridiculous to write about him in this manner already. Kinda like when a commercial
    pop band release their "best of"-album after only a few years in the industry with only one mega hit
    on the charts. It's laughable.
  10. Standard member MrVarnell
    The Unteachable
    20 Jul '09 14:22
    I find it ammusing how sentiment did a 180 as soon as he was elected. In his 2 years running for president, he could do no wrong, and was the black Jesus come to save us all. BOOM (Election Day) - This guy is screwing everything up and needs out of there ASAP. Its about time everybody sees he is a canabalistic, racist, muslim extremist, who has come to convert us all to the will of allah by creating a socialist dictatorship in America. Thanks Mom.
  11. 20 Jul '09 15:00
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Collectivism and egalitarianism are greatest guarantors of individualism. What commonly passes for "individualism" is the surest path toward the subjugation and homogenization of the individual. The former provides real opportunities for individualism in practice, the latter promotes the idea in theory, but suppresses it in practice.
    Agreed. We are worth nothing in and of ourselves. Our only worth comes from our support of the fatherland.

    Edit: I really should stop reading Hitler quotes but I simply can't help myself!!
  12. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    20 Jul '09 15:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    Edit: I really should stop reading Hitler quotes but I simply can't help myself!!
    No surprise there.
  13. 20 Jul '09 15:24
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No surprise there.
    and I imagine you read Marx
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    20 Jul '09 15:44
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    and I imagine you read Marx
    Haven't you?
  15. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    20 Jul '09 15:45
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    What are your thoughts about this children's book about President Barack Obama?

    http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=22&pid=628039

    Quote:
    “Barack smiled, tears rolling down his cheeks. Suddenly he knew for certain hope would last long enough for him to make a difference.”

    Think Norman Rockwell for the artwork.

    I must confess it makes me want to spew.
    It's just a childrens book...don't make such a big deal out of it.