Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 19:082 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I'm sure gramma and auntie in most cases are illegal immigrants themselves. I doubt many of them would be willing to come out from "the shadows" only to likewise end up in a detention center.
    Not at all. 90 percent of Hispanics in the USA of any race have relatives south of the border. There is a reason so many of these cities and streets are named in Spanish you know. We didn’t cross the border. The border crossed us.
  2. Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 19:19
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Their parents are not illegally locking up their children. Your representatives are, and you support them. The law only matters to you when it’s a convenient excuse for your sadism to express itself.

I’m satisfied everyone here can see that these detention centers are themselves against the law and therefore you are an intellectually dishonest hypocrite who only understands force.
    Please post a list of crimes that you feel parents may commit, in which punishment will be waived for the sake of their children.
  3. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 19:25
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Please post a list of crimes that you feel parents may commit, in which punishment will be waived for the sake of their children.
    I haven’t said anything about waiving the crime of the parents. You give ME a list of crimes for which locking the children of the criminals up is considered acceptable.
  4. Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 19:31
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    I haven’t said anything about waiving the crime of the parents. You give ME a list of crimes for which locking the children of the criminals up is considered acceptable.
    1) If the parents do NOT commit the crime, then the kids don't get punished.

2) When parents screw up, kids suffer. That's life!!

3) Where are the kids supposed to go when the parents get locked up?

4) Stop pretending it's someone's fault other than the choice of the parents. And that's for all crimes...and bad mistakes, not just border crossing.