Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    14 Dec '17 15:31
    Poor little Roy Moore lost his election, now he's turning his election loss into a half baked crusade on morality. Forget the sexual allegations Roy, what about the fact that you were kicked off the high court in Alabama TWICE for ethics violations?! How does this fit in with your good book, and your Christian pure, goody two shoes evangelism?

    Maybe it's time for the right wing to stop hiding behind their church and admit (just once) that the best candidate won.

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-roy-moore-alabama-senate-election-20171213-story.html

    https://www.thecut.com/2017/12/roy-moore-wont-concede-tells-supporters-to-wait-on-god.html
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    14 Dec '17 16:42
    Well, I can't say his refusal to concede is without merit. There was a 0.7% difference between Moore and Jones in the vote count. He said he's waiting for the "official" Alabama vote count. If that's true, he has a right to wait for it. And, honestly, as close as this election is, he would probably be allowed a recount.

    This may be just a sore looser dragging his heels to keep from admitting defeat, but I don't think he's being totally unreasonable here.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81319
    14 Dec '17 17:26
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Poor little Roy Moore lost his election, now he's turning his election loss into a half baked crusade on morality. Forget the sexual allegations Roy, what about the fact that you were kicked off the high court in Alabama TWICE for ethics violations?! How does this fit in with your good book, and your Christian pure, goody two shoes evangelism?

    Maybe it's ...[text shortened]... ml

    https://www.thecut.com/2017/12/roy-moore-wont-concede-tells-supporters-to-wait-on-god.html
    How does it fit in with his Christian evangelism? Did you really just say that? Are you sure you know enough about this to be commenting? FYI, he was only removed once.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    14 Dec '17 18:13
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Poor little Roy Moore lost his election, now he's turning his election loss into a half baked crusade on morality. Forget the sexual allegations Roy, what about the fact that you were kicked off the high court in Alabama TWICE for ethics violations?! How does this fit in with your good book, and your Christian pure, goody two shoes evangelism?

    Maybe it's ...[text shortened]... ml

    https://www.thecut.com/2017/12/roy-moore-wont-concede-tells-supporters-to-wait-on-god.html
    Roy Moore... Christian morality...

    No, I'm not seeing ANYthing in common here, sorry...

    This is probably the most ridiculous thing I'll hear all day.
  5. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    14 Dec '17 18:161 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    How does it fit in with his Christian evangelism? Did you really just say that? Are you sure you know enough about this to be commenting? FYI, he was only removed once.
    Did you really just say that? Are you sure you know enough about this to be commenting?FYI he was only removed once.

    1. Yeah, I really did say that.

    2. I'm 62, been a Christian all my life, so yes, I feel I know enough to say this

    3. He was removed twice (see links) Please read them, and ask yourself if breaking the law looks good on a future Senators resume.

    https://digg.com/2017/alabama-primary-senate

    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/alabamas-moore-gets-kicked-the-bench-over-ethics-controversy

    http://www.weeklystandard.com/roy-moore-is-constitutionally-illiterate/article/2010482

    P.S. link # 3 is a very conservative site, and even they don't like him! 🙂
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81319
    14 Dec '17 19:58
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Did you really just say that? Are you sure you know enough about this to be commenting?FYI he was only removed once.

    1. Yeah, I really did say that.

    2. I'm 62, been a Christian all my life, so yes, I feel I know enough to say this

    3. He was removed twice (see links) Please read them, and ask yourself if breaking the law looks good on a future Senato ...[text shortened]... e/article/2010482

    P.S. link # 3 is a very conservative site, and even they don't like him! 🙂
    I never said I liked Moore either. Never said I like Trump.
    You cant see the Christian connection?
    #1...Roy Moore was Removed from office for refusing to remove the ten commandment monument.
    #2...Roy Moore was SUSPENDED from office (not removed) for advising probates not to issue same sex marriage license.

    If you cant see the Christian connection you are not wanting to.
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    281453
    14 Dec '17 20:041 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Poor little Roy Moore lost his election, now he's turning his election loss into a half baked crusade on morality. Forget the sexual allegations Roy, what about the fact that you were kicked off the high court in Alabama TWICE for ethics violations?! How does this fit in with your good book, and your Christian pure, goody two shoes evangelism?

    Maybe it's ...[text shortened]... ml

    https://www.thecut.com/2017/12/roy-moore-wont-concede-tells-supporters-to-wait-on-god.html
    All the votes aren't counted. Within .05 % and a recount. Those pesky outta state SOROS voters at it again. https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2017/12/13/voter-fraud-and-irregularities-in-alabama-special-senate-election/
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    14 Dec '17 20:09
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Roy Moore... Christian morality...

    No, I'm not seeing ANYthing in common here, sorry...

    This is probably the most ridiculous thing I'll hear all day.
    Guilty until proven innocent.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81319
    14 Dec '17 20:15
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Guilty until proven innocent.
    That seems to be the norm here.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81319
    14 Dec '17 20:22
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    All the votes aren't counted. Within .05 % and a recount. Those pesky outta state SOROS voters at it again. https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2017/12/13/voter-fraud-and-irregularities-in-alabama-special-senate-election/
    While I am not so sure about your link, something did happen after 80% of votes were tallied. Moore had led by 8/12 points up until then. In the blink of an eye Jones gained over 70,000 votes, then tallies fell back in line.

    I think that is his major reason for a recount. He has to stall the destruction of records. There is no law requiring electronic records being preserved. He had to act immediately to stop them from being destructed.

    May be on the up and up, I don't know. I do know black turnout was higher than in Obama elections...that is absurd..
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    15 Dec '17 05:36
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I never said I liked Moore either. Never said I like Trump.
    You cant see the Christian connection?
    #1...Roy Moore was Removed from office for refusing to remove the ten commandment monument.
    #2...Roy Moore was SUSPENDED from office (not removed) for advising probates not to issue same sex marriage license.

    If you cant see the Christian connection you are not wanting to.
    So he was removed from office for being an a-hole?

    No, I don't see a "Christian" connection.
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82196
    15 Dec '17 06:28
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    That seems to be the norm here.
    Don't bring Norm into it. We're good!
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    15 Dec '17 07:07
    Originally posted by @kquinn909
    All the votes aren't counted. Within .05 % and a recount. Those pesky outta state SOROS voters at it again. https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2017/12/13/voter-fraud-and-irregularities-in-alabama-special-senate-election/
    Fox News kool-aid.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35846
    15 Dec '17 07:08
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    While I am not so sure about your link, something did happen after 80% of votes were tallied. Moore had led by 8/12 points up until then. In the blink of an eye Jones gained over 70,000 votes, then tallies fell back in line.

    I think that is his major reason for a recount. He has to stall the destruction of records. There is no law requiring elect ...[text shortened]... up, I don't know. I do know black turnout was higher than in Obama elections...that is absurd..
    More Fox News kool-aid.
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56284
    15 Dec '17 07:52
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Roy Moore... Christian morality...

    No, I'm not seeing ANYthing in common here, sorry...

    This is probably the most ridiculous thing I'll hear all day.
    Bananas are bent because of buggery; it’s God’s revenge on the crate makers of Moslim Africa.
Back to Top